Rangers Women

Clemdog

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Andrea Goram there Keeping it at 3-1.

1 hour ago, Kents_Hook said:

needless to say we're still in the dressing room, fuck me the amount of mistakes from us and the defending has been a shambles.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Yeah, game of two halves.

1 hour ago, GabrielTomato said:

Checked out after the third went in.

Shame I would have enjoyed giving them a proper doing.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Yaaas.

When reading this I expected to see the score was 4-3 us. :lol:

First half we were streets ahead of them. Their GK really is shit, looks about 5 foot and should never have beaten for the goals but take nothing away from Ross and Vance. Second half the "opposition" played much better and we sat back when I wanted us to hammer them 😂 7 points ahead of our nearest challengers, 17 points ahead of the tims, undefeated in the league and champions. Well done ladies, it's been some season 

14 hours ago, Inigo said:

Quality of the women's game up here is coming on leaps and bounds.

The quality is getting better, but apart from us, them, Glasgow City, and maybe Hibs, the rest of the league is really poor. However, with the game growing, it will hopefully change.

I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea, or interest, but those that I know who have given the women's game the chance have been impressed and started following the teams. I know my 7 year old daughter is more interested in the women's team as she can relate to girls playing. I have taken her to games, bought her strips and scarves, money which I probably wouldn't have spent if it wasn't for the women's team.

Anyway, undefeated through a league season is impressive, and is a great achievement.

3 hours ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

after fri night arbroath  v   i c t can the mens game be any worse

Exactly this. People knock the standard of womens football but some of the mens games are as bad, the one you mentioned being a prime example. The womens FA cup final yesterday was a great game, then you have class European teams like Barcelona, Lyon etc. The Scottish game has a lot it needs improved on, but the women have done us proud. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/05/2022 at 19:07, Madina said:

Exactly this. People knock the standard of womens football but some of the mens games are as bad, the one you mentioned being a prime example. The womens FA cup final yesterday was a great game, then you have class European teams like Barcelona, Lyon etc. The Scottish game has a lot it needs improved on, but the women have done us proud. 

Yees really need goalkeepers who’s arms don’t shrink when they dive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am a bit surprised that Reilly has left, and really surprised Westrup has left, but I suppose we'll probably see a high turnover of player while the league grows.

Could be a good sign of upping standards even further, even though undefeated in the league, we were still put out of 2 domestic cup competitions.