***** Official Scum vs Rangers Match Thread *****

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

From the Sun...

It’s understood they were sent home after being involved in PlayStation games with Armstrong — but the pair say they were using different consoles and obeying social-distancing rules.

They’ll now miss crucial club games — with Christie out of next week’s Old Firm derby — after being told by health chiefs to quarantine for 14 days.

But the players have insisted they have not broken rules and their furious clubs want answers over why they’ve been targeted.

A Hoops spokesman said: “Ryan has reiterated his adherence to all protocols while on international duty.

“In light of this, celtic aims to open dialogue with the Scottish Government and other authorities to fully understand the self-isolation procedures for those players who continue to deliver negative test results, as Ryan has.”

They never admit to anything.

He'll get the ok to play imo.

Why would he have went to the same room as Armstrong with another hotel console? The excuses they come out with is kindergarten shite. Unless he his meaning he played him online and in a different room. 
The shite they come out with on a regular basis and our club is getting beat by these bastards on off field issues needs corrected. 

If trace and protect tell you to self isolate for 14 days then you must do so. No exceptions and no appeals. Christie does not know if he has the virus or not as it takes quite a few days for incubation.

Just when you think that your disgust for them could not get any higher they pull shit like this.

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

If trace and protect tell you to self isolate for 14 days then you must do so. No exceptions and no appeals. Christie does not know if he has the virus or not as it takes quite a few days for incubation.

Just when you think that your disgust for them could not get any higher they pull shit like this.

If the SG allow Christie to self isolate for less than 14 days then every single person who is contacted by track and trace in future can surely write to the SG and explain why they cant afford to adhere by the ruling and also get a dispensation. I certainly would. 

38 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

I don't get their argument. Nobody is accusing them of breaking any rules?

They seem to be alleging that they adhered to guidelines on distancing etc, and as such Christie shouldn't be considered as one of those in close contact to a covid +ve person.  

Just tarriers trying to bend rules to suit tbh.

3 minutes ago, Brubear said:

If the SG allow Christie to self isolate for less than 14 days then every single person who is contacted by track and trace in future can surely write to the SG and explain why they cant afford to adhere by the ruling and also get a dispensation. I certainly would. 

If they give him an exemption then it's game over for the rules and regulations, I actually liked Leitch's quote "footballers treated the same as a call centre worker" the way it should be in this case. 

I don't know how I feel about all this tbh. It sets the precedent for the rest of the season, and If one of our players tested negative 10 days out from a big game and had to miss it even with a further negative test pre-match then I'd be pissed. It's only a matter of time before we get a positive test from one of our players. Only thing I am against is cancelling any game through a number of positive tests. 

Surely the whole a scotland squad were in contact with Armstrong. A pal got a call from track and trace and was told to self isolate because they'd been in the same office as somebody who'd tested positive. Tonight's game should be off.

“If you're told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app:

self-isolate for 14 days from the day you were last in contact with the person who tested positive for coronavirus – as it can take up to 14 days for symptoms to appear”

Even that inbred fuckwits can surely understand that. It wasn’t their fault, they as anyone else that’s contacted by Test and Trace probably followed the rules but they can have corona virus due to the level of contact they had with a known corona virus victim. 

12 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Every player involved on Sunday needs to self isolate for 14 days going by the rules. 
The rules must be adhered to and sporting integrity must be adhered to also.

'anybody who came into close proximity to him in the previous 48 hours needs to self-isolate for 14 days'

Pretty sure that's not the rule, if it is it's the first I've heard of it

Btw the test and trace thing is a piss take. One of the people in my team's daughter came in close contact with someone who had covid and her daughter was told she needed to self-isolate. I then told her she would need to self-isolate as well as we work in a hospital, she informed me that NHS inform had told her only her daughter would need to isolate, even though they live in the same house. When I checked in at work they told me that she could in fact go in to work following the usual guidance. Vis-a-vis this game, theres no way the whole team will be isolating and missing it.

10 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

'anybody who came into close proximity to him in the previous 48 hours needs to self-isolate for 14 days'

NHS track and trace need to contact anyone in close contact with someone who has a positive test within the 48 hours before the test.

Surely that means their who team? Surely they are all deemed to have been in close contact with him? 😂👍

They need to send out their youth team or forfeit the game. 👍

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

NHS track and trace need to contact anyone in close contact with someone who has a positive test within the 48 hours before the test.

Surely that means their who team? Surely they are all deemed to have been in close contact with him? 😂👍

Neither of those scenarios are happening

32 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

The terminology is close ‘contact’ and that’s within 2 metres for at least 15 minutes.

Normally the close contact without the symptoms does do the self isolating for the 14 days but not sure about the 48 hours thing.

31 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

They can't play with sore arses.

12 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

The terminology is close ‘contact’ and that’s within 2 metres for at least 15 minutes.

Normally the close contact without the symptoms does do the self isolating for the 14 days but not sure about the 48 hours thing.

Aye it's the 48 hours thing I'm doubting 

Archived