Goldson

Malkytfp1

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Brilliant tonight. Yes he has shaky moments but overall he is a brilliant defender.

Goldson in Europe bar Spartak away has always been immense....if he had the same concentration levels domestically then he would be by far our best defender 

Our strongest partnership. If only he can remove his passing lapses. But he's definitely one of those players who's mistakes alot of folk have decided they'll notice more than other players' mistakes.

A couple of rocks tonight.

He's been fucking superb all seaspn bar 1 or 2 moments. Really stepp3d up. 

Im still very wary of his fragility, we saw against hivs, 1 mistake lead to 2 or 3 terrible moments. 

Has all the tools. Just needs to back himself.

I've criticised him last couple of seasons , but this season he's been the commanding CH we've been missing . 

When the pressure was on in the last 5 minutes he seemed to win everything in the air . 

7 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

I agree, but I think Helander's part in his new found form is not to be underestimated. We may well look back on Filip's signing as being pivotal in any success we get. Such a great defender and CG has undoubtedly benefited from his experience imo. 

All the chopping and changing of partners for goldson couldnt have helped him either, i know squad rotation and all that nonsense but not many clubs rotate their centre half pairing as the partnership two guys can form in there is invaluable at times

Balogun is a decent player but right now barring suspensions or injuries goldson and helander must start every game, even if one has a wee off day let them play througu it and trust they'll come good

Archived