151 members have voted

1. 1. Who will finish winners and hero's

• Rangers and Steven Gerrard
    • celtic and Neil Lennon the fat tramp

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

@BridgeIsBlue has his finger hovering over his Gerrard out thread.

Next couple of weeks going to be huge.

Rent free. 

As for the poll, there's only one team in Glasgow that have proved time and time again (apart from once in 11) they can get over the line, and it ain't us.

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Rent free. 

As for the poll, there's only one team in Glasgow that have proved time and time again (apart from once in 11) they can get over the line, and it ain't us.

So do you want Gerrard sacked immediately then?

You were adamant a couple of months back that he should be sacked if we didn't win the league cup even if we had a lead in the league.

I reckon by the end of January we will know.

Saturday is important to bounce back, but the tarrier game after new year is huge.

Few tough away games in January also afterwards which could be telling considering that’s when we’ve been known to fuck it up in the past few seasons.

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

So do you want Gerrard sacked immediately then?

You were adamant a couple of months back that he should be sacked if we didn't win the league cup even if we had a lead in the league.

The LC was paramount to this team shedding the serial losers tag and we've fucked it once again. 

Hopefully we dust ourselves off quickly and get back to winning ways, if we go through another collapse like we did not long after losing the final last season its only going to end in tears again. 

Selik are rank rotten the now but that won't last forever, and it's highly unlikely that we won't hit a dip either, lose to them at Ibrox and they're right back in it. 

Watching that team on Wednesday night was very reminiscent of the side from January until the season was binned, very alarming imo. 

People saying #55 is all that matters this campaign need to have a word with themselves and remember the club they support. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The LC was paramount to this team shedding the serial losers tag and we've fucked it once again. 

Hopefully we dust ourselves off quickly and get back to winning ways, if we go through another collapse like we did not long after losing the final last season its only going to end in tears again. 

Selik are rank rotten the now but that won't last forever, and it's highly unlikely that we won't hit a dip either, lose to them at Ibrox and they're right back in it. 

Watching that team on Wednesday night was very reminiscent of the side from January until the season was binned, very alarming imo. 

People saying #55 is all that matters this campaign need to have a word with themselves and remember the club they support. 

I agree with all of this.

But are you standing by your statement that he should be sacked if we don't win the league cup, even if we're ahead in the league?

Or can that one be put to bed now and we're all in for the rest of the season?

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I agree with all of this.

But are you standing by your statement that he should be sacked if we don't win the league cup, even if we're ahead in the league?

Or can that one be put to bed now and we're all in for the rest of the season?

Realistically we're only 7 points ahead of them and if we lose on the 2nd they're right back in it. 

If they win 10IAR we can definitely look back to not winning the LC as where the end began. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Won't get a better chance to win a trophy, fucking maddening. 

Pretty sure a lot of SG's team talks are about, "Imagine how that will feel, imagine if we did that."

However shit the League Cup is, it's still a trophy. He's missed a huge opportunity to have a marker like that in the team's mindset. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Realistically we're only 7 points ahead of them and if we lose on the 2nd they're right back in it. 

If they win 10IAR we can definitely look back to not winning the LC as where the end began. 

Again I agree with what you're saying here, but I'll take the silence on whether you still think he should be sacked immediately if we didn't win the league cup as a resounding no!

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

On the flipside.. if we go on to win the league, then nobody will give 2 fucks about what happened in the league cup.

3 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Again I agree with what you're saying here, but I'll take the silence on whether you still think he should be sacked immediately if we didn't win the league cup as a resounding no!

We didn't win the LC and collapsed after it, let's hope it doesn't happen again. 

Really don’t know.

The gap we have just now is too big to let slip but I’ve seen us throw away a similar one under McCoist.

If we can get through the festive period unbeaten I’ll be confident, but it only takes us a few bad results to completely collapse. 

Motherwell game will be a big test of character,  never won the next game after a cup exit under Gerrard.

Now the dust has settled is it more a case of us being the bottlers rather than our team. We’ve lost one game in almost 30 albeit a cup game and we are ready to give up the league because we have a team of losers. I too use this place sometimes to let of steam and it seems to work, there’s always someone in here that has a level head on them to placify the situation but with the passing of time I think we can agree that we are still in a good place. 

15 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I'm for reacting in the right way to defeat. We get up dust ourselves down and carry on one game at a until we succeed. We are still undefeated in the league and Europe:rangers:

Ah, a wee bit of common sense after the doom and gloom in our FIRST defeat in 27 games.

Although disappointed on Wed night, I never went into the taig like ravings I read on here, some of which were infantile to say the least.

No, our world is definitely not going to fall apart, better Rangers teams have exited the League Cup, dusted themselves down and got on with it.

Plus, I do not answer stupid questions.

Tarriers had their blips the majority of time they went into Europe. Regrouped and went on a run of winning games domestically. We we’re always going to have a blip, from now to 2nd Jan will tell us all we need to know about this side IMO. 

Can’t believe bears downplaying the LC calling it shite. We’d of been celebrating it for days if we won it this season.

I like everyone else are desperate for a trophy again but if we weren't doing well in Europe we would be chasing celtic for much longer.

Whoever wins the league this year are being set up for a massive head start for dominating the beginning of this new decade with the CL group stage cash.

Archived