Hibs Tv

scottyc06

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Aye he really was trying to encourage somebody to go out and chop Morelos up.

Fuck me.

Was Morelos threatening to, or telling people to go and slash throats after being sent off at Parkhead, or Kent threatening to shoot people of course not, but if punishment is acceptable for one then things like this should be dealt with fairly and with parity. It was an outrageous statement to make anywhere never mind an official club channel...

43 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

I don’t think what he said was funny neither do I think it it should be considered a crime. The context and intend was a dark joke.

Look at it for what it was, a fanny trying to be humorous. A machete attack on Morelos is about as statistically likely today as it was this time last week, I think anyone saying otherwise is at best being daft and at worst being blatantly disingenuous.

I don’t think it’s something that should require governmental/police/SFA/SPFL attention. Too many people actively seek to get upset about something and cling to Scottish hate speech legislation like a wee handbag to swing about at people who upset them.

The guys a fanny and should be treated as such but he shouldn’t lose his job or be arrested. hibs Tv are going to say hibs Tv things and if people find the content upsetting then change the channel.

I hear what you’re saying and we all know what it was but a person with Rangers connections doing the same in his position would right now be getting sacrificed by your local councillors and politicians, all the anti-sectarian/ racist mob, the media pundits, the actual bigots like call it out, fuck the pope would even be saying something about it and the police would already be instructed by the justice minister. It’s about parity.

20 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Aye he really was trying to encourage somebody to go out and chop Morelos up.

Fuck me.

Considering we've had Football players attacked before on the pitch and harassed off it, its a very stupid and dangerous thing for a presenter to say.

When you're broadcasting to thousands of people, you need to watch what you're saying because you don't know what kind of nutcase is listening. That's why you don't get these sort of comments on Sky Sports or BT sports.

11 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Was Morelos threatening to, or telling people to go and slash throats after being sent off at Parkhead, or Kent threatening to shoot people of course not, but if punishment is acceptable for one then things like this should be dealt with fairly and with parity. It was an outrageous statement to make anywhere never mind an official club channel...

That’s exactly the stance plenty of jungle Jims took after those incidents, I loved the outrage they had after finger guns and when Morelos threatened to behead wee jay, the rage was strong in the unwashed.

If I’m defending anything it’s the right for people to say stupid and outrageous things even when they are the stupid and outrageous things that aren’t to my liking.

He hasn't and won't apologise as it was clearly not meant literally, his words.  I've not heard it so won't comment either way, but if true that he called a band Stairway 13, I'd be much more interested in the background to why he came up with that.

15 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Considering we've had Football players attacked before on the pitch and harassed off it, its a very stupid and dangerous thing for a presenter to say.

When you're broadcasting to thousands of people, you need to watch what you're saying because you don't know what kind of nutcase is listening. That's why you don't get these sort of comments on Sky Sports or BT sports.

It’s a Tv station by spoon burners for spoon burners, I wouldn’t expect the broadcast material or professionalism to reach the dizzying heights of babestation never mind sky or BT mate.

6 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

It’s a Tv station by spoon burners for spoon burners, I wouldn’t expect the broadcast material or professionalism to reach the dizzying heights of babestation never mind sky or BT mate.

It's exactly why he should be citied and punished for it. It's drivel that fanatical horde laps up. Hell most of them on Twitter dont see anything wrong with the comments. 

29 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I hear what you’re saying and we all know what it was but a person with Rangers connections doing the same in his position would right now be getting sacrificed by your local councillors and politicians, all the anti-sectarian/ racist mob, the media pundits, the actual bigots like call it out, fuck the pope would even be saying something about it and the police would already be instructed by the justice minister. It’s about parity.

I know what you mean mate but I’d be very wary of using the taigs as a barometer of how to conduct yourself.

I think outrage culture and victim mentality twists my nipples a bit.

If you want to cause a proper shitstorm you could give BLM a phone and see what they’ve got to say about it ✊🏿 

Welsh is an establishment figure through his writer credits so he mixeswith the Edinburch hoi polloi amongst others.A big step for the ex Muirhouse  tearaway.

