Roofe challenge

Virtuoso

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Weird thread for me .I can just imagine all the taigs starting threads on their own sites suggesting their players get red cards and bans .Fucking hell man .This place at times 

'This place' being a fans forum and a thread discussing one of the main points of the match. So weird.

17 minutes ago, molesmole said:

Think he saves murray,   bryson is snapping it from the other side. 

Roofe adds a bit of counter weight to help him out.

EtVMk-OXMAk6azO.jpeg

and that just shows why still photos and slo mo gives a completely different perspective as the ball has moved that fast that both players crunch him

11 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

I've always assumed this was a discussion forum...

🙄

Cunts in here moan when you’re honest about bad challenges from our own 

I know we are scrutinised to fuck and are punished more than we should be but let’s not start denying when our player is in the wrong, we’re better than that 

*haven’t even seen the challenge fwiw

Just now, TamCoopz said:

I know we are scrutinised to fuck and are punished more than we should be but let’s not start denying when our player is in the wrong, we’re better than that 

Probably be called an apologist from eejaythebawbag but fuck him (boring bastard) 

Didn’t see the game as I was working but just seen the challenge. Should definitely have been a red during the game, but it was never intentional (unlike Alfie on Porteous).

And fuck that anyway, if Curtis Main got away with his shocker on Barisic, there’s no way Roofe should be cited.

Just now, Bad Robot said:

and that just shows why still photos and slo mo gives a completely different perspective as the ball has moved that fast that both players crunch him

Exactly  Roofe should be getting commended for his quick thinking. 

2 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Many many comments in the match thread that it was a red. But i don't think we should start debating whether  it is a ban in another thread.

Roofe plays for any other team there would simply be zero chance of citation or any mention by the media either. Duffy on Kent, Main on Borna, Dundee utd player literally gouging a chunk of flesh out of Morelos thigh ffs. None of those were deemed worthy of a red. 2 weren't even remotely brought up for possible citation. Doesn't include any of the other tackles from others this season (like Edouard recently for another example).

The ref will just lie (yet again) and pretend he never seen it so they can fire in and ban him.

1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

Roofe plays for any other team there would simply be zero chance of citation or any mention by the media either. Duffy on Kent, Main on Borna, Dundee utd player literally gouging a chunk of flesh out of Morelos thigh ffs. None of those were deemed worthy of a red. 2 weren't even remotely brought up for possible citation. Doesn't include any of the other tackles from others this season (like Edouard recently for another example).

The ref will just lie (yet again) and pretend he never seen it so they can fire in and ban him.

And are we not adding to this by specifically debating and highlighting the incident??

People thought the agenda would end with Morelos.  If there was no Morelos, they would find another target.  Watch how Roofe will be portrayed in the media.  It will be a dangerous tackle from a player who can't control his temper.

In reality it was a mistimed challenge which was just about worth a yellow.

Archived