*****Official Rangers V Kilmarnock Match Thread *****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, ZZed said:

The same team that played at Livvy and the same result, is what I now expect off of Gerrard

Getting that way for me too, just had a look at the club website & Tav’s giving it ‘we need to be more ruthless’. 

Thought we were to be relentless & ruthless every game ? 

27 minutes ago, bluedart1952 said:

We will be playing twelve men for this game, just seen they have appointed that cheating bastard Clancy for it. 

With Clancy you know it will be a stop-start game to play into their hands. The ball will probably only be in play for like 50 mins :lol:

40 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Getting that way for me too, just had a look at the club website & Tav’s giving it ‘we need to be more ruthless’. 

Just add "ruthlessness" to the list of attributes Captain Tav doesn't have. 

56 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Tav said himself last season that they don't know how to deal with opposition players getting in their faces and it scares them

He wants to be ruthless but he's worried he might get a bruise 

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Tav said himself last season that they don't know how to deal with opposition players getting in their faces and it scares them

Aye. He likes to kneel and give it the clenched fist at the start of each game as well ffs.

10 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I think you’re confusing that with having time and space to play. 

Our team are shitebags, not in the sense that they can’t win a tackle or poof out of 50/50s, but that there’s no bravery in possession in the centre of the park and most are not willing to pull the trigger when we get a chance to have a dig. 

Tav oddly is one of the ones happy to take the ball anywhere, and beat a man. 

8 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Be in for a long afternoon if he sticks with the same formation.

Yes we will be. 4-3-3 works well in Europe and against scum but for the bread and butter domestic games it is not as effective. When facing a 10 man defense we need a different formation..

5 hours ago, Essandoh said:

I’m convinced we’d have won that Livingston game if Aribo was fit.

I really hope he’s back for this.

I think you're right.  However recognising he wasn't going to make it Gerrard should have started Itten alongside Alf to give us different options on the day.

11 hours ago, Essandoh said:

I’m convinced we’d have won that Livingston game if Aribo was fit.

I really hope he’s back for this.

Laudrup said in the papers today that we need to sign a back up player for Aribo. I have to agree. We have no other player capable of running through/ splitting a packed defence with a decisive pass. Sorely mssed him.

Archived