Forfeit game! Points deduction.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Going on what the SPFL's existing powers are, it looks like its one from the below:

give a warning as to future conduct;

give a reprimand;

impose a fine;

annul the result of an Official Match;

order that an Official Match be replayed;

impose a deduction of points;

award an Official Match (with such deemed score as it thinks appropriate) to a Club;

order the playing of an Official Match or Matches behind closed doors;

order the closure of all or part of a Stadium for such period and for such purposes as it thinks appropriate;

order the playing of an Official Match or Matches at such Stadium as it thinks appropriate;

order the relegation of a Club to a lower Division and make such consequent orders as to promotion as it shall think appropriate;

order that a Club be expelled from the League;

withdraw or withhold the award of a title or award;

order any Club, Official or Player to pay compensation to any Club, Player, person or party;

order any Club, Official or Player to comply with any obligation or direction;

cancel or refuse the League Registration of any Player League Registered or attempted to be League Registered;

order that a Club concerned be debarred from Registering Players for such period as it thinks appropriate;

order that any person, persons or group of persons be prohibited from attending at such Official Match or Matches and for such period as it thinks appropriate;

make such other direction, sanction or disposal, not expressly provided for in these Rules, as it shall think appropriate; and/or make such order as to expenses, including the expenses of the Company and/or, as the case may be, Commission and/or other party, as it thinks appropriate.

So order the match be replayed and their next 2 home games behind closed doors it is. 

24 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Going on what the SPFL's existing powers are, it looks like its one from the below:

give a reprimand;

impose a fine;

award an Official Match (with such deemed score as it thinks appropriate) to a Club;

order the closure of all or part of a Stadium for such period and for such purposes as it thinks appropriate;

order the playing of an Official Match or Matches at such Stadium as it thinks appropriate;

order the relegation of a Club to a lower Division and make such consequent orders as to promotion as it shall think appropriate;

order any Club, Official or Player to pay compensation to any Club, Player, person or party;

cancel or refuse the League Registration of any Player League Registered or attempted to be League Registered;

order that a Club concerned be debarred from Registering Players for such period as it thinks appropriate;

order that any person, persons or group of persons be prohibited from attending at such Official Match or Matches and for such period as it thinks appropriate;

make such other direction, sanction or disposal, not expressly provided for in these Rules, as it shall think appropriate; and/or make such order as to expenses, including the expenses of the Company and/or, as the case may be, Commission and/or other party, as it thinks appropriate.

My guess is they’ll award the game to the scum because they would have won it anyway and  give  them a fine which Bolingoli will pay.

41 minutes ago, The Dude said:

give a reprimand;

impose a fine;

celtic knowingly compromised the integrity of the whole of Scottish football to prevent them having to play with a depleted team, every other club would be looking at expulsion, they’ll be unlucky if they get fined.  

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

celtic knowingly compromised the integrity of the whole of Scottish football to prevent them having to play with a depleted team, every other club would be looking at expulsion, they’ll be unlucky if they get fined.  

Is there anything to back this up because I've not been able to find anything which backs it up beyond folk on forums and Twitter saying celtic knew he was in Spain. If anyone can back it up then please do because it will really put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Without anything to support the claim that celtic knowingly played him after he was in Spain, it just sounds as desperate as celtic fans sharing random pictures of Gerrard and insisting it is a smoking gun that we've breached the rules.

4 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Just my suspicious mind but who on earth leaves Glasgow to go to Spain for 24 hours ? I think that he must been gone for longer and scum are lying.

Especially when they knew that isolation was mandatory on his return.

Finding out how long he was out of the country for is very easy to verify so unlikely the scum are lying about that 

5 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Just my suspicious mind but who on earth leaves Glasgow to go to Spain for 24 hours ? I think that he must been gone for longer and scum are lying.

I've done it a few times to go to football games.

Also gone to Amsterdam for a night just because I was bored and had the cash in the bank to book a flight for the following day to go over, meet an old colleague, get really fucking stoned, then come home again.

Of all the parts of this, the 24 hours bit is the least questionable of them all.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Is there anything to back this up because I've not been able to find anything which backs it up beyond folk on forums and Twitter saying celtic knew he was in Spain. If anyone can back it up then please do because it will really put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Without anything to support the claim that celtic knowingly played him after he was in Spain, it just sounds as desperate as celtic fans sharing random pictures of Gerrard and insisting it is a smoking gun that we've breached the rules.

