We look completely at ease in Europe

Born Sinner

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

No conincidence Motherwell and the sheep got knocked out . Scottish football is a laughing stock . And teams defending at home in league games, tells you everything about our game domestically . And they havn't got the ability to raise their game in Europe . At least we are doing much better at dealing with Europe, than the dross served up as football in our league 

The teams in Europe actually try to play football (mostly) not the turgid level of dross we as a nation now find acceptable in our top national league. Given the Hib’s match was a bad day at the office imo, 9 times out of 10 we would have went on to exploit the space afforded to us and to give them their due they at least they had a game plan other than 10 packing out the last third of their half. As for Motherwell and Aberdeen, they got exactly what their style (use that word loosely) of play deserves...

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Brackley said:

Broonaldo booked again last night in Europe. 

Compare his bookings per games played in Europe against his booking record in the SPFL.

Great point, the next time I hear any (paranoia) complaints re the disparity in officiating standards between them and the rest of the league this is an ideal stat to present...

11 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Disagree with that..We have had some shocking refereeing results in Europe. Spartak away, Feynoord away and at home to name a few. It's down to our style of play being much more suited to European football. Not all our bad results in the league are referees.

We have definitely had some bad decisions against us in Europe, Alfredo's onside goal against spartak disallowed and rapids goal at Ibrox that was offside twice FFS :lol:

But unlike in scotland the refs  in Europe don't allow opposition players free reign to boot utter fuck out of us, that's the main difference.

9 hours ago, johanhentze said:

And yet, here we are every week complaining about the brutality that our opposition gets away with.. constant fouling and breaking up the game. Beale is bang on.

Nothing wrong with breaking the game up, wish we were clever enough to do it at times.

11 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

If you could mix Walter Smith league form with Gerrard's European form we would win world cups.

I’m convinced that if the Gerrard haters get their way and he goes we will end up with someone who *might* win the league but will get punted out of Europe regularly.

We have to be careful what we wish for.

Hopefully we win a trophy soon and the pressure will begin to ease.

10 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

We have definitely had some bad decisions against us in Europe, Alfredo's onside goal against spartak disallowed and rapids goal at Ibrox that was offside twice FFS :lol:

But unlike in scotland the refs  in Europe don't allow opposition players free reign to boot utter fuck out of us, that's the main difference.

Massive difference mate .100% spot on

5 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I’m convinced that if the Gerrard haters get their way and he goes we will end up with someone who *might* win the league but will get punted out of Europe regularly.

We have to be careful what we wish for.

Hopefully we win a trophy soon and the pressure will begin to ease.

I was thinking this .We do have to be careful as our board could not trusted to make a right decision ,if we were looking for a new manager 

6 minutes ago, a_staunch_prod said:

Another joke of a thread.

We hardly looked 'completely at ease'. They missed a few sitters and we could easily have been 2-0 down.

Jesus, can you imagine this place if they'd actually took their chances. There'd be 'Gerrard Out' posts all over the front page!

Think you need to stop taking the meds bud .You are making me look like a calm guy 😂

10 minutes ago, a_staunch_prod said:

Another joke of a thread.

We hardly looked 'completely at ease'. They missed a few sitters and we could easily have been 2-0 down.

Jesus, can you imagine this place if they'd actually took their chances. There'd be 'Gerrard Out' posts all over the front page!

You sound gutted😂

Nervous as fuck before Hibs, I’ll be nervous as fuck before Motherwell but watched that last and fully expected the win. 

Obviously the league is the big thing but we are playing a far better quality of team in Europe but seem to cruise it. The SPL is pish yet there’s a good chance we’ll struggle again on Sun 

4 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Nervous as fuck before Hibs, I’ll be nervous as fuck before Motherwell but watched that last and fully expected the win. 

Obviously the league is the big thing but we are playing a far better quality of team in Europe but seem to cruise it. The SPL is pish yet there’s a good chance we’ll struggle again on Sun 

If the game is tight .Then it goes to the refs making the decisions .We know who comes off worst in that scenario 

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Never happen so stop thinking it will.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t know why people want it to happen. In a 4-4-2 it’s a dying tactic and most teams who play 3 at the back tend to still only have one centre forward.

Who said 442?  And I didn't say I think it will happen? 

We need to adjust to teams sitting so defensive or results like Sunday will continue throughout the season 

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t know why people want it to happen. In a 4-4-2 it’s a dying tactic and most teams who play 3 at the back tend to still only have one centre forward.

I don't know but possibly due to the tactic we've stuck by for over 2 years doesn't work 100% domestically. 

partridfe.gif

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

I don't know but possibly due to the tactic we've stuck by for over 2 years doesn't work 100% domestically. 

partridfe.gif

Perhaps but 4-4-2 doesn’t solve our problems either.

There’s a reason why just about every team who play it these days are known for being defensive, counter attacking sides.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Perhaps but 4-4-2 doesn’t solve our problems either.

There’s a reason why just about every team who play it these days are known for being defensive, counter attacking sides.

All of this is just purely fantasy talk anyway. Beale won't change his masterplan.

2 minutes ago, Nelson loyal said:

I don't really care what formation it is, we need 2 strikers on the park against the likes of hibs and the sheep 

Give Beale a tweet explaining why....

Archived