*****Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

2 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

They’ve been struggling for goals lately I think 

Our defence will have to be switched on at all times ofcourse , but I get the feeling this game is going to be more about them trying to stop us scoring more than anything.

They seem to think it’s inevitable that’s how McInnes will go about it

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, kirkiebear said:

Our defence will have to be switched on at all times ofcourse , but I get the feeling this game is going to be more about them trying to stop us scoring more than anything.

They seem to think it’s inevitable that’s how McInnes will go about it

Early goal would suit us, we know we’re defensively sound and if they’re struggling to score then it’d be happy days 

As they have no crowd they will park the bus. They have better players than the usual park the bus teams so will be a hard game. Stay solid against the odd corner or free kick they get and we will grind them down.  They are pish and won't play football.

Gerrard seems to be chopping and changes his CH's based on the oppositions forwards. Hedges gave us a wee bit of trouble last time and I noticed Cosgrove is in and about the first team again.

I would lean Helander but it really is a toss up with Balogun.

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Gerrard seems to be chopping and changes his CH's based on the oppositions forwards. Hedges gave us a wee bit of trouble last time and I noticed Cosgrove is in and about the first team again.

I would lean Helander but it really is a toss up with Balogun.

If I remember correctly from the 4-0 game Hedges main strength is his speed. If that is the case then perhaps Balogun is a better pick than Helander. 

37 minutes ago, Brubear said:

If I remember correctly from the 4-0 game Hedges main strength is his speed. If that is the case then perhaps Balogun is a better pick than Helander. 

Balogun is faster than Helander but the perception that Helander is slow is not true. He just runs funny.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Balogun is faster than Helander but the conception that Helander is slow is not true. He just runs funny.

My take on them is there is not much difference when play is in front of them and if we are organised then that is how it should he 99% of the time. I just have more confidence in Balogun getting back to make a last gasp challenge should they get in behind us. Mixture of slightly quicker, slightly braver and slightly better at timing the tackle. Agree with you either can, and do, perform well for us. 

4 hours ago, real boydie9 said:

I was confident going into the game against the taigs. But I'm really nervous about this one. Think we'll still win but it'll be tough. 1-0 and I'll be a very happy Boyd 😊 🔴🔵🇬🇧

Better teams than this have lost immediately after a win against the tramps, so a bit of nervousness isn’t unreasonable.

Padded out the cushion a bit last weekend.

Should be ok as long as the players don’t think that last week means ‘job done’, or they didn’t take too much out of themselves turning it around.

13 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Better teams than this have lost immediately after a win against the tramps, so a bit of nervousness isn’t unreasonable.

Padded out the cushion a bit last weekend.

Should be ok as long as the players don’t think that last week means ‘job done’, or they didn’t take too much out of themselves turning it around.

Hope so mate. Don't care how we win or how many by just want three points on the board 🔴🔵🇬🇧 

In far worse seasons than this we've dropped points up there and went on to win leagues.. I doubt we will but even if we did its just that, dropped points. The frenzy will come both internally from those who scream our bottle is crashing, and the tarrier msm who would say exactly the same.

Hard game, confident, but as I actually said before the tarriers game lets try to keep it real and objective no matter what.

😂 aye right.

Just now, real boydie9 said:

Hope so mate. Don't care how we win or how many by just want three points on the board 🔴🔵🇬🇧 

Yup - we’d love a bit of silky football but with all the noise around COVID & stalling the season, ticking games off with 3 points in the bag is all that matters for now.

#Relentlessloyal!

15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

In far worse seasons than this we've dropped points up there and went on to win leagues.. I doubt we will but even if we did its just that, dropped points. The frenzy will come both internally from those who scream our bottle is crashing, and the tarrier msm who would say exactly the same.

Hard game, confident, but as I actually said before the tarriers game lets try to keep it real and objective no matter what.

😂 aye right.

They’ll have put more into last weekend than met the eye, so an adverse result might not be totally unexpected - we’re asking them to keep up their levels a lot & to be fair, they’ve largely done that.

Time to worry might be if we have a blip at the weekend & follow it up with another one fairly soon afterwards.

And, as always, if it turns out we don’t collect 3 points on Sunday, it’ll be the manner of how that happened that indicates whether we have much to worry about or not.

30 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Yup - we’d love a bit of silky football but with all the noise around COVID & stalling the season, ticking games off with 3 points in the bag is all that matters for now.

#Relentlessloyal!

Mind we played there a couple of seasons back and we were phenomenal in the first half, went 2-0 up and they got it back to 2-2. Would take a shite 1-0 right now 

1 minute ago, TamCoopz said:

Mind we played there a couple of seasons back and we were phenomenal in the first half, went 2-0 up and they got it back to 2-2. Would take a shite 1-0 right now 

December 4th 2019.

Was when things started to go tits up last season.

We lost to the tramps LCF the following weekend, iirc.

And yes, shite 1-0 would be fine!

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

December 4th 2019.

Was when things started to go tits up last season.

We lost to the tramps LCF the following weekend, iirc.

And yes, shite 1-0 would be fine!

Aye tramps was the 8th so you’re right! As many have said about Walters saying, it’s the result after the old firm that is huge. We win this then I’ll have zero doubts about this league, if we keep a clean sheet in doing so then we’re breaking records galore this year 

Archived