Who goes in summer?

19 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Don't understand the criticism I've seen Roofe get the last few days. He has made a massive difference to us.

Literally made 1 mistake IMO in his career with us and that was at the weekend. He definitely needs to go on a run of good performances to get the best out of him but when he is at his best he is top quality for this league.

12 minutes ago, rangersross said:

If he can have a good pre-season and get through next season without an injury he'll be huge for us. 

November/December when we pulled away at the top he was our best attacking player by far.

I don't think we would bring in the cash to merit selling Helander, I don't think we would get back much more than we paid for him so would rather he was kept than we spent a summer scratching about to find a CB better than him. 

In an ideal world, spend fuck all on a GK and defenders this summer and spend all the money we have, all of it,  on a couple of bankers in midfield. Ideally do to midfield what Smith did to our forwards when he just said fuck it I am just buying Jelavic and Beattie (who was shit but there was sense in the idea of the addition) **

** saying this having thought for a while now Morelos and Kent will stay 

there is not much money going around right now so someone will be sold. there is no avoiding this.

as long as we have roughly the same squad going into next season i will be happy. its a bit unlucky to be challenging for champions league football this summer when we are not financially able to push the boat out to secure it.

but if we win the league this year then we are guaranteed to be in it.  That is what im hoping for.

im just glad our players have a few years of euro football on their CV and a title win now.

Edmondson and Jones having decent loan spells and wouldn't be bothered if they were to leave unless we get bad news over Katic's recovery. Are Barker and Stewart not both out of contract at the end of the season? Will free up some wages. Not that bothered about Middleton or Hastie but they will need a dramatic improvement if they are going to do anything next season so sell if possible. Zungu can go when his loan expires just not done enough to warrant buying. 

Of the main squad Defoe is either going to leave or move to the coaching team. If we have to sell a player my first thought was Aribo but that mainly comes down to midfield performances. I think that he offers more than Hagi in attack however so between those two on who to sell.

Would rather we spent more on a single midfielder than buying several players with maybe another loan with option to buy deal thrown in. Basically keep the team intact and just add that bit of quality to the midfield. 

Of course any player can leave as they all have their price and we will have to adjust accordingly but hopefully we can keep hold of Morelos and Kamara for a run at the champions league. 

4 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

Edmondson and Jones having decent loan spells and wouldn't be bothered if they were to leave unless we get bad news over Katic's recovery. Are Barker and Stewart not both out of contract at the end of the season? Will free up some wages. Not that bothered about Middleton or Hastie but they will need a dramatic improvement if they are going to do anything next season so sell if possible. Zungu can go when his loan expires just not done enough to warrant buying. 

Of the main squad Defoe is either going to leave or move to the coaching team. If we have to sell a player my first thought was Aribo but that mainly comes down to midfield performances. I think that he offers more than Hagi in attack however so between those two on who to sell.

Would rather we spent more on a single midfielder than buying several players with maybe another loan with option to buy deal thrown in. Basically keep the team intact and just add that bit of quality to the midfield. 

Of course any player can leave as they all have their price and we will have to adjust accordingly but hopefully we can keep hold of Morelos and Kamara for a run at the champions league. 

Barker signed a 3 year deal in the summer of 2019 so he won't be up until next summer. However a decent loan spell down there it seems at oxford, potentially a transfer fee for him rather than him leaving on a free.

as others have mentioned I would imagine it will mainly be trimming the fat from the squad. Zungu and stewart won't bring anything in obviously but will free up a wage. Barker and jones would fetch a million I'd say. Edmundson I could see going to Derby, especially if they are relegated. We will at least make our money back there and then some. 

Middleton & Hastie I think we should shift too. 

There is around 2m just on fringe players if Wilson can work his magic again. But its not just the fees, its the freed up wages of 7 players that can then be used towards 2 good central midfielders and another winger to compete with Kent & Wright.

12 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Barker signed a 3 year deal in the summer of 2019 so he won't be up until next summer. However a decent loan spell down there it seems at oxford, potentially a transfer fee for him rather than him leaving on a free.

as others have mentioned I would imagine it will mainly be trimming the fat from the squad. Zungu and stewart won't bring anything in obviously but will free up a wage. Barker and jones would fetch a million I'd say. Edmundson I could see going to Derby, especially if they are relegated. We will at least make our money back there and then some. 

Middleton & Hastie I think we should shift too. 

There is around 2m just on fringe players if Wilson can work his magic again. But its not just the fees, its the freed up wages of 7 players that can then be used towards 2 good central midfielders and another winger to compete with Kent & Wright.

The amount of signings he's been involved in that people don't think, myself included, are good enough for Rangers I think to say he's worked magic is way off the mark

57 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

The amount of signings he's been involved in that people don't think, myself included, are good enough for Rangers I think to say he's worked magic is way off the mark

I suppose incoming transfers hasn't been great, but he has done alright in shifting some of the dross out, and getting fees for them. 

3 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

Well, we've spent quite a bit less than our major competitor on fees and wages and assembled a squad that won a title as comfortably as I can remember any team doing in my lifetime, so I'd say that's pretty magic. 

2 hours ago, rangersross said:

Well, we've spent quite a bit less than our major competitor on fees and wages and assembled a squad that won a title as comfortably as I can remember any team doing in my lifetime, so I'd say that's pretty magic. 

no giving a fuck about them, and stand by my statement, he's had good and bad deals - is it because he made players disappear your calling it magic

34 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I still insist Edmundson is the 3rd best CH on the books. Everyone seems to have given up on him. I'm not sure where Gerrard stands on him.

Wit 😂

Goldson, helander, balogun easily better than him. Katic is as well based on his form before injury

29 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Based on what games, for us, out of interest? Because the only slight evidence of this is one game, and that’s about it.

He was unlucky not to make the team out of pre season. He is far from a liability and hasn't really put a foot wrong in any game he has played in this season or last.

Fast, can tackle, good in the air and can pass a ball. And still very young.

Maybe Covid screwed his chance