How Enjoyable We Are to Watch...

Clemdog

21 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

The difference is that Advocaat had millions to spend when a new player was needed.

Our midfield was assembled for thirty bob, 1000 nectar points and a provvie cheque (one for the older bears😉)

No praise is too high.

Our front three also includes a player we signed for a fee greater than any other player in our history - bar one.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

It is a positive but it can also throw players out their rythym too. Especially with keepers, although we've never had any sustained pressure where it could potentially be a problem.

It can throw you off your rhythm but we’ve done it enough so far to show that it’s not disturbing our play, that’s why I think it might actually be helping us now - players striving to stay in the 11

Apart from a couple of draws where we really should have won the team have been great since pre season, but even so I can’t remember being so nervous before every league game at this time of the season.

Every match feels huge no matter the opposition and I don’t begin to relax until we go 3 up. Going by some of the comments I’m not alone.

1 minute ago, Real Ranger said:

Apart from a couple of draws where we really should have won the team have been great since pre season, but even so I can’t remember being so nervous before every league game at this time of the season.

Every match feels huge no matter the opposition and I don’t begin to relax until we go 3 up. Going by some of the comments I’m not alone.

I actually don’t feel as nervous at all, think I’d be nervous if we didn’t get a first half goal as we seem to be getting early goals which settles us. Even the last 20 mins vs killie away it just felt different, believed in the players that they’d see it out 

Just now, TamCoopz said:

I actually don’t feel as nervous at all, think I’d be nervous if we didn’t get a first half goal as we seem to be getting early goals which settles us. Even the last 20 mins vs killie away it just felt different, believed in the players that they’d see it out 

I was bricking it near the end of the Kilmarnock game, possibly because we’ve had so much disappointment in recent years.

Also if we’ve not scored in the first 15 minutes the nerves only increase.

Shouldn't be the case going on how well the team are playing.

Just now, Real Ranger said:

I was bricking it near the end of the Kilmarnock game, possibly because we’ve had so much disappointment in recent years.

Also if we’ve not scored in the first 15 minutes the nerves only increase.

Shouldn't be the case going on how well the team are playing.

That’s what I’m saying though mate, usually I would be nervous as fuck due to how bad we’ve been there in recent years but just felt different 

2 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Best football at Rangers since Dick Advocaat - and long may it continue.

Thats the era i keep comparing now to. The Hamilton game i heard a comment somewhere that the gaffer said at halftime treat the game like its nil nil. Thats something I'm sure was a trait o the wee generals time 

1 hour ago, SIRB_72 said:

Extremely enjoyable.

Playing with one holder has made such a difference. How do you keep tabs on any combination of Aribo, Arfield, Hagi, Kent, Morelos, Roofe, Morelos, Defoe & Itten? That's before you take into consideration Tav and Barisic bombing up and down the wings.

The movement of our front 5 today was superb. I'd love to see the heat map for Arfield and Aribo because they were everywhere today. Makes such a difference from the whole Jack and Kamara fiasco at Livi.

I feel like we're starting to become a team who can win anyway. You want to play and open game? We'll beat you. You want to sit in deep? We'll beat you. Play 4 at the back? we'll beat you. Play 5 at the back? We'll beat you.

This has been helped no end by the upgrades we've made in the summer. We needed more creativity so we signed Hagi. We needed more goals, we signed Roofe and Itten. It's worked a treat for us.

We are no longer one dimensional....

We are not just playing keep ball, passing the opposition into submission and walking the ball into the net.

We are bursting forward in all directions at pace.

We are driving thro’ the centre.

We are bombing down the wings.

We are shooting.

We are scoring for fun.

We aren’t conceding goals.

We are winning.

We are a joy to watch.

We are top of the league 

We are Rangers, super Rangers....

Last season for me was the epitome of ‘It's the hope that kills you’ I was genuinely gutted at what happened post winter break but there had often been a feeling of fragility even when we were winning 

This season the hope is back with a bang, but there’s a substance and strength to our performances and also to Gerrard that’s making me really really optimistic. 

2 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Best football at Rangers since Dick Advocaat - and long may it continue.

The wee triangles that Jardine,  Russell and McLean used to play were a joy to watch,  but we seem to be doing it all over the park just now, really good to watch, only slight criticism is we are guilty of over playing the ball on the edge of the box,  more shots from outside the box like Kent's goal please

Btw OP loving the positivity whilst still being sensible in not making outlandish claims that it's job done in the league.

Been saying for weeks its not wrong to acknowledge how good we have been, and we have, it doesn't mean we're overly confident or cocky about it all. 👍

13 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

This season the hope is back with a bang, but there’s a substance and strength to our performances and also to Gerrard that’s making me really really optimistic. 

We are collapsing after Christmas and Gerrards getting sacked dontcha know? Heard it on Clyde SSB

Ended up being a wee bit annoyed we didn’t annihilate them in the last 20 mins today but I’ll take an hour of brilliant football and 3 or 4 goals every week. Thinking about it, the dip towards the end was due to us conserving energy and resting players which could be crucial this season.

Archived