Guardian McCoist interview.

KaiserJon

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed the article fwiw. He was my hero growing up and while he wasn't the best of managers he had a lot of shit to deal with that no manager should have to deal with. He'll always be a hero to me and having met him on 3 occasions I count myself very lucky as he is a genuinely good guy.

"There is an occasional desire to expand upon nefarious characters and dubious deals. “If it served a purpose,” McCoist says. “The only thing that registers is: ‘Do the fans deserve to hear some of the stuff that went on?’ I think they do to a large degree. But then I sit back and ask why I should stir it all up again. The club is in a great place now.”

Bang on. 

I can’t help but love the guy. Love seeing him on the tv and hearing him on the radio. More than anything I’ve lost count of the amount of times I left stadiums growing up with my old man after McCoist had put the opposition to the sword, especially the tarriers. 

2 hours ago, East London Loyal said:

"There is an occasional desire to expand upon nefarious characters and dubious deals. “If it served a purpose,” McCoist says. “The only thing that registers is: ‘Do the fans deserve to hear some of the stuff that went on?’ I think they do to a large degree. But then I sit back and ask why I should stir it all up again. The club is in a great place now.”

Bang on. 

I wonder when Ally has in mind for releasing his autobiography ?

My favorite ever Rangers player and my hero growing up,  I was bitter towards him for a while but thats behind me now and he is and always will be one of the biggest Legends Rangers has ever had. Brought the taigs to tears on multiple occasions and every time he scored a goal you could see how much it meant to him

The one sure thing in that interview was the fact that Ally was a crisis manager.  I honestly am thankful that he was our manager when the rest of Scottish football tried to destroy our club and take hard earned titles off us.  These tarrier fucks have been at it for years.

4 hours ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Cause he's a bunnet.

McCoist is a Rangers legend and contributed as much to the club as anyone in his lifetime.  Even as a manager he fought tooth and nail to make sure our prestigious history and honours were retained.  He will always be super Ally for me.  One of the best ever players to wear our shirt and he bleeds blue.

2 hours ago, RDB14 said:

McCoist is a Rangers legend and contributed as much to the club as anyone in his lifetime.  Even as a manager he fought tooth and nail to make sure our prestigious history and honours were retained.  He will always be super Ally for me.  One of the best ever players to wear our shirt and he bleeds blue.

Wasn't talking about Super ffs:lol:

Talking about the bunnet above who wont read the article cause its in the Guardian.

35 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Wasn't talking about Super ffs:lol:

Talking about the bunnet above who wont read the article cause its in the Guardian.

Hahaha fair enough.  Just sick of all the flack Ally gets from a lot of fans.  I stand corrected :lol:

7 hours ago, 2daludaludalu said:

The one sure thing in that interview was the fact that Ally was a crisis manager.  I honestly am thankful that he was our manager when the rest of Scottish football tried to destroy our club and take hard earned titles off us.  These tarrier fucks have been at it for years.

Can you imagine if he had fucked off with Naismith, Whittaker and the rest? 

imagine if we had brought in a Caixinha or a Warburton at that point instead. Or any manager that didn’t have the club in his veins? It could have been utterly devastating. 

he was a shite football manager at a shite time for the club but he was a guardian of the club nonetheless and he was an absolute rock through the summer of 2012 as we all feared what might become of our history. 

I will forgive his poor football management between 2012 and 2015 in lieu of his playing days and his stewardship through the uncertainty 

Archived