Borna

McEwan's Lager

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Of course we are mate.

There isn't a club in Scotland who isn't.  We can't compete with wages or transfer fees with others.

I think putting a valuation on players early doors is fine.  It's worked well enough for the tarriers,  they have got way more than what players were worth more than once.

We had a habit of underselling out players.

If true that’s a fair whack we knocked back for the buff , obviously we didn’t need to sell 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

If true that’s a fair whack we knocked back for the buff , obviously we didn’t need to sell 

There's a difference between needing to sell a player and being a selling club.

Our financial success depends on us getting into Europe or selling players.

If someone had come in with what we though Buff was worth, he would have been sold.

Like tav, borna is just expected to be brilliant every game, first mistake and a few will slaughter him but I’d rather ppl were slaughtering ppl when they don’t deserve it than when they do, it means we are winning and both fullbacks are playing well, if it’s deserved then he’s obviously having a duff spell, or is it a Duffy spell now😂 couldn’t resist, 🤦🏻‍♂️can’t believe that big cart horse gave away a penalty when they were on to a result, pity Lille let their own waste of money hit it

we’ve had serial losers through the years at ch but that Irish fucktard looks every bit as bad as yer rob keirnan’s of this world, they are paying him a fortune aswell 😂 stupid fenian bastards! But he’s got a wolf tones cd so all is forgiven 

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

Can we not just keep a player and enjoy what he brings on the pitch sometimes instead of constantly wondering what they’ll go for , it’s a real problem amongst the support imo 

The club has been running at a loss for years.  Someone will be sold it’s just a matter of time. That’s got nothing to do with the support it’s just the reality of the situation.

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

You’re a breath of fresh air. FFS! 

The problem with massive clubs playing in small leagues is they can’t sustain themselves unless they regularly compete in Europe and have a buy to sell policy.  We’re no exception.  The domestic prize money in Scotland is a joke.  

3 hours ago, the goal machine said:

Amazing what that free kick at St Mirren did for him. Was gutted when it appeared initially it wasn't going to work out especially after he impressed against us for Osijek. But after that, he's been superb.

Said last night but he's the best crosser I've seen at the club since McCann and there's a good argument he's better. Love him.

See a lot of the players are now 'crossers' and I don't think I am too comfortable with it but we are where we are.

Some player is Borna, it's the way he can just shift the ball onto his left peg and whip it in, unreal quality in his delivery.

1 hour ago, Getstiffed said:

Hagi struggles because in his head he's 3 steps ahead of everyone else and just hasn't realised it yet imo

I don’t buy in to this TBH.  I watched that game last night and there was a 5-10min period during that second half when he was constantly giving the ball away and needed hooked.  I like Hagi and think he’s got massive potential but he’s maybe showing a bit of inconsistency which is to be expected from such a young creative player.  The lack of crowds will be a massive help to him because a lot of our fans would be on his back at times.

I’d like to see Kent and Hagi rotated more.  Maybe with Aribo back and Roofe coming back to full fitness that’ll start happening more.

4 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Borna is class and class stands out.

We need to keep him for next seasons CL

I'm actually surprised we kept him I thought he was one player we would find it hard to hold on to.

Archived