Closing In On Britt Assombanlonga

8 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I take him to be honest. 

Good goalscoring record in the Championship, and seems to have been a key player there up until he fell out with Warnock. 

Warnock’s a cunt though, so I’d be more concerned if he didn’t fall out with him.

He's scored 45 goals in the last 4 seasons and he has a notable lazy attitude. Warnock tried everything including making him captain and that still didn't work. He wasn't really a "key" player but I think the club wanted to get the minutes out of their highest paid player who they paid 17 million for. He's flopped big time and a lot of that is down to his poor attitude.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Do we need a resale value on a free transfer? 

Depending on his wages it could be worth the risk on a free. 1 in 3 in the championship is decent.

Sinclair had similar comments regarding his attitude, performances pre the scum and at 27 completely dominated this league for 2 years.

His wage demands will be high. He's the highest paid in the Boro team.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Do we need a resale value on a free transfer? 

Depending on his wages it could be worth the risk on a free. 1 in 3 in the championship is decent.

Sinclair had similar comments regarding his attitude, performances pre the scum and at 27 completely dominated this league for 2 years.

Take your point but Sinclair at his best did enough to get a move to Man City(I know home grown rule played a part but still)

Assombalonga at his best didn't even manage to get into the Premier League

Report I seen said he was willing to reduce his wages. Think hes on 38K.

Would depend how much he was willing to sacrifice. We do pay high wages to Defoe who has hardly played this season.

Take your point but that doesn't mean he couldn't be successful up here. I would prefer Sakala personally.

Tav only has 36 minutes of action in the PL and would walk into most sides in that division imo.

McBurnie plays in that overrated league and is utter shit, linked with Wolves for next season as well.  

Eh?!?! Surely not :lol: 

Willing to pay £15m apparently. 😅

Without wanting to derail the thread onto something else it is mental that a team like Wolves wouldn't be looking at Morelos or Edouard for that matter at that sort of figure.

Used to be very good back in the day but he's been off it for a while. 

Have him in a fantasy football thing with some friends so I've ended up watching him a bit this season. Looks unbelievably sluggish and liked he couldn't give two shits. 

Mates a Forest fan and raved about him. Got a move to Boro and looked Premiership bound.

Fast, Powerful and a proper handful.

Fuck knows what's happened at Boro, they've been shite and gone through a few managers, which won't have helped. 

Unless he's been battered with injuries I imagine there's still a player there.

I sent a text to a mate of mine who is a Boro fan. This was his reply...

Cost us 15 million four years ago and we paid him 40 grand a week. He was not worth that investment. Saying that he never had the right players around him to suit his style He was prolific when he played Forrest I would say he would be a bad signing but he will cost you nothing. Just his wage

No what we really need IMO. May work in Europe but I think we need someone more along the lines of Dado Prso for the Scottish game and the dreaded low block.

If we can pose a genuine threat from the great crosses usually supplied by Messrs Tavernier and Barisic  then they will have to come out and try stop the cross which will create space in the box.

Or we can keep playing winger instead of strikers up front  and rely on one  5'9 Colombian against the opposition  defence or the likes of Hagi trying to thread the needle into a space that doesnt exist when this low block is played well.

Sounds to me that our recruitment team are simply doing their job and doing due diligence on a number of players so that if Alfredo goes we have identified potential replacements and can move fast. Just the way it should be.

Free transfer but big wage he sounds to me more like a possible replacement for Roofe (if we can get our money back on him).

Archived