*****The Official Rangers v Standard Liege Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

Man, we have the making of a great team. A team that doesnt have to be on their game like previous, but get results like this. Dont want to get ahead of myself, but feel we are on to something special.

Really turned a corner or on a good run. Not 100% sure, probably too pessimistic to truly believe.

3 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

Man, we have the making of a great team. A team that doesnt have to be on their game like previous, but get results like this. Dont want to get ahead of myself, but feel we are on to something special.

To be honest.. Standard played some very good direct attacking football.. they had definitely done their homework. Quality, however, tends to shine through.

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I wouldnt go too weak.

Makes no sense to throw away a potential 1m payout, our undefeated run and coefficient points.

We are narrowly ahead of Ukraine in the standings, a win in Poland could be the difference for us getting automatically into the CL group stages rather than having two qualifiers instead.

No fucking way should we do anything but play our strongest team. I want to top the group.

20 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

Looking at the groups I think the following are all through to the next round: 

Hoffenheim, Red Star Belgrade, Dinamo Zagreb, Royal Antwerp, Tottenham (probably), Villareal, Lille, AC Milan, Leicester City, Braga, Napoli, Granada, PSV Eindhoven, Benfica, Slavia Prague, Bayer Leverkusen, Arsenal, Roma

A few big name Champions League teams in danger of falling down into the Europa League, with Ajax, Real Madrid and Man Utd all possible

So next week in Poznan would be well worth winning to avoid a few of the big names, plus I think financially topping the group brings in a bit of extra cash??

If fans were allowed in i’d want Real Madrid.

Would love to see them at Ibrox.

Iam buzzin tonight, i just loved the way we won that game, so different from recently. To be 1 down, come back, then 2-1 down and come back to equalise, then win it was excellent.

I'm not going to lie at 1 nil I thought right this is a real acid test now for the team.

But they came through with flying colours 😉👍💙

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Vs Poznan

McLaughlin 

Tav Goldson Helander Bassey

Zungu Jack Aribo

Hagi Morelos Itten

Vs Dundee United

McGregor 

Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic

Davis Kamara Arfield

Roofe Defoe Kent

I would go with something like that, more than enough to win both games imo mate.

What you think?

Defoe and Davis wouldn’t be starting for me at Tannadice.

should be Jack, Arfield Aribo like we did at Killie.

Morelos should be playing too.

4 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Strongest team every single league game, any game in Europe now is a bonus.

I was a bit taken aback that Gerrard was quite so up front about that approach in the post match comments - made me love the man even more!!

Will clearly rest players in the Europa Cup to focus on the league. 

Priorities clearly in place!!

11 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Brian Laudrup has us as outsiders to win the tournament. <3 

Love the optimism and see us perhaps just as likely to reach the final as we did in 2008. However, it reminds me of when Pele would give his World Cup winners predictions. Nigeria and Senegal were good, but just didn't deliver. 😁

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Morelos has struggled recently whilst Defoe has played well. With Defoe not able to play in Poland, I would play Morelos there and Defoe against a weak DU side.

Jack aint fit enough to play Thursday and Sunday. Same arguably with Aribo right now.

Aribo needs games and as for Jack, he has no problems playing midweek weekend for Scotland.

The only way Morelos gets back to his best is by playing games.

should play Sunday, Thursday, Sunday.

Defoe should only start at Ibrox.

9 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

I was a bit taken aback that Gerrard was quite so up front about that approach in the post match comments - made me love the man even more!!

Will clearly rest players in the Europa Cup to focus on the league. 

Priorities clearly in place!!

Never knew that mate, good to hear

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Not true with Jack.

In the last two International breaks he played Thursday, was on the bench both Sundays and then played on the Wednesday night. Effectively played a game, then one 6 days later both times.

In October Scotland played 3 games in 6 days and he started two and came on as a late sub in one.

He’s 28 year old ffs.

Archived