Xbox Series X

CR3

Buzzing for the new Fable. I suspect its alot further along than we are being led to believe. Keeping my fingers crossed for next Christmas or soon after. 

After the shit show of the Halo launch I hope they stick with the approach they took for forza horizon 5. Stay quiet until its fully baked, then boom new trailer and our games out in 4 months. 

On an unrelated note, Microsoft rewards are decent. I've only been doing it for 3 weeks or so and I've already earned £10 for the Microsoft store. Spend less than 5 minutes doing the dailies, but it's also got me checking out and trying some games I normally wouldnt even look at it. Great incentive. 

32 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Has all the issues on that cyberpunk game been fixed yet?  Deciding whether to buy it or no.

After all I heard, I won't buy it, this game was not ready to be released.

Got myself a 4K screen, whole new set up for that kind of game, a bit gutted how it went to be honest.

13 minutes ago, NI said:

After all I heard, I won't buy it, this game was not ready to be released.

Got myself a 4K screen, whole new set up for that kind of game, a bit gutted how it went to be honest.

Aye I bought one last year after I got the Xbox aswell.  

On 17/11/2021 at 10:11, Iakona said:

Buzzing for the new Fable. I suspect its alot further along than we are being led to believe. Keeping my fingers crossed for next Christmas or soon after. 

After the shit show of the Halo launch I hope they stick with the approach they took for forza horizon 5. Stay quiet until its fully baked, then boom new trailer and our games out in 4 months. 

On an unrelated note, Microsoft rewards are decent. I've only been doing it for 3 weeks or so and I've already earned £10 for the Microsoft store. Spend less than 5 minutes doing the dailies, but it's also got me checking out and trying some games I normally wouldnt even look at it. Great incentive. 

I was practically funding my gamepass subscription through the MS rewards at one point, which you can also do on their website on the PC to make it go even further. Just got to avoid spunking the points on sweepstakes that you're extremely unlikely to win and spend them on a voucher or a month of gamepass instead.

On 18/11/2021 at 19:25, GOAT said:

Has all the issues on that cyberpunk game been fixed yet?  Deciding whether to buy it or no.

I am impatiently waiting for the next gen version to be released. I played the first couple of missions on the Nomad lifeline, which is running as the XBOX ONE series X version. The gameworld looks stunning on this version so obviously/hopefully be even better with the Series X version. The major issues surrounding game stability and framerate drops seem to have been dealt with along with a zillion bugs and quality of life issues, however there are still many more issues to be dealt with before this game can be considered anywhere finished. For example, it would be nice to be able to use the Metro system to get around.

So I would wait at least until the next gen version is ready, which frankly is when they (CDPR) should have released the game, not the half baked version that was only anywhere near playable on the PC.

7 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

does the series s need to have an internet connection at all times to be able to play games even if youve downloaded them?

found a wee game called lost city it reminds me of shadow of memories, its like groundhog day but in a roman town

Forgotten City?  (I think it's on Game Pass)

For most one player games I think you can play offline.

10 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

Forgotten City?  (I think it's on Game Pass)

For most one player games I think you can play offline.

cheers, aye its forgotten city 

im not a fan boy or want to start an argument but im very disappointed with it compared to the PS5 its very cluttered and overall the PS5 has better games but it has forza so thats something

On 24/11/2021 at 11:07, Jakes Pal said:

I am impatiently waiting for the next gen version to be released. I played the first couple of missions on the Nomad lifeline, which is running as the XBOX ONE series X version. The gameworld looks stunning on this version so obviously/hopefully be even better with the Series X version. The major issues surrounding game stability and framerate drops seem to have been dealt with along with a zillion bugs and quality of life issues, however there are still many more issues to be dealt with before this game can be considered anywhere finished. For example, it would be nice to be able to use the Metro system to get around.

So I would wait at least until the next gen version is ready, which frankly is when they (CDPR) should have released the game, not the half baked version that was only anywhere near playable on the PC.

Apparently according to gaming bible on Facebook they’ve released a new update and it’s fixed most things and the games running well now.  According to that page anyway, is that true?

EFB53782-CBBD-4D94-A186-AB01BD08CCDE.jpeg

12 hours ago, GOAT said:

Apparently according to gaming bible on Facebook they’ve released a new update and it’s fixed most things and the games running well now.  According to that page anyway, is that true?

