*****Official Rangers V Kilmarnock Match Thread *****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What’s the old saying? You’re only two games away from a crisis at Rangers?

Seems appropriate. Drop any points here and we’re handing them yet another advantage so early on the season and a reminder that our squad will always collapse when it matters.

Must win.

59 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

The worry is Killie actually have a stronger attacking threat also. 

In comparison to Livingston they certainly do, but at least there will be gaps at times that we can exploit. 

Just now, DMax399 said:

In comparison to Livingston they certainly do, but at least there will be gaps at times that we can exploit. 

Was just about to post the same mate, might have gone against us a little that Dykes was out.

If they had any attacking intention at all we might have been able to exploit that

1 hour ago, DMax399 said:

I like that set up.  Leave Jack as the defensive MF (more than enough against teams who sit in) with Barisic and Tav overlapping as required.  Aribo in the centre is his best position with Kent and Hagi running off him.  2 up front is the key for me and I’m sure we would be more effective.  But like you said, what do we know.

Hagi needs dropped.  Fucking slow as fuck and paperweight.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I'm not sure why the majority pick Balogun over Helander.

To me, Helander is extremely underrated.

Wouldn't be a forum without different opinions I suppose.

I don't fet it either. Although I'd play them both and drop Goldson. Helander and Balogun are far superior. 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

I don't fet it either. Although I'd play them both and drop Goldson. Helander and Balogun are far superior. 

We have 4 very good ch's so that argument can go so many different ways.

For me it is Goldson & Helander.

The fact we get so many selections in a match thread is a good sign.

If Katic were fit, many would pick him so that makes five.

McGregor/McLaughlin

Tavernier     Helander    Balogun     Barisic  

Jack

Roofe      Aribo     Kent 

Morelos      Itten

No Goldson, never going to happen.

No two DMs, never going to happen.

Two up top, never going to happen.

Give me the job 😂

56 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I'm not sure why the majority pick Balogun over Helander.

To me, Helander is extremely underrated.

Wouldn't be a forum without different opinions I suppose.

I rate Helander and think he's arguably our best centre half, particularly in Europe or a big game (although we've not really had a chance to see him in an OF apart from the final where he was possibly fucked).

However we missed Balogun yesterday. Helander was often taking 2/3 touches to complete a simple pass from the back. Thing that has impressive me about Balogun is more often than not he passes with his first touch. That might have got the ball moving a bit quicker yesterday.

Plus he might have thought fuck this and gone on a Bougherra-esque run.

The vast majority of that squad and management don’t have the will or urgency to win. That hasn’t changed in 3 years and won’t change now. 

When we start taking digs from outside the box again, Gerrard won’t be here. Constantly feels like the team have the shackles on and its fucking boring

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

We have 4 very good ch's so that argument can go so many different ways.

For me it is Goldson & Helander.

The fact we get so many selections in a match thread is a good sign.

If Katic were fit, many would pick him so that makes five.

Perhaps it's the fact that some folk think Goldson is a bombscare and some feel that it's Helander . Personally, I think Goldson and Balogun are our best pairing, followed by Edmundson. Helander blows hot and cold for me - looked shaky yesterday and just feel there's an accident in there waiting to happen. 

11 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

Perhaps it's the fact that some folk think Goldson is a bombscare and some feel that it's Helander . Personally, I think Goldson and Balogun are our best pairing, followed by Edmundson. Helander blows hot and cold for me - looked shaky yesterday and just feel there's an accident in there waiting to happen. 

Helander is very unorthodox. He has a strange running style but once you get over that, he is extremely effective. We rarely concede when he plays. 

I'm sure someone can find the actual stat but it is good.

If anyone thinks we'll change from the 433 with 2 number tens coming inside and smothering all the space in the middle then they are on fucking glue

Killie will have watched sundays game and spend all week working on how to do what livi do, except they'll have a goal threat 

Unless gerrard and co change it up completely we'll struggle and most likely drop more fucking points 

43 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If anyone thinks we'll change from the 433 with 2 number tens coming inside and smothering all the space in the middle then they are on fucking glue

Killie will have watched sundays game and spend all week working on how to do what livi do, except they'll have a goal threat 

Unless gerrard and co change it up completely we'll struggle and most likely drop more fucking points 

SG admitted over in the France this is exactly the way the team will play this season. 

13 minutes ago, SpiritofBillStruth said:

SG admitted over in the France this is exactly the way the team will play this season. 

SG says a lot tbf, actions speak louder than words and so far his actions sre consistent with making the same mistakes. 

6 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

McGregor/McLaughlin

Tavernier     Helander    Balogun     Barisic  

Jack

Roofe      Aribo     Kent 

Morelos      Itten

No Goldson, never going to happen.

No two DMs, never going to happen.

Two up top, never going to happen.

Give me the job 😂

I don't want Goldson dropped tbh. He's looked solid this season (and in pre-season) 

Dropping him wouldn't really be doing so on merit, it would be doing it because of holding a grudge from all the individual errors from last couple of seasons.

Goldson is the least of our worries in the team atm. 

8 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I don't want Goldson dropped tbh. He's looked solid this season (and in pre-season) 

Dropping him wouldn't really be doing so on merit, it would be doing it because of holding a grudge from all the individual errors from last couple of seasons.

Goldson is the least of our worries in the team atm. 

Makes no sense to drop him.

Archived