Dilemma Gerrard could be facing!

Orange and Blue

Here's a dilemma Gerrard and the coaches will have in the up and coming months. With the squad thinning a bit with suspensions and players coming back from injury do we go full pelt at a good Euro run and try and grind out the league or do we concentrate domestically and secure 55? The manks tend to be on a little bit of form at present Or do you guys think we have the strength and depth to do both? I was thinking secure 55 and let European football sort it's self out..🇬🇧🇬🇧

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Orange and Blue said:

Here's a dilemma Gerrard and the coaches will have in the up and coming months. With the squad thinning a bit with suspensions and players coming back from injury do we go full pelt at a good Euro run and try and grind out the league or do we concentrate domestically and secure 55? The manks tend to be on a little bit of form at present Or do you guys think we have the strength and depth to do both? I was thinking secure 55 and let European football sort it's self out..🇬🇧🇬🇧

Just play one game at a time.

We will be going full pelt against Antwerp. We would be doing that if 2 points clear or 18 points clear.

And before and after, we will go full pelt against Kilmarnock & Dundee U.

Europe matters to Gerrard and the players and to most fans.

18 minutes ago, Smile said:

The leagues what its about Europe means nothing to me.

i get what you mean but sometimes a good run in europe can bring confidence to the team and some of the european nights we had in the past have been amazing IMO

Focus on the league and trust the squad to navigate Antwerp. Next round wouldn't be played until the second week of March by which time they may well have collapsed again we can just focus on EL completely. That said, I just don't see haemorrhaging points all of a sudden whilst they suddenly find the ability to string wins together again. But far better safe than sorry.

1 minute ago, dbyst said:

i get what you mean but sometimes a good run in europe can bring confidence to the team and some of the european nights we had in the past have been amazing IMO

No one I know gives a shit about Europe all they care about is winning the league this season.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

No one I know gives a shit about Europe all they care about is winning the league this season.

most important thing is to win league yes but i wouldn't say i couldn't give a shit, bad performances in europe could have a negative effect on the team, and the cash we get for it is way more than winning the league. 

Just now, dbyst said:

most important thing is to win league yes but i wouldn't say i couldn't give a shit, bad performances in europe could have a negative effect on the team, and the cash we get for it is way more than winning the league. 

Yes, I've mentioned the money thing many times in posts but no ones thinking that now surely they want this win more than anything. 

Doubt you cant pick and choose what game you concentrate on , form doesn't work that way, a good result in Europe will help boost our form domestically, playing weakened teams and going about it half arsed and taking a humping in Europe boosts fuck all around the club. We play one game at a time and should give it our all for each, playing in Europe is a reward for players not a hindrance or distraction.

Won't even cross Gerrard's mind at all and he will be aiming at winning every game. 

If we are still in Europe in April and the scum have got closer to us then he might think about resting some players for the league but that is not going to happen. 

Cunts getting panicky because they dirty bastards have managed to get a couple of wins helped by dodgy decisions 😂

1 hour ago, Orange and Blue said:

55 nothing more, nothing less

7 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

Won't even cross Gerrard's mind at all and he will be aiming at winning every game. 

If we are still in Europe in April and the scum have got closer to us then he might think about resting some players for the league but that is not going to happen. 

Cunts getting panicky because they dirty bastards have managed to get a couple of wins helped by dodgy decisions 😂

Sky is falling, sky is falling. 😄

Archived