When we lost our 10

Junior Soprano

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Maybe not all wrapped up, but it took us top and I think it was our 7th win in a row or something. It looked like we were going to really kick in at the crucial time.

One of the best OF games I’d ever been too .I was on the track giving the scum large GIFUY .It felt like the title had swung our way .We just didn’t account for Willie Young the following week giving the sheep everything to undo the 2-0 going on 4-0 win we had just earned against the scum 

11 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

Just when you think you cannot hate the terrorists more. The only fighting they do is in a boardroom or car park. This year is for Jimmy, our friends and family that sadly never seen 55.

I was running a 10K that day. It was a charity one for a fireman called Dick Wedlock (great name). It was round Pollok Park and finished with a lap around the football park. As I reached the pitch, I was running on fumes. This big fuck off German fireman who had been on my shoulder all race decided he was going to take me going round the pitch. Pride kicked in and out of nowhere I found another gear and smoked the big Kraut bastard. Anyway, I digress :sarcasm:. After it everyone was invited back to the big station in Cowcaddens for some food and drink. We got there about 4.30pm and there was a radio on playing the commentary on their game. There were three groups us and them who were either gutted or celebrating and those who had travelled in from England and Europe who didn't give a fuck and were bemused and amused at the display of emotions going on around them.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

They destroyed Bayern 4-0 in Munich in the semi final. Going out and getting hit for 5 or 6 in a final would have been absolutely shite. If we did people would be saying the opposite that Smith was wrong not to go with the tactics that got us to the final.

They also beat Leverkusen 4-1 away iirc.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

They destroyed Bayern 4-0 in Munich in the semi final. Going out and getting hit for 5 or 6 in a final would have been absolutely shite. If we did people would be saying the opposite that Smith was wrong not to go with the tactics that got us to the final.

The only questionable thing about the final was not starting Novo as he was immense against Dundee United the weekend before.

Saying that Whittaker didn’t let us down in midfield during the Euro run.

4 hours ago, Blacky Bear said:

Actually cant remember the day we lost it, must have been pished.

Do remember being at Piggery when losing to Hearts in SCF and clapping our team off who gave me best years off my life.

Dignified decent Protestant people, not like the unwashed who are in real mealtdown. 

Despicable Scum

Despite the defeat being down to two bad refereeing decisions we applauded  Hearts when they did a lap of honour.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

One of the best OF games I’d ever been too .I was on the track giving the scum large GIFUY .It felt like the title had swung our way .We just didn’t account for Willie Young the following week giving the sheep everything to undo the 2-0 going on 4-0 win we had just earned against the scum 

We were reliant on getting tapes sent, but I think my Dad's pal had been in the UK that weekend so we got to see that one only a few days after rather than the normal 2 weeks in the post. Remember the game very well, as I said like yesterday. I used to watch it on repeat because the goals were crackers.

Edit: Remember the same tape having the Scottish Cup Semi Final from a few days prior on it too. It was a big shock what happened at the end, that was my first season of not winning the league and I just thought we won it every year :lol: 

15 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

Those bastards rubbed our noses in it. I’ll never forget or forgive. I want 50k loyalists sashing it up come may

I was only a young boy when it all happened and thought my Dad was always exaggerating when he told me that the tim mates I knew and all the tims we had in the street, and all about will make it known what they really feel.

I say really feel because all of them said to my face they don't really care about football and its a joke we celebrate league wins at all, mates Da's the lot said these things constantly! I thought fair enough my da was just a tad extreme about things...then suddenly they know they had won and stopped our ten, same Da's laughing in my face on buses, in streets, in shops as a young boy and jumping about like they all had won the lottery. I thought to myself every mental thing my Da said was true to the word he said about them. I hope every single Rangers fan at all age groups male and female, or anybody that says they are whatever has the biggest party known to man when we stop their 10. Long message, but had to get it off my chest lol!

I was 9 when we lost the 10. I don't remember a lot of the season clearly but I remember just feeling gutted. As bad as it was it was followed up with one of our greatest moments next year. Clinching the title at the chamber of horrors 

When we clinch 55 it's going to be one hell of a celebration. The way things are looking we'll have some amount time to celebrate it. 

I'd love if we could do it at their dump again. 

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I’d rather have died fighting than surrendering before it began. We were never at any point in that game. 

29 minutes ago, foghorn leghorn said:

As a previous ST holder for 26 years, I think I have the audacity to voice my opinion, which is - ask Walter why he left??????

Was sacked mate , half way through the season but agreed to carryon till the end , that’s just came to light the last couple of years 

21 hours ago, MorelosRangers said:

I want to celebrate as much as any Bear and get it right up those dirty scum bastards.

My fear is if eg 100,000 bears enter Glasgow that there will be trouble from a small number. Whether that be tearing up irish pubs etc. Not that I would mind. 

I dont want the occasional overshadowed by a few idiots. 

Why would anybody even think of something like this? 

Are you embarrassed by the actions of our supporters in general? 

Archived