Tavernier 250 games

KBOO72

Seems a bit strange that there hasn't been a thread started already about this, our captain reaching a big milestone, but I suppose that's just a reflection of the mixed feelings about Tav throughout the forum. In days gone by and with previous captains this thread would be pages long and full of thankful wishes and positive posts. 

I guess I'll start by saying congratulations Tav. Great achievement to reach 250 games and as was mentioned on the commentary yesterday his goals and assists stats over those games are fantastic for a right back. Barely misses training session or a game and although he's had his ups amd downs, as every player does, I don't think anyone can argue that he's been a brilliant signing considering the 250k we paid. 

Great to see him get on the scoresheet yesterday to mark the ocassion and in my opinion he's started the season pretty well. Obviously part of a defence yet to concede domestically and still offering goals, assists and a general attacking threat as he has done since he joined, perhaps without hitting the heights of his first season or 2.

I've made my feelings pretty clear in the past about his captaincy but I really hope we see him lifting silverware above his head at the end of the season. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought by his own standards he was pretty poor last season , but seems to be back to his normal self this one . A thorough professional that bombs up and down the park all day , a threat going forward and always makes himself available , I really hope he gets to lift a trophy this year . 

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

300k for him,  brilliant business.  solid professional and does a good job for us.  Best RB in the country and it isn't even close.

if he wasnt our skipper his facts would be raved about.

Still cant forgive him for starting the move for no necks winner against at parkheid seasons ago.

25 minutes ago, wully said:

if he wasnt our skipper his facts would be raved about.

Still cant forgive him for starting the move for no necks winner against at parkheid seasons ago.

I can.  It was a mistake,  they happen.

I look at all the assists he has had, the goals he has scored and the work he has done, and that mistake pales in comparison.

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I can.  It was a mistake,  they happen.

I look at all the assists he has had, the goals he has scored and the work he has done, and that mistake pales in comparison.

We worked so hard in that game mate, Morelos stupidity and Kent's brillance......

22 minutes ago, wully said:

We worked so hard in that game mate, Morelos stupidity and Kent's brillance......

I agree, Tav also worked very hard in that game and his mistake cost us.  It's one of many mistakes made in many games by many players over the years.  The good outweighs the bad in a huge way IMO.

Archived