SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Our Board did a lot right but got minimal support. The most likely reason is it was because it was Rangers bringing it to the table. There were too many haters out there, and too many msm gullible on here, who couldn't see that what we were highlighting WAS hugely relevant, it was never a water pistol in a gun fight. But when you cant even get others to accept a free independent investigation, then a change in tact is necessary.

We now have Doncaster etc staring down the barrel of court cases. Possible interdicts to prevent next season starting on time. Monies being paid out hand over fist. 

It's absolutely the right thing for Rangers to do to sit back watch it unfold, see how much more it costs. And when the full picture demonstrates that the alleged (and denied) malpractice and governance failings have proven true to the cost of X million then that's the time Rangers can, should and imo will go after them again.  

Hopefully the true proof of financial liabilities, the pain others will by then have suffered, and any court revelations will get the support needed this time.

I was going to say that it's time for Rangers to step up again , now that what we foresaw has come about , but you're right , let's wait for the full picture to unfold and hopefully the reality will have dawned on a few more clubs . 

I read that the SFA are now making threats to Hearts and Thistle about court. 

For a start Doncaster is on both the SFA and SPFL boards which is surely a conflict of interest. A judge would not look kindly on claimants being threatened. Might even view it as witness intimidation.

It has to be an idle threat in the run up to a court case they are desperate to avoid. 

12 hours ago, Jamie1387 said:

I just seen that apparently Hearts and Thistle should have got the approval of the SFA before launching court action. That’s why Claire Whyte is looking at it to see if they can sanction them. This is just an absolute shit show  you can’t take us to court you have to ask the other governing body’s permission. No wonder they think they can do what they want.

Do you think our board have just taken a back seat after lighting the fire at the start? When this is eventually sorted out will our board go for it to try and oust the cabal if they are still in charge.

Claire Whyte should have shown an interest when the SPFL suggested relegating teams without playing out the season.

I don’t see anything in the latest garbage written in the papers.

35 minutes ago, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

It will be a payoff made to both Hearts and Thistle with a 'confidentiality' clause about the amount.

Then 'nothing to see here' sweep sweep.

Pay-off from whom ? The SPFL don’t have the money to give hearts & partick thistle a Pay-off

36 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

Claire Whyte should have shown an interest when the SPFL suggested relegating teams without playing out the season.

I don’t see anything in the latest garbage written in the papers.

Claire Whyte getting involved shows the SFA are in panic mode. The SFA must now plan for the scenario whereby the SPFL cannot continue. 

54 minutes ago, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

It will be a payoff made to both Hearts and Thistle with a 'confidentiality' clause about the amount.

I think this will be the case also. 

Is there anything stopping us putting in another reso for a independent inquiry after this is done? 

1 hour ago, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

Using the clubs own money for any deal needs full transparency,But then again that would be for an ethical board 

14 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Is there anything stopping us putting in another reso for a independent inquiry after this is done? 

Reckon that is dead in the water ,But there’s no stopping anybody going for a vote of no confidence or numerous other asking for an internal investigation into the whole series of fuck ups this year 

31 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Everything that was in our dossier has been proven correct. But 2/3 clubs chose not to vote for a free investigation. How foolish must they feel now. Never mind the financial hit they are about to take.

If Hearts and Thistle win in court then Doncaster will have to fall on his sword but if he is the only one to do so then a vote of no confidence would surely be a shoe in.

My preferred option would be for the members to vote to dissolve their company (the SPFL) and then a form a new company that can be built from the ground up with its own rules and regulations.

37 minutes ago, The hustler said:

Claire Whyte getting involved shows the SFA are in panic mode. The SFA must now plan for the scenario whereby the SPFL cannot continue. 

How would they do that?  If they put sanctions on Hearts and PT then how do they explain it to Uefa after they recommended the season should be played to a finish and they would have the final say. Other clubs in Europe have gone to court and have not been punished by their FA's for doing so   If Uefa get involved would they not do an independent inquiry to resolve the issues. 

1 hour ago, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

If they payoff Hearts and Patrick Thistle then they better also have money to payoff the teams that was prevented due to the pyramid system being stopped and even our club has a decent shout for compensation. I think because of that they might take their chances in court, they’re fucked either way and at least that way there’s a slim chance of getting off. 

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

If they payoff Hearts and a Patrick Thistle then they better also have money to payoff the teams that was prevented due to the pyramid system being stopped and even our club has a decent shout for compensation. I think because of that they might take their chances in court, they’re fucked either way and at least that way there’s a slim chance of getting off. 

Football can start again on Monday so surely no impediment to Brechin, Brora, and Kelty settling that issue before a new season starts.

17 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Everything that was in our dossier has been proven correct. But 2/3 clubs chose not to vote for a free investigation. How foolish must they feel now. Never mind the financial hit they are about to take.

If Hearts and Thistle win in court then Doncaster will have to fall on his sword but if he is the only one to do so then a vote of no confidence would surely be a shoe in.

My preferred option would be for the members to vote to dissolve their company (the SPFL) and then a form a new company that can be built from the ground up with its own rules and regulations.

Would they not merge the SPFL with the SFA to save his job. They have board members on both boards. The SFA could departmentalise and introduce a 'league governance section' to their governance set up. Taking the power away from members. It might not be ethical but when as that ever bothered them.

5 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Would they not merge the SPFL with the SFA to save his job. They have board members on both boards. The SFA could departmentalise  'a league governance section' to their governance set up. It might not be ethical but when as that ever bothered them.

I would imagine that the SFA would prefer to stay away from this shambles. As for ethics they probably think that's a place in the SE of England. 

13 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Football can start again on Monday so surely no impediment to Brechin, Brora, and Kelty settling that issue before a new season starts.

Dundee  could of had a decent shot of getting into the premier league. I’m sure other teams will be looking for a payoff. 

Just now, GersInCanada said:

I would imagine that the SFA would prefer to stay away from this shambles. As for ethics they probably think that's a place in the SE of England. 

I remember reading  this article where Dave Cormack suggested it https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/2215262/all-for-one-and-one-for-all/

At the time I thought it would be an escape hatch from this shambles for the SPFL.

5 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Dundee  could of had a decent shot of getting into the premier league. I’m sure other teams will be looking for a payoff. 

Dundee looking to be in serious trouble

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/club-update-4/

What a shame. That's what you get from believing the mafia and taking their promises at face value.

25 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I would’ve said they’ve had their pay off after the voting sham but looking like they’re in financial trouble now so maybe not 😂

18 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Dundee looking to be in serious trouble

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/club-update-4/

What a shame. That's what you get from believing the mafia and taking their promises at face value.

Still waiting on their money spinning friendlies from big hitters (behind closed doors of course)

Archived