C*ltc

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

After everything he achieved with us and his disastrous dealings with the tupee situation you would think he would try and not be controversial 

Whittaker wanted out when Walter Smith left.  I think a team from Turkey wanted him but McCoist denied him the move and ended up giving him a new bumper contract.  Never understood it at the time because Whittaker was absolute shite.  It came as no surprise that he left as soon as he got the chance.  

If a player wants to leave they should be out the door as soon as possible IMO.  Look at the state celtic are in with a number of players apparently wanting out.  That must be absolutely toxic.  

4 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

There’s absolutely no way Clarke will take the job on before the Euros are done....which obviously means not this season.  They either stick with what they have just now (my preference) or press the panic button. 

celtic would probably offer him a lot more money than he gets coaching Scotland.  Scotland will do fuck all at the Euros anyway so why stick around for that?  I think if celtic offered him the job he’d take it in a heartbeat.  

8 minutes ago, TMB said:

celtic would probably offer him a lot more money than he gets coaching Scotland.  Scotland will do fuck all at the Euros anyway so why stick around for that?  I think if celtic offered him the job he’d take it in a heartbeat.  

Beat Czechs already, Croatia have never beaten them, every chance they finish second. 

Asking why he would stick around to manage his country to a national tournament is just daft. 

3 hours ago, One Jock Wallace said:

I'm not so sure mate. I read an interview in The Times in which Dalglish was praising him for adapting to the less talented pool of players he had at his disposal with Kilmarnock & now Scotland. Basically said he much prefers the free flowing attacking style but shows how good a manager he is. Dalglish brought Clarke as a coach into Liverpool & credits him with improving Carragher, Suarez & Gerrard. 

Didn't mourinho praise him to fuck when he was a coach at chelsea? 

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Beat Czechs already, Croatia have never beaten them, every chance they finish second. 

Asking why he would stick around to manage his country to a national tournament is just daft. 

Scotland are there to make up the numbers.  The team will achieve fuck all at a major tournament.

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You can finish 3rd in your group in the Euros and get out.

Clarke wouldn’t take the celtic job anyway.

12 hours ago, AGC123 said:

So Ajer and Moi are back in Scotland but have been confirmed as having received a 10day isolation notice that lasts until Sunday coming needless to say celtic are appealing the decision

Will be interesting to hear what jason leitch has to say on treating footballers the same as call centre staff.
Aint holding my breath.

The fenian press are using words like “clarity”, “confirmation”, “doubt” etc as if this was a grey area.

The rules state self isolation for ten days.

There is absolutely nothing in the rules about exemptions for scum players.

This has been explained to them in the past.

There is no “doubt”, it is a black and white matter.

They need to get their rag mouthpieces to stop looking for loopholes that don’t exist especially when there are people who, for example, can’t attend funerals of loved ones. A million times more deserving of exemptions or flexibility.

That club is indeed a special case but for very different reasons.

38 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

The fenian press are using words like “clarity”, “confirmation”, “doubt” etc as if this was a grey area.

The rules state self isolation for ten days.

There is absolutely nothing in the rules about exemptions for scum players.

This has been explained to them in the past.

There is no “doubt”, it is a black and white matter.

They need to get their rag mouthpieces to stop looking for loopholes that don’t exist especially when there are people who, for example, can’t attend funerals of loved ones. A million times more deserving of exemptions or flexibility.

That club is indeed a special case but for very different reasons.

As usual they think they are above the rules.

That comes from years of the SPFL giving them what they want. 

10 day isolation no exemptions. If that means players missing games so be it. This was the same club who's manager came out and said games should be played no matter what. 

Archived