World Cup Qualifying

8 hours ago, HG5 said:

Seemed very much that way first half, but showed a lot more energy and forward drive in the second half - ‘came onto a game’ as they say.

He epitomises the coached modern day CM ,neat and tidy , I’m still old school and want a CM to go influence the game positively , he won MOTM against England and didn’t tackle anyone , go past anyone , create a chance or have a shot at goal 

33 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

He epitomises the coached modern day CM ,neat and tidy , I’m still old school and want a CM to go influence the game positively , he won MOTM against England and didn’t tackle anyone , go past anyone , create a chance or have a shot at goal 

It’s almost as if he’s not meant to do that job and the players alongside him are.

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

Yup.

I’d put John Fleck in that category, too.

I’d even add Glen Kamara - same sort of tidy, probably puts in more tackles, but not as much impact in goals or assists as there should be.

Gilmour may well develop.

If you think back to a young Barry Ferguson, he didn’t have a lot of ‘productivity’ in his early days, but was frequently the last man to have the ball before the player who set up a goal.

The rest came later.

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

It’s almost as if he’s not meant to do that job and the players alongside him are.

Good call - there are plenty in here who will say ‘that’s not x player’s job’.

Think where we’d have been without the back 4’s attacking contributions last year.

Back to yesterday, I thought Gilmour was far more aggressive in the second half, won tackles, shook off big hits & actually got a bit of link up with Frazer.

Looked a bit more like what he’s supposed to be.

3 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Your thoughts on Steven Davis?

4 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Your thoughts on Steven Davis?

First time round out and out attacking midfielder, this spell sits deeper still plenty of positive and attacking play, only need to look at as recent as Sunday robbed soro drove in and played Sakala in for a shot at goal 

Just now, Cedrick said:

First time round out and out attacking midfielder, this spell sits deeper still plenty of positive and attacking play, only need to look at as recent as Sunday robbed soro drove in and played Sakala in for a shot at goal 

He gets on the ball deep and passes it. Very rarely shoots, tackles or beats a man. Very similar to Gilmour.

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

That was great, but could he do more of that?

Must say, he quite often comes up with something like that very late in a game - don’t know if he’s pacing himself, or what?

He seems to become prominent when his other midfield colleagues have shut up shop for the day.

2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

That was great, but could he do more of that?

Must say, he quite often comes up with something like that very late in a game - don’t know if he’s pacing himself, or what?

He seems to become prominent when his other midfield colleagues have shut up shop for the day.

If he’s still got the legs I’d play him in his old roll without a doubt mate I’m assuming he’s gon back 15/20 yards due to his age 

So far the only argument I've seen people have in Clarke's favour is "and replace him with who?" :lol:

Let's keep someone in charge because we haven't identified the perfect person to take over. That's why you have interviews, plenty of managers will be interested in that position and they don't have to be Scottish. 

Vogts is shat on in the media but he had to rebuild an ageing squad and was trying to find good young players. Clarke just goes with his favourites. Gilmour probably got in too late, persisting with O'Donnell when he's not good enough and not the long term solution, not even giving Gauld a call up for a friendly, constantly picking Ryan Fraser who has been shit for years. 

I think it's time for Tierney/Robertson in the same team tactic to end. We shift the whole team around to fit them both in. 

Once Austria end our hopes next week, we may as well give the next generation a go. 

6 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Both sit deep and get on the ball, don't dribble, crunch into tackles or shoot very often. Don't know what you're disagreeing with tbh.

Davis is positive, Gilmore doesn’t even contemplate it , Davis does win his fair share of tackles to , as I said if you wanted a current player to compare , a  Pedro murty Ryan Jack is the one , all he did was pass it between a full back and centre half till Gerrard came in, now he’s far more positive 

2 hours ago, Johnsey said:

So far the only argument I've seen people have in Clarke's favour is "and replace him with who?" :lol:

Let's keep someone in charge because we haven't identified the perfect person to take over. That's why you have interviews, plenty of managers will be interested in that position and they don't have to be Scottish. 

Vogts is shat on in the media but he had to rebuild an ageing squad and was trying to find good young players. Clarke just goes with his favourites. Gilmour probably got in too late, persisting with O'Donnell when he's not good enough and not the long term solution, not even giving Gauld a call up for a friendly, constantly picking Ryan Fraser who has been shit for years. 

I think it's time for Tierney/Robertson in the same team tactic to end. We shift the whole team around to fit them both in. 

Once Austria end our hopes next week, we may as well give the next generation a go. 

Surely there must be an other Aussie genius they could replace torn faced Clarke with,angeball 2.