Who goes in summer?

Reports coming out that both Morelos and Kent are happy to stay next season due to potential CL games. 

Assuming we navigate the games (by no means an easy feat), we’ll still likely need to sell 1 player to balance the books a little. The likely list of players who would command a fee in the region of £10million upwards is:

Kamara

Barisic

Hagi

So who do people think is the most expendable from them? I wonder if we’ll sell Kamara if he doesn’t agree a new deal, especially as he won’t be able to play 3 of the CL qualifier games due to suspension. 

Kamara is probably a stick-on if he doesn’t sign a new deal, probably 50/50 if he does. 

Barisic, Tav and Goldson I believe will stay and be part of building something. 

It’s good to think Morelos will stay, but if £20m comes in and he’s offered CL football and a chance to double his cash he might well be off. I suppose the massive deals for players like Morelos and Kent will hinge on CL group stage football, we’ll be in an extremely strong position then

Barker, Jones, Stewart, Defoe, Murphy, Hastie & Firth should go. I'm undecided on Middleton, Kennedy & McPake. 

I would keep Edmundson (although Rooney is high on him) and sell Simpson. Edmundson is the better player.

I would sell Itten and replace him. (we should have signed Nesbit)

We are going to lose one of our star players. I fear it will be Helander or Kamara. Hope not

Personally, I would sell Tavernier if the price was right (it won't happen, Gerrard loves him)

We need two wingers as ready made backups to Kent & Wright and the two best midfielders we can find/afford.

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Kamara should only be sold if he does not sign a new contract.

Anything £10m+ for Hagi would be good business.

Rather keep Barisic.

In regards to the squad hopefully this lot all leave - Barker, Jones, Edmundson, Zungu, Middleton, Defoe, Hastie and Stewart.

Would potentially be great business getting the likes of Sakala, Lundstram, Heymans, Sergio Arribas(unlikely), Ryan Gauld or Dejan Ljubicic(unlikely) in on frees. Actually think we could make the whole squad stronger on free transfers alone.

Defoe, Zungu, Barker and Jones being replaced by Sakala, Lundstram, Gauld and Wright(Jan) is a big improvement IMO.

I’d keep Middleton and Stewart from that list. 

15 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Barker, Jones, Stewart, Defoe, Murphy, Hastie & Firth should go. I'm undecided on Middleton, Kennedy & McPake. 

I would keep Edmundson (although Rooney is high on him) and sell Simpson. Edmundson is the better player.

I would sell Itten and replace him. (we should have signed Nesbit)

We are going to lose one of our star players. I fear it will be Helander or Kamara. Hope not

Personally, I would sell Tavernier if the price was right (it won't happen, Gerrard loves him)

We need two wingers as ready made backups to Kent & Wright and the two best midfielders we can find/afford.

It's easy saying sell these guys, but who realistically is gonna pay money for Barker, Hastie etc. Who will make our money back on Itten? This model runs at a loss. Some of these guys possibly need a second season to come good.

Selling Tav is mental. As good as young Patterson is, replacing Tav's number are very difficult.

From our profitable players, I'd say we could cope.without Hagi and Helander. Possibly Morelos if we get the desired fee and Borna.

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

It's easy saying sell these guys, but who realistically is gonna pay money for Barker, Hastie etc. Who will make our money back on Itten? This model runs at a loss. Some of these guys possibly need a second season to come good.

Selling Tav is mental. As good as young Patterson is, replacing Tav's number are very difficult.

From our profitable players, I'd say we could cope.without Hagi and Helander. Possibly Morelos if we get the desired fee and Borna.

I forgot to mention Hagi. personally I don't think he has progressed this year and he can't hold down a regular spot. I would take £10m

The ones I mentioned are players you get off the wage bill. We didn't pay much for any of them and some were free.

As for Itten, we may lose money on him. He will probably be in Gerrard's plans.

And as for James Tavernier - a great athlete, a 6/10 football player. He has went from shite, never a captain to Maldini in most people's eyes. I know my opinion isn't popular on him but I would sell.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I forgot to mention Hagi. personally I don't think he has progressed this year and he can't hold down a regular spot. I would take £10m

The ones I mentioned are players you get off the wage bill. We didn't pay much for any of them and some were free.

As for Itten, we may lose money on him. He will probably be in Gerrard's plans.

And as for James Tavernier - a great athlete, a 6/10 football player. He has went from shite, never a captain to Maldini in most people's eyes. I know my opinion isn't popular on him but I would sell.

I'll agree with everything just not on Tav. 

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

Wasn't that long ago that all our attacks came from the right. Borna adds balance to the team and so I would not sell him.

Kamara and Hellander (good euro with Sweden ?) are the 2 most likely to go for decent money.

I think Hellander will be hard to replace. I wouldn't like to see him go. Our defence is much more stable with him in it.

If I had to choice 2, I think it would be Kamara and Hagi. 

I think at least 2 will be away. Think Barisic is definetely away, at 29 its probably the last chance we have to sell him for decent money. 

Take your pick between Helander/Kamara/Kent/Morelos after that. 

Hope we don't lose any more than 2 with the CL qualifiers round the corner. 

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Hagi, Kamara and Morelos.

Love to keep the latter 2 around but clubs will come calling and we won't be able to resist.

Another one that will have alot of suitors this summer I think will be Aribo.

Kamara is the one I think. If he has a good euros then I think his stock will be almost at its height. He's so important to us though so I hope we get a large fee for him. 

Hagi has potential and because he is an attacking player and a "name", I think we will keep hold of him for another season to see how he develops. 

It sounds like Morelos has been advised by his agent that the EPL move he wants isn’t going to materialise this summer, so he’d want the chance to play CL and potentially put him on clubs radar for Jan/summer 2022.

If we get that opportunity we have to take it, even if it means we sell someone like a Kamara or Barisic IMO