*****The Official Rangers v Galatasaray Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

14 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Feel the high press is the key. If we give there CB and midfielders time on the ball they will open us up. 

Growing more confident as the week goes on here. Can see some extra time drama on the cards. Fkn gutted we can’t be there. 

We defo don't want to give them time on the ball. Given space and time they will rip us apart. In their faces from the kick-off, mark their key players with 2 men and counter attack would be my ta tactics.

We are one of the best counter attacking teams in the competition and have barely conceded this season. Play to those strengths and the game is in the bag imo. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

We defo don't want to give them time on the ball. Given space and time they will rip us apart. In their faces from the kick-off, mark their key players with 2 men and counter attack would be my ta tactics.

We are one of the best counter attacking teams in the competition and have barely conceded this season. Play to those strengths and the game is in the bag imo. 

Although bookies have Rangers favorites for this game, I believe they're counting on disappointing away-game performance of Gala in recent years at European stage. And obviously Rangers are playing strong at home and making a comeback in the European competitions in last years.

As far as I understand, both teams will make strong final moves on their squad depending on result of this game before the transfer window closes.

Having observed both teams in recent weeks, I believe attempts from set pieces will make a lot of difference in this game. Rangers seems to be excelling at this while Gala doesn't even have a dedicated set piece taker yet. Gala also doesn't like to play with the ball as you think they like. They're a team made of strong defenders and swift wing-backs, highly technical attack players and like to finish their attacks as quickly as possible.

While both teams lack # of players and/or quality in central midfield, I believe we'll see a game with a lot of highlights and high xG numbers. While Gala seems to be lacking more players in that position, they quickly adapted offensive/technical players to play there temporarily and so far it gave them a better outcome than what their fans might expect.

I don't think counter attacks will make a lot of problems for Gala as they seemed getting better to defend them properly. I'd suggest Rangers fans to pay extra attention to their CBs, Marcão and Luyindama.

Was talking to a galatasaray fan today, He said he’s worried about Kent and Morelos, He knew about our previous results and tbf he did say Rangers was his Scottish team, but wether we are his Scottish team or not, it felt good to have a bit of credit back in Europe from other teams fans 🇬🇧

1 minute ago, 2nd Flute said:

You've convinced no cunt, ya creepy kid/auld wummin fondling wanker :lol:

How many random Turks that sign up to a forum like this know how to just go about the English Wiki, screenshot'ing & uploading the articles and the like - like a natural :lol: 

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

How many random Turks that sign up to a forum like this know how to just go about the English Wiki, screenshot'ing & uploading the articles and the like - like a natural :lol: 

Random Turks that come from the gallowgate and don't wash themselves 

27 minutes ago, saynotoracism said:

Although bookies have Rangers favorites for this game, I believe they're counting on disappointing away-game performance of Gala in recent years at European stage. And obviously Rangers are playing strong at home and making a comeback in the European competitions in last years.

As far as I understand, both teams will make strong final moves on their squad depending on result of this game before the transfer window closes.

Having observed both teams in recent weeks, I believe attempts from set pieces will make a lot of difference in this game. Rangers seems to be excelling at this while Gala doesn't even have a dedicated set piece taker yet. Gala also doesn't like to play with the ball as you think they like. They're a team made of strong defenders and swift wing-backs, highly technical attack players and like to finish their attacks as quickly as possible.

While both teams lack # of players and/or quality in central midfield, I believe we'll see a game with a lot of highlights and high xG numbers. While Gala seems to be lacking more players in that position, they quickly adapted offensive/technical players to play there temporarily and so far it gave them a better outcome than what their fans might expect.

I don't think counter attacks will make a lot of problems for Gala as they seemed getting better to defend them properly. I'd suggest Rangers fans to pay extra attention to their CBs, Marcão and Luyindama.

Good analysis. You have obviously researched them. 

I would disagree on some points though, our counter attacking will be hard for them to handle if we are in full flow. Much better  teams than Gallatasary have found that out to their detriment. Need I list them?

They certainly aren't the threat they used to be (or they would be in the CL)  and we are on a goal scoring surge recently. Hence we are the bookies favourites. 

