2. 2. Will he play?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

If Morelos leaves we can kiss goodbye to the title 

we will not replace his goal tally with anyone anytime soon. it’s taken us this long to find something close to our last 30 goal striker 10 years ago, my fear is we will burn through a bunch of has beens and “wonder kids” before finding another gem   

i hope I’m wrong  

He has a goal return of 1/2 in the league. That isn't so incredible that we cannot replace that! Think 37year old Defoe has similar stats? 

Not saying we'll find the correct replacement who'll bang in from the word go, but Alfie isn't the only answer. 

My worry is we have seen how Alfie has been treated by Scottish media/spfl/sfa and the general witch hunt that follows the boy around, it's a joke. I think he has to go, as this will be upped 200% this year if we are anywhere near the title and does Alfie has the temperament to handle it?

I’d rather Stewart through the middle if no buffalo but don’t think he’s had enough minutes to suggest Gerrard would.

I can see him playing kent there and putting Velcro nut Barker in.

Complete waste of time man he’s fuckin horrific and guaranteed to be first person subbed.

A wee question

Would any other Rangers player be given such leeway after stating he wanted away from us so often? Either personally or through his agent?

If so, why treat him as a special case?

I personally think if it was any other Rangers player, no matter how important, if they had done the same people would be saying "he can get to fuck then" etc

Almost as if this player seems to be bigger than the club to some.

10 hours ago, MattyBlue said:

He probably shouldn’t play for injury’s sake if he’s away. 

But Gerrard probably will play him IMO saying he’s currently a Rangers player so will play for Rangers 

Look forward to McKenna absolutely cementing Morelos, ending his season & only picking up a booking. 

Ruin Morelos career and our season, and then sign for the filth and win 10IAR. 

Get your money on it. 

9 minutes ago, Number5 said:

He has a goal return of 1/2 in the league. That isn't so incredible that we cannot replace that! Think 37year old Defoe has similar stats? 

Not saying we'll find the correct replacement who'll bang in from the word go, but Alfie isn't the only answer. 

My worry is we have seen how Alfie has been treated by Scottish media/spfl/sfa and the general witch hunt that follows the boy around, it's a joke. I think he has to go, as this will be upped 200% this year if we are anywhere near the title and does Alfie has the temperament to handle it?

I think because Alfredo is one of the few players we've had in recent times with genuine quality, albeit on a European stage,  some fans that have become reliant on him.

Seeing him, as the be all and end all so to speak.

His league stats aren't that impressive, and although he has  himself won us some games (which is generally what strikers do) - he has arguably cost us important games and silverware with his poor finishing or attitude.

I don't trust anyone who doesn't see him as a mixed bag, because that's what he is.

When he's good, he's excellent, when he's bad - he's usually awful.

7 minutes ago, Number5 said:

He has proved his worth in all competitions. I love his temperament and all the best players are a bit bonkers, Gazza, Cantona, Goram et al, it’s what is going to make him a huge asset to any team.  I bet he gives not a fuck about what our media/SPFL/sfa say. 

Alfie isn’t running away from the media etc as the media scrutiny in every country will be the same, Except probably America. 
He will be offered a wage that he can’t refuse, like every single player out there from 15yr old wannabes to the best.  That’s why he’ll go. 

I don’t want to wait another 10yrs to unearth someone of Morelos’s potential- especially this season. 

12 minutes ago, Swally said:

A wee question

Would any other Rangers player be given such leeway after stating he wanted away from us so often? Either personally or through his agent?

If so, why treat him as a special case?

I personally think if it was any other Rangers player, no matter how important, if they had done the same people would be saying "he can get to fuck then" etc

Almost as if this player seems to be bigger than the club to some.

When has he said he wants away? Actually quoted by our rags as “wanting away” You’re getting conned by our media. 

this is the first time he’s actually been quoted as potentially moving even then he’s keeping his powder dry. 
when he first arrived his intention was to move to the EPL  (apparently) he did speak of his dreams to move to the EPL but that’s every players dream no?

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

He has proved his worth in all competitions. I love his temperament and all the best players are a bit bonkers, Gazza, Cantona, Goram et al, it’s what is going to make him a huge asset to any team.  I bet he gives not a fuck about what our media/SPFL/sfa say. 

Alfie isn’t running away from the media etc as the media scrutiny in every country will be the same, Except probably America. 
He will be offered a wage that he can’t refuse, like every single player out there from 15yr old wannabes to the best.  That’s why he’ll go. 

I don’t want to wait another 10yrs to unearth someone of Morelos’s potential- especially this season. 

I'm actually disgusted you lump Morelos in with Gazza and Goram, fuck sake man.  :lol:

He's been stating he wanted away for  a long time, either personally or through his agent - this isn't another poor wee Alfredo moment just going after a huge pay cheque.

He doesn't want to play for us any more - simple as that. If he has to stay it would be one of his least welcome options.

He says he wants to play in a more competitive league, I really wonder how many clubs that would amount to that he'd rather play at than at Rangers?

Obviously play Morelos. If you’re saying no then you’re choosing Barker to lead the line over him.

We all saw what Cousin did in the Old Firm when everyone knew it was his last game.

