Connor Goldson

graeme_4

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. 
Doing all the things you want your CH to do, especially the communicating.  
Wouldn’t surprise me if he is on a few clubs radar for next season.  
Like the majority of our players now it’ll take a hefty offer for any movement. 

Has thrived this Season. 

We probably didn't give him enough credit for not playing for so long due to his heart scare. 

But something has changed this Season, be it no crowds or just settling in finally. 

He's been magnificent. 

34 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Can’t believe the turn around in him. Love the guy. Pivotal part of the Gerrard era. 

Not sure there was a turn around, he's been a mainstay in the central defence for ages, was those around him that maybe didn't make him look that good ?

29 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Has thrived this Season. 

We probably didn't give him enough credit for not playing for so long due to his heart scare. 

But something has changed this Season, be it no crowds or just settling in finally. 

He's been magnificent. 

We were almost untouchable until Helander's injury at the end of December last season. We leaked goals and struggled afterwards when we surrounded Goldson with the likes of Flanagan, Polster and Edmundson. 

It's mental that Helander and Balogun still haven't lost a Scottish League match between them. Helander especially, has a league record of 21 games played, won 18, drew 3, lost 0. Goldson has played a huge part in that. Our defence has looked unbreakable whenever Goldson has had a strong defensive partner beside him.

There have been a number of players certain sections of our support would have shipped out way before this season.

We could easily have been without Tav, Borna, Goldson, and Alfie to name a few. Each of them have had it tight at one or more stages of their career with us.

I’m sure there is a lesson here somewhere, but I’m too happy at the moment to connect the dots 😀

See every time I see a post outside a match thread about a player, I get the fear it's gonna be a positive Corona virus test 

He has been tremendous. Initially I thought his aerial ability was poor but he has dominated this year. His goals ratio is there too. Can't imagine our backline without him now. For a guy to play 10 games a season to playing 40/50 is a huge jump too.

If there is one game that sums up his ability this season for me was Galatasaray at home.

Just came on to say what the poster above said...

We have had Katic, Helander & Balogun threads but it's been a long time since Goldson got his own thread. As great a season as he has had, I still don't think he receives nearly enough credit from our fan base.

He has been nothing short of outstanding this season.

OP should be banned for racism as the video won't work in my country 😂

Still makes the odd mistake but the difference is that the team as a whole are actually working that much better now that mistakes are covered as they should be. 

A solid foundation is the basis of any league winning team and we definitely have that this year.

Archived