Reconstruction

Blues Brother

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see they are proposing a top.league of 14  and 3 leagues of 10. This means no relegation and top two from each division go up so this keeps everyone happy except big bad Rangers. 

Only way I can see a 14 top division working is play everyone twice and then split into 2 sevens and play everyone in your half again home and away. This would be 26 games pre split and 12 post split keeping 38 games and avoiding the current issue of mismatch of home and away matches that sometimes happens at the moment.

Also keeps 4 games against them so keeps TV companies happy. Wonder if the teams who could end up in the bottom half realise they will only get 2 home gates against us and the tarriers as opposed to 3 guaranteed at the moment. 

Budge will do the square root of fuck all if restructuring happens as they stay in the league. All talk of sporting integrity will be dropped like a stone because they are ‘saved’. She’s as soft as a baby’s first shite and everyone knows it. We stand alone and I hope they are relegated at the end of this and go bust. I’m sure if you pop on to their shitty forum, some clever cunt will be Sevco this and Sevco that, admin #50 coming for us. They are cunts and believe themselves to be the 3rd biggest club in Scotland, fact, you’re a fucking no mark club that no one gives two flying fucks about. 

All clubs needed money and couldn’t care less who got given unwarranted titles as long as they got their cash. They then claim we’re only pissed off because them mhanks got the title and we’re self centred, every single club in Scotland is self centred and will vote for whatever saves them or gets them £££.

At the end of this sorry process, it is the second time inside 10years it’s is well and truly confirmed we have no friends here so fuck them all.

#sorrytroopsivehadafewtonight

12 hours ago, Moody Blue said:

Budge will do the square root of fuck all if restructuring happens as they stay in the league. All talk of sporting integrity will be dropped like a stone because they are ‘saved’. She’s as soft as a baby’s first shite and everyone knows it. We stand alone and I hope they are relegated at the end of this and go bust. I’m sure if you pop on to their shitty forum, some clever cunt will be Sevco this and Sevco that, admin #50 coming for us. They are cunts and believe themselves to be the 3rd biggest club in Scotland, fact, you’re a fucking no mark club that no one gives two flying fucks about. 

All clubs needed money and couldn’t care less who got given unwarranted titles as long as they got their cash. They then claim we’re only pissed off because them mhanks got the title and we’re self centred, every single club in Scotland is self centred and will vote for whatever saves them or gets them £££.

At the end of this sorry process, it is the second time inside 10years it’s is well and truly confirmed we have no friends here so fuck them all.

#sorrytroopsivehadafewtonight

I agree with you 100%. 

I really hope they cant come up with an acceptable restructuring and the clubs that have now chosen not to fight this decision, Hearts, Partick, Falkirk and Stranraer all get what they now deserve. Up to now I argued none of them deserved to get f****d over but now they do. 

Here is my suggestion, which would shake things up big time and solve the reconstruction conundrum.

For one season only.....Top league of 20 with 22  teams in the bottom league.

TEN teams  get relegated from the SPL  with two promoted to the top tier!!!

The 10 relegated from the SPL join the 3 and 4th placed teams from the lower league, forming a 12 team 2nd tier.

The remaining teams form a 3rd tier offering a better opportunity for all lower league team to progress.

Would create 12 team SPL, 12 team championship and an 18 team third tier.

League splits not required as the bottom half would all be for the chop.

Started off as a piss take in my head but now its down on paper it seems quite appealing as it:

• gives all the lower teams a fighting chance of playing in the SPL or Championship, and
  • puts a rocket up the arse of the current SPL teams!

Imagine the panic of knowing half the the SPL would get relegated!

I'm pretty certain someone on here will point out a major flaw in my plan  but i like it 🙂

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

Here is my suggestion, which would shake things up big time and solve the reconstruction conundrum.

For one season only.....Top league of 20 with 22  teams in the bottom league.

TEN teams  get relegated from the SPL  with two promoted to the top tier!!!

