Rangers Partnership with Reach PLC

eskbankloyal

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Wonder what Edgar now has to say about his mate doing deals with the devil?

We’ve been told continually that the DR are not allowed anywhere near Ibrox which is total bollocks. Gavin Berry has been at press conferences and they’ve had reporters at games 

26 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

What's the point of not asking people to boycott their other publications if getting our programmes published (by an entirely separate division to the DR/SM) of such a large company isn't on? It's all money into the Reach PLC pot.

If people buy the DR/SM or their local newspapers its money going into the Scottish based businesses, so subsidising pricks like Jackson's wages. This deal is with Reach sport, who are an entirely separate division from the Scottish publishing arm, but have the same ultimate parent company. Seems, to me, we either need to be all in or all out on cases like this.

Each papers or business unit within Reach is accountable for it’s own P/L and performance ultimately. 

The Managing Editor of Reach & their Group lawyer tried every trick under the book to have the last IPSO complaint thrown out after a DR journo claimed Rangers fans flew banners of a kid being abused. It took hundreds of hours, patience & at times worrying threats from them to succeed. 

That’s before we get into things like Morelos being racially sterotyped by Jackson, articles about Rangers fans putting kids in front of police vans at the cup final and a countless more incidents. 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

@eskbankloyal when you say just agreed do you mean today?

Because there was an option as early as last week to pre order the match day programme from Reach for the St Mirren game.

No it happened a few weeks ago, I only heard about it today 

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

Each papers or business unit within Reach is accountable for it’s own P/L and performance ultimately. 

The Managing Editor of Reach & their Group lawyer tried every trick under the book to have the last IPSO complaint thrown out after a DR journo claimed Rangers fans flew banners of a kid being abused. It took hundreds of hours, patience & at times worrying threats from them to succeed. 

That’s before we get into things like Morelos being racially sterotyped by Jackson, articles about Rangers fans putting kids in front of police vans at the cup final and a countless more incidents. 

I know all that. It's disgusting and an incredible amount of work that went in to win the case. I'd have strongly preferred we didn't go with Reach, however C1872 have never mentioned all the local papers (to my knowledge) they own. Are they or indeed are we, as fans, content to shout about the DR/SM while not telling bears about all their other titles, which will put a lot more into their coffers than out match day programmes? Needs some thought IMO.

3 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Rangers have just agreed a partnership with Reach PLC to print & produce the matchday programme. 

Reach PLC of course own the Daily Record & Sunday Mail. 

The same paper that we are constantly told are not welcome at Ibrox.

The same paper that Club 1872 have worked extensively to expose their lies about our club & support.

The same paper we are told are not allowed to attend press conferences but do attend. 

Boak inducing.

Good old board strikes again . I swear Park is a wrong un

3 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I genuinely can't believe the Club has done that 

Literally months after having to defend Alfredo from the racism and unwarranted abuse he receives from the likes of Keith fucking Jackson, we get into bed with his employer 

@Louden_Greg this is utterly unacceptable and you need to feed back the fans views to the Club

He won't . Count on that

2 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Just the day I was backing our board up on another post then I see this. Feel stupid. Fucking ultimate kick in the fans teeth.

Maybe some bears might cut me some slack in future , as I have said for years , this lot are responsible for the mess the club are in , away from the football .And it can be argued on the park as well . I fucking don't hate them any more than I did last week . SG is just the perfect cover for them

Archived