Welcome to Rangers Kemar Roofe

graeme_4

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taigs in work this morning keep asking me where we are getting the money from, they are perplexed. 

Very excited about both signings, our squad is now shaping up with so much strength and depth that I believe we won’t have a mid season blip again.

Leeds fans were gutted when Roofe left.

I think Gerrard & Beale are being very smart here and they're doing a very good job for the difficult job they've been given.

Their philosophy seems to be to have lots of positions carrying a goal threat without relying on one player, this is great because it breeds friendly competition, confuses the opposition because they don't know who they're better off marking, and prevents goals drying up due to one player being injured or off form.

In addition, they're getting good players in who are highly flexible and can be used in a variety of positions meaning we have more of a choice where to slot in a weaker player or shuffle the pack to prevent weakness if a first pick is unavailable for whatever reason. Roof can play anywhere up front, so in the scenario of Hagi getting injured and Roofe is playing CF, does Roofe move over to where Hagi was playing with the Itten coming on to play CF? Choice is ours.

Our management team's philosophy seems to be if we can't buy quality for every position we want, then we'll buy flexibility in quality to enable us to direct it where we want it.

1 hour ago, Dave Whelan said:

Taigs in work this morning keep asking me where we are getting the money from, they are perplexed. 

Very excited about both signings, our squad is now shaping up with so much strength and depth that I believe we won’t have a mid season blip again.

Leeds fans were gutted when Roofe left.

Just tell 'em.........EBT's, and watch their reaction

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Be far too soon for that If Morelos is still here, if not we might have to. 

Roofe will need a bit of time I would imagine but itten should be able to start no problem on Sunday, he is well up to speed, apparently he scored 7 goals in July....I would imagine he is nailed on to play on Sunday 

Be far too soon for that If Morelos is still here, if not we might have to. 

Probably to soon for Roofe with lack of game time recently. I think the Swiss league just finished so Itten might be a shout going straight into it if Morelos is off after tomorrow.

Just now, hammer93 said:

Roofe will need a bit of time I would imagine but itten should be able to start no problem on Sunday, he is well up to speed, apparently he scored 7 goals in July....I would imagine he is nailed on to play on Sunday 

Available from the bench as a minimum I'd hope.

Just now, hammer93 said:

Rarely do players start when they join through the week. It's usually a bench appearance in the 2nd half. If Alfredo is still here I'd imagine he'd start but if not then Itten starts. Just how u think it will pan out 

Rarely do players start when they join through the week. It's usually a bench appearance in the 2nd half. If Alfredo is still here I'd imagine he'd start but if not then Itten starts. Just how u think it will pan out 

Possibly m8....fuck knows how much of Alfies transfer is pending....if he is due to fly somewhere next week I'm not convinced we will risk him....Saturday & Thursday we had/have little choice to use Alfie....time will tell, Sunday could be an ideal game to start Itten....try and get him in and start scoring straight away 

8 minutes ago, The Monk said:

Considering match fitness I wouldnt be surprised to see Itten start Sunday if Morelos is either gone or his exit is imminent. Roofe will likely to take a few more weeks and be phased in off the bench.

Think it'll be same team as Aberdeen personally

Archived