Hagi

Clemdog

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hagi did make a difference, along with the other subs, but it was made for him. It was all about attack and he had no defensive duties or the need for mixing it with the opposition. Not knocking the guy, just saying the situation played to his strengths so credit to Gerrard for deploying him at the right time.

4 hours ago, RockwellGers said:

I think Aribo made a difference as well. He was trying runs, trying little through balls to split the defence at a time when we were passing it around the outside of their parked bus. As Gerrard said in his interview, the subs turned it around. 

If I had one criticism of Gerrard it would be his lack of using the subs. He seems too stubborn to put them on when it's blatantly obvious that a change is required. He's still learning his trade though.

1 hour ago, My Fathers Scarf said:

If I had one criticism of Gerrard it would be his lack of using the subs. He seems too stubborn to put them on when it's blatantly obvious that a change is required. He's still learning his trade though.

Theres merit in that criticism.

Vast improvement from Wednesday night. He got the subs and their timings correct yesterday. Still feel on Wednesday not making the Barisic/ Bassey switch at half time was criminal. Change needed half time yesterday was thankfully made.

54 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Theres merit in that criticism.

Vast improvement from Wednesday night. He got the subs and their timings correct yesterday. Still feel on Wednesday not making the Barisic/ Bassey switch at half time was criminal. Change needed half time yesterday was thankfully made.

Yes, as I said, he's learning. What a place to serve an apprenticeship. Not many jobs come with the pressure of being a Rangers manager.

14 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

If I had to pick a player who is most likely to play a genius pass it would be Hagi.

If I had to pick a player most like to misplace a 6 yard pass it would be Hagi.

Frustrating player.

The most accurate description of him I've seen. 

Great talent but by fuck he's frustrating. 

Thought he did okay. 

Struggling to see where we play him yo utilise the skills he has?

I know we're going to have to probably drop Kent as he's struggling but Hagi as a replacement doesn't work for me. Kent makes a opposition manager at least having to double up leaving pockets. Hagi has zero pace so that threat isn't there.

Yesterday was better but need far more from him.

18 hours ago, dee9 said:

He's had a thought couple of months Hagi but he certainly made a bit of a difference when he came on. 

Hopefully he gets a confidence boost with this and kicks on as there is no question the lad has ability. 

I thought he had been playing well for us but after he received criticism playing for Romania he seemed to have lost his confidence when he returned.

Looked more like his old self yesterday and as you say he made a difference when he came on.

3 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

I thought he had been playing well for us but after he received criticism playing for Romania he seemed to have lost his confidence when he returned.

Looked more like his old self yesterday and as you say he made a difference when he came on.

Romanian press have been saying he needs to drop the "Hagi" from the back of his shirt because he's nowhere near as good as his dad. For a young lad with that expectation and criticism, it must be hard. Hopefully he can use it to push on and prove his doubters wrong.

I don't get why people give him a hard time he is not a player that will be involved for a full 90minutes he is very much a player that can unlock a defence with a moment of brilliance.   The lads got amazing talent and i for one think he is a fantastic asset to have. 

He was ok in this game because SG knew that there was no chance of the counter attack. The amount of times he misplaced a pass or loses the ball is unbelievable. Motherwell had no interest in the counter so Hagi was a decent value risk/reward.

There's games where he's going to be of value but he's not a starter for 75% of games.

Archived