He  has a nasty mean   whiff  of of didain ,arrogance and  sheer intolerance for those who do not  share his narrow   life view of the world .He has a criminal record and has lied about his age chopping 7 years of it,according to police sources .I  was never a fan of his books ,stage plays  or the movie Trainspotting  which managed   a further'instalment'  unbelievably with some of the same drug addled characters .Personally  I thought  that was ridiculous given the drug  shoite and  on the edge 'lifestyle' they rattled through in their earlier years.

Remember his lyrics by a punk band called stairway 13  celebrating the death of 66 Rangers fans

So he manages in his  latest disgustibg outrage,(it is a football match you prick) to mention  the 'sticky buns' whilst indicating his distaste for sectarian chants(aimed at us)which he doesn't have to put up with..aw the wee sensitive soul and utter hypocrite all encapsulated in one spiteful bit of verbosity.

Stairway 13 was as nasty a piece of sectarianism as you could get anywhere....hypocrisy again from the loudmouth.

He then outrageously  vocalises the  chopping  up by a machete, of a footballer from an opposing team for a fairly innocuous  incident.A footballer who has been subjected to abuse on and off the park already from morons doesn't need Welsh advocating further violence towards him.

Incitement and vitriolic( possibly race?) hatred of that kind is totally unacceptable and is a Police Matter in my view.

Not only that the Football Authorities must act immediately  and hammer Hibs for what went on their official TV Channel.

Welsh  needs  at the very least to be challenged on his comments and if the politicians (Scottish Executive) and  media are doing their job  and sectarianism which is out there for all to see.

8 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

It's exactly why he should be citied and punished for it. It's drivel that fanatical horde laps up. Hell most of them on Twitter dont see anything wrong with the comments. 

What would you like him to be cited for? Unprofessional conduct, Incitement to murder or something in between? 

What would be an acceptable punishment? 

32 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

He hasn't and won't apologise as it was clearly not meant literally, his words.  I've not heard it so won't comment either way, but if true that he called a band Stairway 13, I'd be much more interested in the background to why he came up with that.

Chop Alfie up and send him to the 4 corners of the globe and be consumed by seagulls. But not meant literally. Disappointed mate.  

28 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

I despise all the mock horror things like this cause but the Fenians couldn’t wait to jump on the right on woke carrousel, never missing an opportunity to stick the knife into Rangers Fans for supposed non PC behavior. We’re stuck with the stupid game they wanted to play and according to the parameters laid down by Tarriers and the extreme left, Welsh and Hivs tv have committed a Cardinal sin, so they must be punished. We can’t sing the Billy Boys Welsh can’t call us H*** or joke Alfredo should be murdered and his body parts scattered. Thems the rules mate.

4 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Chop Alfie up and send him to the 4 corners of the globe and be consumed by seagulls. But not meant literally. Disappointed mate.  

Taking it all in context, and given some of the other things he said, I think he's pretty clearly just using exaggerated banter language in a misguided bid to appear funny. Albeit if we were punished for Kent's fingers and Morelos' throat gesture (don't recall if we were), then to be consistent Hibs should be punished for this. It's all nonsense, though.

Stairway 13 is far more sinister.

Don't know how any Rangers supporter can play it down, we all know he wasn't being literal with what he said but that's not the point. Kent and Morelos gestures against them were all people could talk about after the game, we were told they were promoting gun violence and making death threats to the filth support. 

Let things like this go the double standard will continue.

3 minutes ago, doc holliday said:

The song is called  Stairway 13 by a punk band .I think they were scalled Gnu.No doubt the lyrics will be accessible somewhere on the net.

His band were called Stairway 13, not a song. He’s laughing at the death of 66 people but that’s ok because they were only Rangers Fans. 

Just now, plumbGER said:

It was hilarious according to David Tanner and that cow in the studio.

Think Tanner was just being a starstruck wee jessie giggling at him tbh. Wasn't funny at all. Welsh should stick to Edinburgh junkie movies.

11 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

As I said I haven't heard it.  I read an article on it and he also said a few weeks ago something about his teams players being an appetising addition to Dennis Neilson's fridge, meh!  Disappoint away ma man.

I would be keen to know about the band though.

Archived