Reconstruction

Blues Brother

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, ZZed said:

When Scottish football was producing lots of talented players it was in the 60's and 70's with 2 leagues of 18. Mid table clubs could blood youngsters in midtable games, they could try people out in a real game, now the clubs are afraid to try as the cost of losing is to high.

My memory is different. Thee were numerous meaningless games. The peak ti.e for Scotland producing talent was the first decade of the current 12 team top division. 

What I’d like about the 14 team league is it gives a better equality. Each team will play each other equally home and away pre then post split. Just now you can have differences in how many home and away games played between teams. 

But in no way do you rush through league restructuring, it’ll need all of the two year deadlines that’s currently set. 

Brighouse Town

City of Liverpool

Clitheroe

Colne

Droylsden

Dunston UTS

Kendal Town

Marine

Marske United

Mossley

Ossett United

Rangers

Pontefract Collieries

Prescot Cables

Ramsbottom United

Runcorn Linnets

Tadcaster Albion

Trafford

Widnes

Workington

(Pickering relegated to spfl.)

21 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

What I’d like about the 14 team league is it gives a better equality. Each team will play each other equally home and away pre then post split. Just now you can have differences in how many home and away games played between teams. 

But in no way do you rush through league restructuring, it’ll need all of the two year deadlines that’s currently set. 

I'm for it personally.

It's a no go imo. Think a few clubs will be pissed off about the resolution carry on and will be voting against this out of spite mostly. Shite idea either way. You take away the only appealing thing about Scottish football (us vs the child abusers 4 times a season) then you're taking away any potentially decent tv deal. 

7 minutes ago, King Jela said:

It's a no go imo. Think a few clubs will be pissed off about the resolution carry on and will be voting against this out of spite mostly. Shite idea either way. You take away the only appealing thing about Scottish football (us vs the child abusers 4 times a season) then you're taking away any potentially decent tv deal. 

You would still get that in 14 team league

19 hours ago, ZZed said:

When Scottish football was producing lots of talented players it was in the 60's and 70's with 2 leagues of 18. Mid table clubs could blood youngsters in midtable games, they could try people out in a real game, now the clubs are afraid to try as the cost of losing is to high.

100% correct and it was the days when every PE teacher in schools were basically  voluntary  scouts. Then the likes of Roxburgh, Brown etc, both PE  teachers, Largs mafia, saw an opportunity and turned the whole thing into a business and fucked the whole thing up. 

For me with the spfl it doesn't matter which way you look at it a house of cards is just that , a house of cards, waiting for the merest  breath of wind for the whole thing  to come crashing  down no matter how you reconstruct it.

What's required is change in the very fabric of and  the foundations on which Scottish football is built, no just fiddling a bit round the edges.

On 19/04/2020 at 11:36, southcoastbear said:

For me with the spfl it doesn't matter which way you look at it a house of cards is just that , a house of cards, waiting for the merest  breath of wind for the whole thing  to come crashing  down no matter how you reconstruct it.

What's required is change in the very fabric of and  the foundations on which Scottish football is built, no just fiddling a bit round the edges.

I still think a few clubs will bite the dust and then it will be a diffrent reconstruction again.

On 18/04/2020 at 21:30, MacBoyd said:

I'm for it personally.

I might be if it was being thought through, introduced to a decent timetable and not a knee jerk reaction to Hearrs, partick and Stranrar being relegated. The way to have stopped that was for more teams to have had the guts to vote no. 

On 18/04/2020 at 21:54, MacBoyd said:

You would still get that in 14 team league

The need for 4 games against them to keep the TV companies happy is the reason 14 is the highest number of teams we will ever have in the top division. If you go to 16 you end up with 30 games playing everyone twice. That is too few games to complete the season but too many to than have some sort of split. 

Not that it wasn’t before but this is getting ridiculous, they are trying to polish a shite.  So Hertz and Hamilton are leading the panel but Livingston publish publicly their ideas, who gives a flying fuck what they individually think. It is supposed to be a collective working together party. Couldn’t make it up!

We will end up with some fuck up like two 20 team leagues, relegate to wherever the rest.  2m in, we have our first split, relegate the bottom 10, the top 2 play one another alone and the other 8 go on holiday. Promote 10 from the league below but they can only play one another for 2m. Then we revert back to a full league for 2m then have another split and the bottom 10 are relegated and the top 2 only play one another. The other 8 play one another but no one watches cos no one gives a fuck. As long as the mhanks win the league, and everyone gets the same money they currently do then who cares?  Honestly, it’s like watching Dumb and Dumber. 

Chairman 1 - I think the above

Chairman 2 - 

DBE9EEA3-1248-4E7C-AB3B-3B352B44C67A.gif.2caa1f613645fa3b4ff357ec7d1ad0dc.gif

Chairman 3 - 

1D2C30C8-FA9E-4DAC-80B2-1C6F5C03728C.gif.81d929d261a10fcd42c203b0f6c24c65.gif

Chairman 1&2 - we’re from the Lowlands league. 

Just fuck off !

There is almost no logical explanation for reconstruction now. And it contradicts their previous logic for no reconstruction previously, and for punting us down to the bottom division. 

The only logic that works is that it is to benefit sellik by ensuring they have no competition. That's the only logic. It's as plain as day. What kind of sporting competition is this in Scotland now? It's done. 

14,16,18  team leagues  or combinations thereof are nothing but an overly convoluted pail of pig swill imo.

Dutch lads have got it right although I do think it is only fair to compensate  those teams who lose out due to not being promoted and a reworking of the prize money so it is  more equally distributed to ensure the survival of as many clubs as possible in the Scottish  game essential.

A position far removed from the self serving attitude displayed by many who have miraculously attained key positions within the game.

As a great man once said:

". Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase. It is healthy for us. We will never hide from it. Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity."

47 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

14,16,18  team leagues  or combinations thereof are nothing but an overly convoluted pail of pig swill imo.

Dutch lads have got it right although I do think it is only fair to compensate  those teams who lose out due to not being promoted and a reworking of the prize money so it is  more equally distributed to ensure the survival of as many clubs as possible in the Scottish  game essential.

A position far removed from the self serving attitude displayed by many who have miraculously attained key positions within the game.

As a great man once said:

". Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase. It is healthy for us. We will never hide from it. Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity."

Sadly Mr Struth never envisaged Scottish Football being run for the benefit of one club by a cabal of cellic minded individuals 😞

Archived