The 10 relegated from the SPL join the 3 and 4th placed teams from the lower league, forming a 12 team 2nd tier.

The remaining teams form a 3rd tier offering a better opportunity for all lower league team to progress.

Would create 12 team SPL, 12 team championship and an 18 team third tier.

League splits not required as the bottom half would all be for the chop.

Started off as a piss take in my head but now its down on paper it seems quite appealing as it:

• gives all the lower teams a fighting chance of playing in the SPL or Championship, and
  • puts a rocket up the arse of the current SPL teams!

Imagine the panic of knowing half the the SPL would get relegated!

I'm pretty certain someone on here will point out a major flaw in my plan  but i like it 🙂

That's a whole thread on reconstruction a couple of posts down that this could have fitted into nicely with the rest of the debate.

Just now, British_Empire said:

That's a whole thread on reconstruction a couple of posts down that this could have fitted into nicely with the rest of the debate.

god knows how but i missed that one. I'll see if admin can shift it over.

Admin, can you shift it over? 🙂

8 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

So basically you would be promoting a say Dumbarton, Raith etc etc to the big league whilst relegating championship clubs😂😂😂😂

Take a day off bud....or away and take some medicine 

Nope, the SPL and Championship merge etc  and it’s a bun fight to retain a place at the top two tables.

lets face it, there ain’t much between say Raith and  Ross County

1 minute ago, beararse said:

Nope, the SPL and Championship merge etc  and it’s a bun fight to retain a place at the top two tables.

Not much between Raith & Ross County,  away you go, Raith are in league 1 competing against part - time opposition ffs, you need to get real if you think that sky want to be showing us or the tims away to Alloa, Morton or QOTS as part of their weekend schedule 

20 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Not much between Raith & Ross County,  away you go, Raith are in league 1 competing against part - time opposition ffs, you need to get real if you think that sky want to be showing us or the tims away to Alloa, Morton or QOTS as part of their weekend schedule 

Well, you and I would probably watch it if it was on so I doubt they’d lose out on viewing figures.

If teams aren’t good enough over a season they won’t  make it to the top tier which is pretty much how a league works.

Also, it's only for one season, then its back to a 12 team SPL.

29 minutes ago, beararse said:

Ain’t much between Raith and Ross co 

jeezo have you ever tried to walk between Kirkcaldy and Dingwall 😳😜😂

31 minutes ago, beararse said:

Problem is see with that is very soon into the season 3 or 4 clubs at least know they have no chance whatsoever ,they are down ,players chuck it and only their true diehard fans turn up ,

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

Problem is see with that is very soon into the season 3 or 4 clubs at least know they have no chance whatsoever ,they are down ,players chuck it and only their true diehard fans turn up ,

there is that but they are only playing against each twice so in theory at least they are only coming up against far 'superior' teams maybe 12 times in 38 games . the rest is against a similar level of opposition: similar to the EPL in that regard where there are usually 8 or 9 reams scrambling for survival year on year.

It was just a thought as to how you could resolve the situation & keep the SPL status quo. Gives those clubs with no chance of playing in the SPL a taster, and hopefully upsets a few well established SPL teams. Would also give all lower league clubs a bit of a much needed cash injection as they generally would be hosting bigger clubs.

It would never happen as it would be turkeys voting for xmas but i honestly think it has its appeal.

I can’t think of anything less relevant to a Rangers supporter than this, half arsed, token gesture, crumbs-off-the-table abortion of an attempt at appeasement.

Embarrassing all round and we should be above even discussing it.

Your village has been ransacked, your women raped, your children sold into slavery, your livestock slaughtered and you’re debating which route home the raiders will take?

:notallowed:

Get this tae fuck!

When Scottish football was producing lots of talented players it was in the 60's and 70's with 2 leagues of 18. Mid table clubs could blood youngsters in midtable games, they could try people out in a real game, now the clubs are afraid to try as the cost of losing is to high.

Archived