SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

Using the clubs own money for any deal needs full transparency,But then again that would be for an ethical board 

If it does not go to court cause of a payoff then that means a portion of Rangers money has been used. That is when we (and others) should kickoff.

Getting more confident we may see the end of these scum in weeks rather than months

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As said above, I suspect they will try to settle out of court.   They get to spend other clubs' money doing it, and it saves face = anything to save ND in his job and champion trophy mission.

This is a howl to the wind, but the whole setup needs dissolved.  It's a just a thugocracy for cronies, who can amass a power base of votes, with no underlying mission, structure or ethical basis.  If three quarters of member clubs voted to have half-time public beheadings, they'd say it's within the rules they just made up and voted for.

They did, of course, manage to find the fortitude to restructure the league entirely at the exact moment they wanted our TV money. 

I don't think coming up with some kind of mission that gives a fuck enough about football and clubs to preclude what they did to the relegated clubs on a completely made-up basis is difficult at all. 

2 hours ago, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

It will be a payoff made to both Hearts and Thistle with a 'confidentiality' clause about the amount.

Then 'nothing to see here' sweep sweep.

The money would have to show on the accounts, plus as a league made up from 42 club members clubs should be able to demand what (in effect) their money is being spent on and to whom...

1 hour ago, The hustler said:

The SFA must now plan for the scenario whereby the SPFL cannot continue. 

The SFA are literally not fit for purpose. They should have stepped in or at least became vocal of doing what’s best for Scottish football way back when all of this broke re the voting fiasco. Farce of an organisation with no leadership from top to bottom...

6 minutes ago, stu43rigger said:

If a judge ruled that Hearts were wrongfully/illegally relegated then would the compensation not have to be paid out for every season they are not in the top flight? 

Interesting point for sure. 

38 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Dundee looking to be in serious trouble

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/club-update-4/

What a shame. That's what you get from believing the mafia and taking their promises at face value.

I can see why Dundee’s average attendance is around the 6000 mark now, Too many      fans around The Globe obviously 😂

18 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Has there been any offical announcement from the cabal at all? The silence is absolutely deafening.

They are waiting for Rangers to make a statement ,so they can say something about us to deflect from the absolute fuck up 

54 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Dundee looking to be in serious trouble

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/club-update-4/

What a shame. That's what you get from believing the mafia and taking their promises at face value.

I had a social media exchange with a Dundee fan the day before Dundee voted yes. I told him that whatever they were being promised for giving the SPFL board their vote they better have it in writing and have lawyers check it is legally binding for as soon as they voted all record of it would be lost like their first vote. He just laughed, but guess he is feeling sick now. 

4 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

They are waiting for Rangers to make a statement ,so they can say something about us to deflect from the absolute fuck up 

I actually think The Cabal would love Rangers to wade in with a statement round about now, Think Rangers sitting tight for now is the correct call, Let the cunts chase their tail and hopefully fucking implode.

37 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

The money would have to show on the accounts, plus as a league made up from 42 club members clubs should be able to demand what (in effect) their money is being spent on and to whom...

Good point mate, that and a FOI request - never thought of that.

5 minutes ago, naepace said:

That's United, Raith and Cove Rangers instructed lawyers to look at, and defend their positions for promotions. Total clusterfuck and the messier it gets the better the viewing.

Again, I would argue they are put up to it. Their case would be on very shaky ground given they never won their league.  They only got awarded on the abritrary basis of average points per game. 

4 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Again, I would argue they are put up to it. Their case would be on very shaky ground given they never won their league.  They only got awarded on the abritrary basis of average points per game. 

Agree, this is all part of the rear-guard action.  All these sorts of claims have a familiar 'ring' to them now.

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The league's gonna need to be played to a conclusion at this rate

Can it be? Do all clubs involved still have their pitches, players etc?

If the SPFL insisted amonth ago the league was over and teams let players go, they are now at a disadvantage because of that decision.  More grounds to sue I reckon. 

17 minutes ago, naepace said:

That's United, Raith and Cove Rangers instructed lawyers to look at, and defend their positions for promotions. Total clusterfuck and the messier it gets the better the viewing.

Will we see the SFA threatening these 3 clubs like Thistle and Hearts.

Archived