Hes still our player and only fit striker so has to play 

34 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Folks saying we shouldn’t risk him due to a possible income being in jeopardy if he gets injured are bonkers. 

putting money before league points is fucking bonkers, absolute fucking bonkers. 

Most important league season in a decade and some don't want to play Morelos in case he is in a mood (always is anyway) or stubs a toe. 

No surrender, eh?

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

When has he said he wants away? Actually quoted by our rags as “wanting away” You’re getting conned by our media. 

this is the first time he’s actually been quoted as potentially moving even then he’s keeping his powder dry. 
when he first arrived his intention was to move to the EPL  (apparently) he did speak of his dreams to move to the EPL but that’s every players dream no?

“We are waiting, playing matches here and if the opportunity arises then we will welcome it."

“If they make me choose between the European leagues, I like them all. Now I am waiting because there is nothing concrete."

“But if something was to happen we hope to have the opportunity in a more competitive league.”

Sounds like you're the one being conned mate

It's very unlike a player to come out and say anything about a transfer or playing in another league when he's at another club, they are usually tight-lipped - even if they want away.

There are some exceptions, but there always is to any rule.

I guess this comes down to respecting your current employer.

Alfredo has advertised himself to potential suitors by saying he wants to play in the EPL or whatever. 

If he hadn't said that, you'd have a point.

He has, and he's wanting away. If you don't think he would have jumped at the opportunity to "play in a more competitive league"  earlier, then, like I said, you're the one being conned. 

24 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I agree that he has proved his worth. Gave the young fans an idol. Superb.

I don't agree with him not giving a fuck and not having temperament issues. His form has dropped off the scale in two seasons for various 'media' related spins, whether it be the China move or the red card at Parkhead when he got lambasted by the media for the 'cut'throat' all these things played a massive downturn in his performances. Up this x10 this year!

Glasgow is a goldfish bowl. He'll get far less scrutiny at Lille or wherever.

More importantly I think the 15m allows us not to be so reliant on his goals. IF invested properly we could have 2/3 other options available to us this year.

I honestly don't think we win the title this year with no new recruitment and Morelos staying. I think the best chance is if we recruit well with the 15m.

I will be very surprised if he plays.

The club won't want him to play as injury could jeopardise a sale equivalent to about 1/3rd of last years revenue.

The player won't want to play as it could jeopardise his sale to a better league and higher wages.

Will the manager even want him to play given his head is likely gone and they know they will have a decent sum to reinvest in other players? Doubt it.

3 minutes ago, JC10 said:

I will be very surprised if he plays.

The club won't want him to play as injury could jeopardise a sale equivalent to about 1/3rd of last years revenue.

The player won't want to play as it could jeopardise his sale to a better league and higher wages.

Will the manager even want him to play given his head is likely gone and they know they will have a decent sum to reinvest in other players? Doubt it.

Same

In the end, like I said in another thread, we can speculate and have an opinion but it's Gerrard's call. 

He's the one that can see how the player is and if he feels he is the best player for that position on the day then he'll pick him.

If he picks Morelos and we win the game he deserves the plaudits, if we lose or draw then he deserves all the criticism coming his way.

16 minutes ago, Number5 said:

I agree that he has proved his worth. Gave the young fans an idol. Superb.

I don't agree with him not giving a fuck and not having temperament issues. His form has dropped off the scale in two seasons for various 'media' related spins, whether it be the China move or the red card at Parkhead when he got lambasted by the media for the 'cut'throat' all these things played a massive downturn in his performances. Up this x10 this year!

Glasgow is a goldfish bowl. He'll get far less scrutiny at Lille or wherever.

More importantly I think the 15m allows us not to be so reliant on his goals. IF invested properly we could have 2/3 other options available to us this year.

I honestly don't think we win the title this year with no new recruitment and Morelos staying. I think the best chance is if we recruit well with the 15m.

That again points toward him wanting to leave.

If he wasn't wanting to leave then any interest elsewhere would be met with, "well so what? I'm not interested. So what drills are we doing tomorrow in training?" (but in spanish)

If it's affecting his performance that much he's seriously thinking about it.

41 minutes ago, Swally said:

“We are waiting, playing matches here and if the opportunity arises then we will welcome it."

“If they make me choose between the European leagues, I like them all. Now I am waiting because there is nothing concrete."

“But if something was to happen we hope to have the opportunity in a more competitive league.”

Sounds like you're the one being conned mate

It's very unlike a player to come out and say anything about a transfer or playing in another league when he's at another club, they are usually tight-lipped - even if they want away.

There are some exceptions, but there always is to any rule.

I guess this comes down to respecting your current employer.

Alfredo has advertised himself to potential suitors by saying he wants to play in the EPL or whatever. 

If he hadn't said that, you'd have a point.

He has, and he's wanting away. If you don't think he would have jumped at the opportunity to "play in a more competitive league"  earlier, then, like I said, you're the one being conned. 

Quotes attributed to his recent potential move to Lille. Which I already acknowledged. 
you said he’s always made it clear on several occasions so 
any other quotes to back up your earlier post? 

as I said - too many being taken in by the media 

Archived