*****The Official Rangers v Standard Liege Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Fancy us for another 2-0 win.....think we can go on and win this group with back to back wins in our last 2 games tbh which would be fantastic.

I actually thought Poznan were tougher than Liege so important to do this this week. I am not as confident as others on here that we can get a result in Poland if the pressure is on. 

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

BT Sport 3, kick off at 8. Win and we’re through, can also progress with a draw as long as Benfica don’t lose.

If Jack and Aribo aren’t fit same team as last week.

That’s the Liege facing injury crisis stories just being released now.  

9 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We need to be looking to win the group and get easier tie on next round 

Winning the group doesn’t guarantee an easier tie.  It’s just luck of the draw in all honesty.  

4 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

If both us and Benfica win on Thursday (and both should) then the other 2 are out.

In that case it's a meaningless fixture for the Poles.

mostly meaningless but there's still £515,000 up for grabs. Defo not a ton but could buy 10 Kamara's for that amount :pipe:

33 minutes ago, TMB said:

Winning the group doesn’t guarantee an easier tie.  It’s just luck of the draw in all honesty.  

It’s not really, we’ll avoid group winners and seeded champions league drop outs, that extra round could be important for the co efficient as well with Ukraine so close behind us. 

Tell you what, I'm all over the place at the moment - trying not to get ahead of myself and take it one game at a time, but every game which comes round the corner feels huge. Thursday is no exception.

I don't think it'll be easy, they had a few chances at their place and played some neat stuff, we'll need to be right at it to secure our place in the last 32. 

McGregor

Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic

Kamara Davis Arfield

Roofe Morelos Kent

45 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Tell you what, I'm all over the place at the moment - trying not to get ahead of myself and take it one game at a time, but every game which comes round the corner feels huge. Thursday is no exception.

I don't think it'll be easy, they had a few chances at their place and played some neat stuff, we'll need to be right at it to secure our place in the last 32. 

McGregor

Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic

Kamara Davis Arfield

Roofe Morelos Kent

I am the same as you.......

3 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

It’s not really, we’ll avoid group winners and seeded champions league drop outs, that extra round could be important for the co efficient as well with Ukraine so close behind us. 

If we won the group last season we'd have played Leverkusen. 

Archived