375 members have voted

1. 1. Should he play?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will he play?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Quotes attributed to his recent potential move to Lille. Which I already acknowledged. 
you said he’s always made it clear on several occasions so 
any other quotes to back up your earlier post? 

as I said - too many being taken in by the media 

We are never going to agree, I'm not sad enough to trawl the internet to back up everything I say.

I gave you evidences that show he was wanting to leave. It is well known his agent has been vocal during his time with us.

As I said, you're the one being conned if Alfredo saw us as anything other than a stepping stone and wouldn't have jumped at the chance to go to "a more competitive league" earlier.

Let's just agree to disagree, I honestly can't be bothered.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morelos has cost us in the past against Aberdeen, and with this transfer looking likely I think it would be the wrong choice to make by playing him........even if he doesn't move in the end.

His head wont be in the game and why risk potwntial millions coming into the club.

1 minute ago, Camshy said:

Morelos has cost us in the past against Aberdeen, and with this transfer looking likely I think it would be the wrong choice to make by playing him........even if he doesn't move in the end.

His head wont be in the game and why risk potwntial millions coming into the club.

I wonder if he didn't perform and was shite against the sheep it would slightly strengthen Lille's bargaining power to get the player cheaper?

It will be clear to Lille Morelos has quality and it's simply the speculation that is affecting him, so it wont to them affect their decision making, however they could see we have an unhappy player on our hands and are needing the sale to go through for the best of all parties concerned.

Not saying there's anything in this just a thought

59 minutes ago, Number5 said:

I honestly don't think we win the title this year with no new recruitment and Morelos staying. I think the best chance is if we recruit well with the 15m.

This is how I see it. If we could keep morelos and add more quailty great. 

But I get the feeling it's sell before we can buy. The current sqaud isn't strong enough to win the league. We're still 3-4 short.  Morelos money if invested smartly is those 3-4 players to strengthen our hand. 

He will be targeted by the sheep as usual.

Too big a risk for both him and the club and I don't see Gerrard as being a big supporter of him.

If he's going Gerrard will need to change his game plan anyway.

If the transfer is all shite and only the club will know, then play him.

11 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

He's our player. He's our best striker. He's our only fit striker. 

If he's here he plays. No time to fuck about.

I doubt anything phases him to be honest. If he plays he'll be fine.

Dunno where you're getting that idea from

No and no only realistic answers here.

I love him but if I’m honest I don’t think he could be trusted to put in the required shift we’d normally expect from him when it seems he’s wanting to go. His head will be elsewhere. That plus the fact as lots have said,  the risk of injury.

hes wanting away and the club have a value so would be best just to get it done ASAP now.

22 minutes ago, Willis said:

Dunno where you're getting that idea from

My observation of Morelos is that he just wants to score goals and play football.

His face and body language may not always show it but he craves scoring goals. It's all he wants to do and when he doesn't meet his own high standards he gets frustrated. Even when he's scoring and playing well, he can look raging as he's always wanting more.

I don't think the off field distractions affect him half as much as most would think. I don't think the abuse he gets affects him as much as it affects us. I think the language barrier probably helps in that respect. Furthermore, he's had a tough early life. This will be a picnic to him. His sole focus to me is playing football. That's where he's happiest. Case in point he just wanted to play football rather than kneel for Black Lives Matter in our recent friendly.

By and large Morelos has been excellent for us. Like most strikers though he'll go through dry spells. When strikers go through dry spells I think we are all guilty of over analysing and dissecting every aspect of a players life, trying to find reasons/excuses, mostly based on rumour and speculation, when in reality scoring goals and playing well consistently is not easy.

24 minutes ago, soulboy said:

Surely if Lille were really that interested in signing him it would have been done by now. Yes they agreed terms with alfie but obv nowhere near what we want for him. So play him 

Just like most clubs they're wanting the best deal for them not for us.

If they can hang on for a better price they will, going by the fees floating about I doubt he'll be their first choice striker anyway

No to both.

Not because I dislike him or want him gone, I just think he'll be like a man down with his head elsewhere. 

We can't have any passengers against Aberdeen, at Pittodrie. 

The forward position is one Gerrard has constantly neglected since day one of his reign. Hopefully it doesn't bite him in the arse again on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Camshy said:

:rofl:  just Morelos

6 minutes ago, nelsonRFC82 said:

Obviously we can speculate as to whether his head would be on the game or any potential transfer...but fact is, the coaches are seeing him everyday in training and are in a far better place to make that call.

totally agree

if he starts and is shite then on their heads be it

4 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

So who will play up front then

Personally I would consider Arfield or Murphy as a false 9 and try keep the ball on the deck to play through the likes of McKenna using Kent and Hagi a bit tighter.

Unfortunately think it will be Stewart as it’s probably the obvious choice with Defoe being injured.

Only Gerrard know’s if his head is right.

While he’s still our player, We need him pure and simple, I would play him and IF the move is happening, tell him this is your chance to  get your move, give us everything for 90 mins 
then good luck etc

15 minutes ago, ayro said:

Personally I would consider Arfield or Murphy as a false 9 and try keep the ball on the deck to play through the likes of McKenna using Kent and Hagi a bit tighter.

Unfortunately think it will be Stewart as it’s probably the obvious choice with Defoe being injured.

So you would experiment with a brand new system against the sheep, away from home, the first game of the season?

cool 

why not just say you want Morelos to start who is our best option at the moment. 

3 hours ago, Swally said:

“We are waiting, playing matches here and if the opportunity arises then we will welcome it."

“If they make me choose between the European leagues, I like them all. Now I am waiting because there is nothing concrete."

“But if something was to happen we hope to have the opportunity in a more competitive league.”

Sounds like you're the one being conned mate

It's very unlike a player to come out and say anything about a transfer or playing in another league when he's at another club, they are usually tight-lipped - even if they want away.

There are some exceptions, but there always is to any rule.

I guess this comes down to respecting your current employer.

Alfredo has advertised himself to potential suitors by saying he wants to play in the EPL or whatever. 

If he hadn't said that, you'd have a point.

He has, and he's wanting away. If you don't think he would have jumped at the opportunity to "play in a more competitive league"  earlier, then, like I said, you're the one being conned. 

Agreed- short of putting himself on e-bay, he has given every other indication that he wants away

13 hours ago, gogzy said:

As much as it pains me to do, i voted no and no.

If there is real concrete interest, and we are actively trying to sell him, then we simply can not risk him being fucked over by some hammer throwing bastard out to make a name for himself.

That pretty much applies to the whole fucking city in sheep land so probably best to agree wit( your point

4 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Folks saying we shouldn’t risk him due to a possible income being in jeopardy if he gets injured are bonkers. 

putting money before league points is fucking bonkers, absolute fucking bonkers. 

Problem is that if he is likely to leave we could lose him to injury and have no replacement the fee  could bring. That would  potentially cost us more points in the long run 

Archived