*****Official Rangers V Kilmarnock Match Thread *****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy with that performance today it looked like a rerun of last week despite more activity up front  for a while .

Two good goals, good performance as a team & some good all round personal performances Barker for one .

The manager found a way around the shitey tactics of this mob which is welcomed after last weeks dire performance .

Mon The Gers 

The filth got lucky today - a poor clearance arrived at their striker who’s shot squirmed past three players and it somehow went it. Last week the Livi keeper somehow claws Borna’s fk onto the post.

Small margins. Let’s just keep pushing and keep them under pressure.

3 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

If I turned up at work tomorrow with my arse hair gelled over my turnip heid I'd get fucking slaughtered, and rightly so, just because you are a professional footballer doesn't mean you can walk around looking like a complete fucking arse, I'd have failed his medical on the grounds of that hair attempt alone. 

🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

If I turned up at work tomorrow with my arse hair gelled over my turnip heid I'd get fucking slaughtered, and rightly so, just because you are a professional footballer doesn't mean you can walk around looking like a complete fucking arse, I'd have failed his medical on the grounds of that hair attempt alone. 

That’s the thing I don’t get about Barker. When I was playing football if someone had a barnet like that they’d have been getting ripped pretty much constantly until they finally buckled and shaved it.

Is nobody in that team slagging him off about it? Maybe he’s hard as fuck and they’re all scared of him 😂

2 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Are there actually people on here who don't think that Barker is shite? He had a half decent game today, but he's still shite, hopefully I'm apologising in a years time as I did with Barasic but I doubt it, he's pish. 

Still think he is bottom 5 spell championship standard, baffled with his signing and baffled that he plays.

We weren't great. Another comfortable game defensively against another team who weren't trying to win. 

Keeper and chs 6 - nothing to report 

Tav 6- tried to get forward, assist 

Borna 6 - tried to get forward assist 

Jack n Davis 6 - kept the ball  without doing much with it 

Kent n barker 7- tried to make things happen, big improvement second half especially barker 

Roffe 6 - pretty poor, goal upped his score 

Itten 6 - much better second half still wasn't much of a threat

1 minute ago, hooooootchy said:

We weren't great. Another comfortable game defensively against another team who weren't trying to win. 

Kent n barker 7- tried to make things happen, big improvement second half especially barker 

Points 3 - top of league. No goals against. 

6 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I rewatched the 2nd half. The movement of Itten and particularly Roofe was great. If we get that midfielder who can slide rule pass then they will create havoc.

Hagi is supposed to be our Riquelme/Aimar type. Even he has been playing far too deep in recent weeks. Coming way back into his own half to collect ball then just bouncing it back or to side. 

Everything around our forward play us cautious, predictable and far too slow. We have no penetration. Kent the only one showing urgency but even he is finding himself in the wrong part of the pitch at times. 

I don't think we are direct enough, and by that I don't mean long ball. I don't think we are  a good attacking team. 

I don't like this new sub rule. We are bringing so many players on that all our momentum fades away and we end up playing games out in second gear.

I don't think we have scored in the last 15 minutes, have we?

Getting players off injury free after the job is done is important but so is goal difference.

32 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I don't like this new sub rule. We are bringing so many players on that all our momentum fades away and we end up playing games out in second gear.

I don't think we have scored in the last 15 minutes, have we?

Getting players off injury free after the job is done is important but so is goal difference.

Think it’s actually working for us. Game over (usually) after an hour, so get the key players rested. 

6 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Just seen Sportscene from last night.

Listening to that pish made me think we had scraped a lucky 1-0 win with a diabolical performance.

Laughable bullshit from them.

Likewise. We didn't really get any plaudits.

Highlights can give a false impression of performance and tbh in direct comparison to the scum game we did look snails pace and lack invention compared to theirs.

Dundee hivs looked no shrinking violets and got many plaudits, but when you looked at the game overall it was much higher tempo, many shots on target from outside the box and you can see why the scum make their own luck. It looked better entertainment and better quality on show.

As I said it may have been edited to look that way, but I'm not so sure. Yes we sit top, just like before,  but the bottom line is we are not yet the article to take the title and need to step up our game and be more inventive and clinical, otherwise it's different day, same shite since January.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Likewise. We didn't really get any plaudits.

Highlights can give a false impression of performance and tbh in direct comparison to the scum game we did look snails pace and lack invention compared to theirs.

Dundee hivs looked no shrinking violets and got many plaudits, but when you looked at the game overall it was much higher tempo, many shots on target from outside the box and you can see why the scum make their own luck. It looked better entertainment and better quality on show.

As I said it may have been edited to look that way, but I'm not so sure. Yes we sit top, just like before,  but the bottom line is we are not yet the article to take the title and need to step up our game and be more inventive and clinical, otherwise it's different day, same shite since January.

I watched their game to see for myself how they look, they were poor. 

7 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

We'll have to disagree on that one as I seen a much higher tempo game and dundee hivs having a go. From the clips, broonaldo was indeed shite. Just not in it.

Also I noticed as ever, their central defence remains to be their weakness, just as their strength remains mid to front. 

For us we have Barisic, Kent and Hagi for invention, but we are still too predictabke and ponderous imo and lack that physicality, so we build on what we have to be that more slick, if we can or new if we get in new money for Morelos. 

On 23/08/2020 at 10:37, Hadron Collider said:

Points 3 - top of league. No goals against. 

On 23/08/2020 at 10:34, hooooootchy said:

I'd agree with all your score apart from Barker, who I'd score a 6.5. 

It was a good team performance. 

4 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

They were. They seemed to run out of steam then the keeper who had been good goes for the showy off for the cameras save and gives them their chance to score. 

United were certainly more forward minded than the teams we've played recently, but a lot of it was kick and chase and lacked quality. A young inexperienced team though, at least they had a bit of a go.

4 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

We'll have to disagree on that one as I seen a much higher tempo game and dundee hivs having a go. From the clips, broonaldo was indeed shite. Just not in it.

Also I noticed as ever, their central defence remains to be their weakness, just as their strength remains mid to front. 

For us we have Barisic, Kent and Hagi for invention, but we are still too predictabke and ponderous imo and lack that physicality, so we build on what we have to be that more slick, if we can or new if we get in new money for Morelos. 

Disagreement isn’t a bad thing but I seen the full game and they were poor.

Highlights can be slanted the same way YouTube can make a player look world class 😂👍

Archived