Rangers Partnership with Reach PLC

eskbankloyal

2 minutes ago, cruixranger said:

Simple don't buy the programme and let the club know why.

I wonder what percentage of Rangers fans actually go on forums, then I wonder what percentage will just buy it anyway.

Starts to become very difficult to make a point when it's so diluted. 

"Douglas, Douglas, aye sorry to disturb you sir, but it's wee Andy"

DP "Andy?"

"Aye Andy fae Ayrshire"

DP "Ah Andy, what about him?"

"he says he's no buying the programme because of the reach partnership"

DP "oh, whatever are we going to do?" "tell Andy from me, we're going to find another printing company"

"I'll get right on it"

Don't see it's going to have much of an effect tbh 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think what makes it more annoying, we all know the tabloid media has been on it's knee's for quite some time. The Record in particular, so we form a commercial partnership with them. 

I'd rather lose a wee bit of money, than be complicit in keeping these cunts in business. 

It's just another example of why nothing will ever change, we'll always be whipping boys and no-one takes us serious when it comes to it.

I genuinely can't believe the Club has done that 

Literally months after having to defend Alfredo from the racism and unwarranted abuse he receives from the likes of Keith fucking Jackson, we get into bed with his employer 

@Louden_Greg this is utterly unacceptable and you need to feed back the fans views to the Club

16 minutes ago, Swally said:

I wonder what percentage of Rangers fans actually go on forums, then I wonder what percentage will just buy it anyway.

Starts to become very difficult to make a point when it's so diluted. 

"Douglas, Douglas, aye sorry to disturb you sir, but it's wee Andy"

DP "Andy?"

"Aye Andy fae Ayrshire"

DP "Ah Andy, what about him?"

"he says he's no buying the programme because of the reach partnership"

DP "oh, whatever are we going to do?" "tell Andy from me, we're going to find another printing company"

"I'll get right on it"

Don't see it's going to have much of an effect tbh 

Going to seriously piss off one of the clubs biggest shareholders who have been actively pushing a boycott against them. 

6 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Literally months after having to defend Alfredo from the racism and unwarranted abuse he receives from the likes of Keith fucking Jackson, we get into bed with his employer 

@Louden_Greg this is utterly unacceptable and you need to feed back the fans views to the Club

I’m not getting into detail but the club are well aware of the countless hours a number of Bears have put in over the years, overcoming legal challenges, threats and all sorts of other nonsense to expose some of the lies aimed at our club.

The club have just slapped them in the face today for whatever fucking reason. 

Can’t put into words how disgusted I am by this decision 

8 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Club caring about the fans views lol

11 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Surprised if he answers this question. 

Anybody know if it's being discussed on FF? 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Katic's gonna get ye

16 minutes ago

Ever heard of keeping your friends close and enemies closer?

Sitting in a huff saying dont read it achieves nothing

Don Corelone pish :lol:

52 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Rangers have just agreed a partnership with Reach PLC to print & produce the matchday programme. 

Reach PLC of course own the Daily Record & Sunday Mail. 

The same paper that we are constantly told are not welcome at Ibrox.

The same paper that Club 1872 have worked extensively to expose their lies about our club & support.

The same paper we are told are not allowed to attend press conferences but do attend. 

Boak inducing.

Do you think the club should engage with any of the Reach titles, or just not the Record and Mail? Reach also own the Express, Mirror, People and a host of local regional titles up here.

The work C1872 have done in highlighting the shite the Record and Mail have spouted about the fans and the club is exceptional, and I hope they continue to do it. If, however, we're going to have to boycott an entire stable of titles they need to be more vocal about it.

Finally, who are the alternatives up here? News UK (The Sun, never going to happen), Newsquest (Herald and The National, boak)? There's not really many other large scale options tbh.

Screenshot_20200811-180942~2.png

2 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

Do you think the club should engage with any of the Reach titles, or just not the Record and Mail? Reach also own the Express, Mirror, People and a host of local regional titles up here.

The work C1872 have done in highlighting the shite the Record and Mail have spouted about the fans and the club is exceptional, and I hope they continue to do it. If, however, we're going to have to boycott an entire stable of titles they need to be more vocal about it.

Finally, who are the alternatives up here? News UK (The Sun, never going to happen), Newsquest (Herald and The National, boak)? There's not really many other large scale options tbh.

Screenshot_20200811-180942~2.png

I’m not suggesting we boycott all their publications. I’m questioning the need to enter into a commercial agreement with Reach PLC when the matchday programme has been produced without their involvement for decades. 

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I’m not suggesting we boycott all their publications. I’m questioning the need to enter into a commercial agreement with Reach PLC when the matchday programme has been produced without their involvement for decades. 

What's the point of not asking people to boycott their other publications if getting our programmes published (by an entirely separate division to the DR/SM) of such a large company isn't on? It's all money into the Reach PLC pot.

If people buy the DR/SM or their local newspapers its money going into the Scottish based businesses, so subsidising pricks like Jackson's wages. This deal is with Reach sport, who are an entirely separate division from the Scottish publishing arm, but have the same ultimate parent company. Seems, to me, we either need to be all in or all out on cases like this.

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

Rangers have just agreed a partnership with Reach PLC to print & produce the matchday programme. 

Reach PLC of course own the Daily Record & Sunday Mail. 

The same paper that we are constantly told are not welcome at Ibrox.

The same paper that Club 1872 have worked extensively to expose their lies about our club & support.

The same paper we are told are not allowed to attend press conferences but do attend. 

Boak inducing.

That'll be the programme off my shopping list.
Well!!...except for guys who say they have never missed buying a programme.
Actually feel queasy at the thought of giving one bent penny to that bunch of manky fuckin tramps.

Archived