EFB53782-CBBD-4D94-A186-AB01BD08CCDE.jpeg

As I said above as far as I am aware, according to what I have read (plenty btw) the game is now worth playing on next gen consoles, many reviews, even in the games broken state were overwhelming positive as the scope, ambition and potential of this title were there to see. I would defo buy this game, however as I said, having waited so long, might as well wait until the Series X/PS5 versions are released so as to enjoy the game to its full potential. By that time we should see further improvements with bugs, QOL issues and perhaps even some proper DLC which has been promised from day one. You might even be able to pick it up a bit cheaper as by the time the next gen version is released, the game will have been out for well over a year and already making its was to the "special offers" section.

43 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

As I said above as far as I am aware, according to what I have read (plenty btw) the game is now worth playing on next gen consoles, many reviews, even in the games broken state were overwhelming positive as the scope, ambition and potential of this title were there to see. I would defo buy this game, however as I said, having waited so long, might as well wait until the Series X/PS5 versions are released so as to enjoy the game to its full potential. By that time we should see further improvements with bugs, QOL issues and perhaps even some proper DLC which has been promised from day one. You might even be able to pick it up a bit cheaper as by the time the next gen version is released, the game will have been out for well over a year and already making its was to the "special offers" section.

Wait until the current gen update releases early next year. 

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, maverick1200 said:

I think owning an xbox this console cycle is clever. I've got a feeling they could smash Sony.

Game pass is unreal and now Microsoft has acquired Activision and Bethesda, game pass is only going to get better. 

It could be good for a generation, but if they smash Sony it'll be a disaster for everyone. They'll absolutely ramp up the price of GamePass if they're the only option.

6 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

It could be good for a generation, but if they smash Sony it'll be a disaster for everyone. They'll absolutely ramp up the price of GamePass if they're the only option.

Possibly. I think their aim is to become the Netflix of gaming. It'll be interesting what they do with the Ip's. 

Sony are still one of the top 3 publishers so they'll not disappear. I wonder if game pass will ever be on a Sony console? 

5 hours ago, maverick1200 said:

Possibly. I think their aim is to become the Netflix of gaming. It'll be interesting what they do with the Ip's. 

I wonder if game pass will ever be on a Sony console? 

I think that's the ultimate aim for Microsoft. They will happily share their games with other platforms.. But they must embrace games pass. 

Though it's expected Sony will announce a competitor in the form of a revamped and tier structured PlayStation Plus membership. I can't see Sony giving away their exclusives for "free" on day one though. 

It's why console sales will only tell half the story this gen. Microsoft aren't overly arsed if Sony sell more units as Games pass is ultimately where they see the value.. And with the addition of their cloud services people will soon be able to play xbox games on their toasters... Thus the need and demand for new hardware begins to decrease. 

Cloud gaming is still a pipe dream for me though. Living in the sticks makes it virtually impossible. 

3 hours ago, Iakona said:

I think that's the ultimate aim for Microsoft. They will happily share their games with other platforms.. But they must embrace games pass. 

Though it's expected Sony will announce a competitor in the form of a revamped and tier structured PlayStation Plus membership. I can't see Sony giving away their exclusives for "free" on day one though. 

It's why console sales will only tell half the story this gen. Microsoft aren't overly arsed if Sony sell more units as Games pass is ultimately where they see the value.. And with the addition of their cloud services people will soon be able to play xbox games on their toasters... Thus the need and demand for new hardware begins to decrease. 

Cloud gaming is still a pipe dream for me though. Living in the sticks makes it virtually impossible. 

Yeah, I totally agree.

Last week cloud gaming was a pipe dream for me too as I live in rural Yorkshire. I could only get satellite internet before. But Openreach have just installed fibre to premises so just I've order gigabit internet. Even better news is with BT I've just got 12 months of game pass free. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

13 hours ago, CR3 said:

Can see the £10.99 up at 14.99 in about a year no bother. Might be a good time to stack some cheaper 3-6 month cdkeys codes before the hike:hmmm:

Mate I got 3 years for about 68 quid. Doesn't matter what Ms charge retail for their will always be loopholes and resellers etc before we talk about holidays to South America etc

15 hours ago, Iakona said:

It's never been about console sales over a generation though, they all make money on every game sold for their systems and that's were they make their real money.

Consoles have been sold at break even or at a small loss before as they know they'll make it back on software.

As someone who works away with barely any internet I could definitely do with the less cloud gaming, the amount of games you need a connection online for even though you've bought it is infuriating. Soon be playing emulators half the time. :lol: