What we are up against. Clancy the cheat.

stfu

I cannot believe this was actually printed in the Evening Times. Proof (not that it was ever needed) of what we are up against this season.

Scottish referees more aware than ever about what is at stake as celtic go for 10 in a row

By Aidan Smith  @SmithAidan1Sports Writer

Scottish referees more aware than ever about what is at stake as celtic go for 10 in a row

16 comments

KEVIN CLANCY has told how Scottish Premiership referees are more aware than ever about what is at stake this season as celtic aim to land 10 in a row.

Neil Lennon’s side are aiming to achieve a record breaking trophy crown, but with their arch rivals across the city going all out to stop that run, next year’s campaign is certain to be fiercely contested.

Clancy along with the rest of Scotland’s top whistlers have been put through their paces just like the players during lockdown.

And he is adamant he and his team will be on top form when the inevitable controversial decisions arise come the start of the campaign.

He said: “I can absolutely guarantee you that the referees officiating in the Scottish Premiership know exactly what is at stake this season.

“We are under no illusion that every decision probably almost in every game is going to be scrutinised to a level that even the media probably haven’t seen for a long, long period of time.

“If you want to take anything away from this, it is that the guys have been training hard, the guys are ready for the season that is about to start.

“We really do know what is at stake for the whole of the division.”

Ahead of the new season Clancy believes a strong relationship between referees and managers is brewing.

Clancy was involved in one of a few spats last term when Rangers coach Michael Beale was dismissed for disputing a late red card for Alfredo Morelos during an Old Firm encounter in December.

Despite the flash point, that Beale later admitted to accusing Clancy of cheating, the ref reckons things are moving in the right direction.

He continued: “I think you are right to say that you will always have the odd incident when things will be said in the heat of the moment.

“Perhaps on reflection people wish they hadn’t said or wouldn’t have said things if they had given themselves a second or two more to think about it.

“They tend to be the odd exception, the compliance officer probably knows better than I what sort of reports she is seeing on a week to week, month to month basis.

“But managers being sent off or those sort of things seem to me to be of a minority and the story kind of died a little bit in the week afterwards when Michael realised that he maybe shouldn’t have said what he said.

“You would have to ask the fourth official [what he said] to be honest. I feel sorry for Nick Walsh because it was my decision resulting in him having a miserable end to the match.”

Clancy kicks off his refereeing season with a Tayside derby at Tannadice Park when newly promoted Dundee United welcome St Johnstone.

The match will of course lack a degree of atmosphere, with matches taking place behind closed doors, but Clancy believes this won’t affect his job too much.

He added: “From a refereeing perspective there shouldn’t be too much difference from the sense that we will still be applying the laws of the game in exactly the same way.

“I would like to hope it won’t change the decision making. You are right though in a big game crowd noise, you know you’re under pressure, you know every decision is being carefully scrutinised.

“It certainly keeps your concentration and your focus up and I suppose maybe a challenge for referees in empty stadiums will just be making sure that because not very much seems to be happening don’t get lulled into some sort of false sense of security.

“We are all human so it would be wrong of me to say that crowd noise isn’t an important aspect of football matches.

“Not having the crowd probably should make things easier because you don’t feel as though every decision is constantly being booed or criticised.

“But I think it will just be important for myself and the rest of the guys even though there’s no crowd there that we are still bringing the same level of performance that we would whether there is a crowd there or not.”

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If only he was so enthusiastic to explain the majority of his decision making for the last game we played them a Parkhead. I have never subscribed to the refereeing corruption agenda, more likely in my head to be them taking the path of least resistance or just plain old incompetence.

That being said, that game gave the most one sided, biased and basically ‘cheating’ performance from a referee I have ever witnessed, blatant doesn’t even begin to describe that sorry performance.
As for their ‘tiar’ year, it shouldn’t even register to a official, each game played should be taken as an individual match regardless of one in a row or ten, his willingness to give an interview in this tone genuinely rings alarm bells for the season ahead...

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Just confirming his readiness to fuck us over given the importance this season to his beloved paedo fc.

Well it’s up to the board to come out swinging the first time we get fucked over. Will they do it though??

The fact it’s even a story shows how corrupt it is. The simple answer for any competent ref would be it doesn’t matter to us what’s at stake we will apply the rules of the game. If the refs already have the mindset mentioned in the story someone should be asking are they suitable to do the job. 

17 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Clancy , Colum and nailed on bheast lover Nicky Walsh  will get ALL the big games that matter this season

Don't be ridiculous. 

They'll be randomly selected every time from the super computer fixture generator.

Could this be enough to say well He doesn’t have the mental strength to be a ref at this level or take on high profile games. this interview tied in with his performance at parkhead and was he not the linesman for the cup final.?

I'm astonished other teams don't see stuff like this and think "they're going to fuck us over too." An SPFL wide vote of no confidence in our referees should swiftly follow this absolutely bizarre admission of complicity in a campaign of biased refereeing.

I feel like I'm on a different planet to the space cadets who witness everything these refs do during celtic matches then stick up for them, or claim this criticism of refs is nothing but conspiracy theories.

9 minutes ago, Jamie1387 said:

The fact it’s even a story shows how corrupt it is. The simple answer for any competent ref would be it doesn’t matter to us what’s at stake we will apply the rules of the game. If the refs already have the mindset mentioned in the story someone should be asking are they suitable to do the job. 

This for me. Why the fuck would they even need a statement about this season 🤦‍♂️

23 minutes ago, Jamie1387 said:

They shouldn't be commenting on what's at stake this season, hell they shouldn't be commenting full stop.  When have you ever seen official's interviewed like this before a season starts. 

Clear narrative being set and we should expect nothing from officials again this season. 

26 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

I honestly hand on heart can not remember the last time Rangers had a contentious decision go in our favour, or even worse go in our favour and against celtic? 

Hamilton in the cup, Goldson's hand ball, press went on about it for a week. Different story with all the shite decisions that go against us, or those favouring the green n grey

2 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Hamilton in the cup, Goldson's hand ball, press went on about it for a week. Different story with all the shite decisions that go against us, or those favouring the green n grey

Exactly media narrative is very clear. Imagine the outcry if we won the league Cup on an offside goal. It would be weeks of coverage. 

Archived