*****Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Definitely not the easier of games, yet the way they’re talking in media you’d think it was a guaranteed 12 points 

Defo not, Hibs and Aberdeen have already taken points from them this season and Livi scored a couple at the piggery in September.

46 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

I cant believe I'm saying this but a win puts us 22 points ahead. 

Yep they will have 4 games but they need to win them. 

It’s at a stage now where their results basically mean nothing to us as long as we keep winning games 

All we can do is concentrate on our own form take it one game at a time.

every game is massive but the facts are the tims games are even bigger with more pressure cause they cant afford any slip ups.

glorious position.  Lets rattle these sheepshaggers on sunday. 

🔴🔵

41 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Definitely not the easier of games, yet the way they’re talking in media you’d think it was a guaranteed 12 points 

Yeah there is an arrogance that the points are already won. Going to be another meltdown if they don't. 

We just need to do what we've been doing. Win another 3 points and then focus on the next game. 

4 hours ago, BlueAvenger said:

Expecting a tough game against a physical side who will be fired up for it. Our midfield concern me. Anyway just fuckin win. 

Yes, injuries don't help actually, and Lewis Ferguson is an asset for Aberdeen's midfield. It will be a nice battle in MF.

It’s likely that Aberdeen are going to set up very defensively with 3 giant CBs and Cosgrove up front. If they’re going to be pumping long balls up to Cosgrove and focussing their efforts on stealing a goal from a set piece then I’d be inclined to opt for Balogun over Helander. I reckon he will be able to cope with the physical battle better.  Saying that, he can also be a bit more rash so we may end up conceding more stupid fouls around the box with him in the team.

Hagi needs to start and Kent can come on later to add a bit more energy. 

2 hours ago, ShanksRFC said:

Looking at Google I think its Livi (A) and St Mirren, Aberdeen and Hibs at home.

Expect them to win these. Hibs at home and Livi away probably best chance for them to slip. Dropping points to Hibs first game back from Dubai would be hilarious. 

3 hours ago, Albertzz said:

All we can do is concentrate on our own form take it one game at a time.

every game is massive but the facts are the tims games are even bigger with more pressure cause they cant afford any slip ups.

glorious position.  Lets rattle these sheepshaggers on sunday. 

🔴🔵

You bet.Look what happened to us last few years .Being under that kind of pressure 

Souness was spot on .I’m sure he said ,we get ahead in the title race and that’s key to staying there .The pressure in the team points behind is always much worse than the team points ahead 

And we are miles ahead .

Archived