They didn’t not know, it would be good if one of our intrepid reporters was to find what Bolingoli has to say in the matter. They’re keeping him out of the public view. 

7 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

The picture has him with a suitcase and backpack. I know today’s footballers are all pre-madonnas but for one days travel?

8 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

He’s obviously got some tart or pal over there.

It’s not really a huge shock that a man with disposable income can fuck off to another country for 24 hours tbh mate.

1 minute ago, Number5 said:

Finding out how long he was out of the country for is very easy to verify so unlikely the scum are lying about that 

I cannot say that you are wrong but to me it's makes the scum didn't know scenario easier for many to believe and for them to argue. But as you say relatively easy to check.

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

They didn’t not know, it would be good if one of our intrepid reporters was to find what Bolingoli has to say in the matter. They’re keeping him out of the public view. 

Based on? Simply saying 'they knew' with nothing to support it has absolutely no credibility.

Clubs don't put players up all the time. Livingston are currently refusing to put Lyndon Dykes up for press. Allan McGregor generally refuses to do it. Efe Ambrose is another who simply doesn't do it if he can avoid them.

There's literally nothing which compels celtic to put the player in front of the media - nor for the player to speak to them.

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

The picture has him with a suitcase and backpack. I know today’s footballers are all pre-madonnas but for one days travel?

I've watched players take small suitcases into games with them never mind when they are going away for an overnighter with a wee dirty

1 minute ago, Mr Soprano said:

He’s obviously got some tart or pal over there.

It’s not really a huge shock that a man with disposable income can fuck off to another country for 24 hours tbh mate.

Guy making thousands of pounds a week and he flew ryanair to Malaga. If you go on Thursday you can get a return for £20.

I doubt he'll have struggled to find the cash for that one as he strolls about with a bag costing 100x more than the flight probably did.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Based on? Simply saying 'they knew' with nothing to support it has absolutely no credibility.

Clubs don't put players up all the time. Livingston are currently refusing to put Lyndon Dykes up for press. Allan McGregor generally refuses to do it. Efe Ambrose is another who simply doesn't do it if he can avoid them.

There's literally nothing which compels celtic to put the player in front of the media - nor for the player to speak to them.

Do you think for a second if this was a Rangers player the media wouldn’t of had front page stories with details on when,what, where, how and why. That’s why celtic knew they could lie because no one will find out what should be relatively easy for a journalist  to do so and SPFL/SFA will be looking at damage limitation exercises at most. 

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Do you think for a second if this was a Rangers player the media wouldn’t of had front page stories with details on when,what, where, how and why. That’s why celtic knew they could lie because no one will find out what should be relatively easy for a journalist  to do so and SPFL/SFA will be looking at damage limitation exercises at most. 

Of course, we've all just been sitting back doing nothing and letting celtic cover up something that there's no evidence to support.

See when the argument reverts to "do you think if it was us..." it just gets into the realms of the ridiculous, although if one of our players DID deliberately breach the rules then he'd deserve absolutely everything coming his way.

In what way should it be 'relatively easy' to do? Should we go speak to everyone within driving distance of Malaga in the off chance they happen to know every detail? How do you propose we do it when we can't travel to spain without the need to self-isolate for two weeks upon our return? I seen someone mention checking CCTV the other night which is as comical as it is outrageous.

Surely if they were aiming for damage limitation, they'd just not have bothered coming up with new rules on the hoof to retrospectively punish celtic and Aberdeen. It would have been much easier to say that after speaking with the clubs, the SPFL are confident they committed no wrongdoing and the blame lies with the player? It literally makes no sense to come up with new rules to cite them under if the intent isnt to punish them anyway.

Far too often folk want to delve into tinfoil hat territory. Last month it was the SFA and SPFL had bought off QCs to benefit celtic, now it's the SPFL have created rules to punish celtic as part of a damage limitation exercise.

It’ll be interesting to see what punishment comes out.

Really it doesn’t matter that Aberdeen had 8 players and celtic 1, the actions of either cost games to be postponed. 

Financially really doesn’t hurt them,

Points or transfer bans would, especially if from now. 

25 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Why would I genuinely not be surprised if they ordered the Killie v scum match to be replayed as the scum's "punishment".

£50,000 fine and a harshly worded letter, the tims will still feel hard done by. 

Guilty or not, the SPFL aren't hammering them in this, as they say, 'season of all seasons'. 

Archived