The only apparent  advantage they have is that there won't be 50,000 Bears urging us on.

That will not not matter a jot on the day though as as soon as our players walk into Ibrox they are inspired by their surroundings and the all enveloping history of our great club.

51 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Good analysis. You have obviously researched them. 

I would disagree on some points though, our counter attacking will be hard for them to handle if we are in full flow. Much better  teams than Gallatasary have found that out to their detriment. Need I list them?

They certainly aren't the threat they used to be (or they would be in the CL)  and we are on a goal scoring surge recently. Hence we are the bookies favourites. 

The only apparent  advantage they have is that there won't be 50,000 Bears urging us on.

That will not not matter a jot on the day though as as soon as our players walk into Ibrox they are inspired by their surroundings and the all enveloping history of our great club.

I've analysed 2019-2020 Opta reports of EL and derby games of Rangers and seen the highlights. Well done, especially on EL group games! That's why I'm sure of there will be a lot of HQ attempts from both sides.

Gala is certainly missing their glorious days in Europe, but I wouldn't confuse their games with R. Madrid or PSG vs. what they can do in EL. They looked quite confident against RM and PSG at home, but Falcao wasn't available to perform and finish in those games. They've also replaced their slow and aged wing-backs so their CBs perform and look better comparing to last years.

Their current DMC (regista) was used to be an offensive player (trequartista), and their MC (mezzela) was used to be a scoring wing-forward until a month ago. Their coach is much respected in their country and has Alex Ferguson/Arsène Wenger type of vibe, so he's quite creative with talented players. 

Re: quality of leagues; celtic and Rangers would certainly be in title race in Turkey, but I also know some teams from top Turkish lower division that could beat any Premiership teams except Rangers and celtic. Hope I'm not offending anyone with this, scouting is what I do for living — we're watching more players in their lower division than their highest division

They will be genuine Turkish Gala fans. It's never happened with fans signing up when we've played other teams if it was just scum fans but the Turkish fanbases are huge and are known for spamming every single mention of them on the internet. Like on twitter whenever any player is mentioned with being linked with a move away from a club there's a running joke it just gets spammed with "Come to Besiktas" tweets from mental (and kinda sad tbh) Turkish fans. No surprise they are also coming on here. Fans from here do it all the time to other teams when we're linked to their players etc

26 minutes ago, saynotoracism said:

I've analysed 2019-2020 Opta reports of EL and derby games of Rangers and seen the highlights. Well done, especially on EL group games! That's why I'm sure of there will be a lot of HQ attempts from both sides.

Gala is certainly missing their glorious days in Europe, but I wouldn't confuse their games with R. Madrid or PSG vs. what they can do in EL. They looked quite confident against RM and PSG at home, but Falcao wasn't available to perform and finish in those games. They've also replaced their slow and aged wing-backs so their CBs perform and look better comparing to last years.

Their current DMC (regista) was used to be an offensive player (trequartista), and their MC (mezzela) was used to be a scoring wing-forward until a month ago. Their coach is much respected in their country and has Alex Ferguson/Arsène Wenger type of vibe, so he's quite creative with talented players. 

Re: quality of leagues; celtic and Rangers would certainly be in title race in Turkey, but I also know some teams from top Turkish lower division that could beat any Premiership teams except Rangers and celtic. Hope I'm not offending anyone with this, scouting is what I do for living — we're watching more players in their lower division than their highest division

Taking it that you are a scout how would you rate Tavs and Brassic? Also, how would they stop them?

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Taking it that you are a scout how would you rate Tavs and Brassic? Also, how would they stop them?

Tavs is in my top 3 in Rangers. Very good player. He'll have to deal with Turan or Babel -- they're not quick as they used to be but still... Gala's newest RB Omar is also quite good. Not as good as Tavs offensively, but better in defense and team play IMO. 

You meant Barisic? His competition from Croatian national team is playing for a weak team (relegation side) in Turkish league. Gala's top LB is on loan from Leipzig and better than Barisic IMO. But he's likely to miss this clash due to injury. Replacement LBs are OKish. But it's also likely Rangers attacks better from left-side due to lack of offensive press from their AMR (Feghouli)

Archived