Penalties.

beararse

Anyone who takes a one step ‘run up’ or does a Ali type shuffle should be banned from taking penalties IMO.

That penalty from Roofe last night was fucking ridiculous. 

Reminded me of Fred Flintstone ten pin bowling.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the context I thought this would be after reading the title but aye was a daft looking cunt with that pen.

For me, we should have the strikers/attacking players taking pens. Not only does it up their goal ratios, but these guys are on that pitch to score. That's their job. They are (supposed to be) more instinctive in front of goal. Our first two pen takers are defenders.

Penalty shoot outs are more often than not about momentum and confidence .I wasn’t confident when it was 0-0 .It was even less confident ,when they scored 1 minute into injury time in extra time .They then had the momentum .And all night ,our players had shown no confidence .Depressing penalty shoot out tbh 

Imagine practicing a fucking daft run up as a professional footballer , no way that’s off the cuff on the day , that’s been practiced on the training pitch, he missed but the run up was different class said absolutely no cunt ever 

11 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Imagine practicing a fucking daft run up as a professional footballer , no way that’s off the cuff on the day , that’s been practiced on the training pitch, he missed but the run up was different class said absolutely no cunt ever 

Yep. 100% record v Andy Firth :)

I said it last night.....Tav had missed his last two....Defoe was brought on especially for the shootout....he is unquestionably the best pk taker in the club....for me he should have took the first kick....he scores and the pressure goes straight onto the opposition 

45 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I said it last night.....Tav had missed his last two....Defoe was brought on especially for the shootout....he is unquestionably the best pk taker in the club....for me he should have took the first kick....he scores and the pressure goes straight onto the opposition 

This would seem like common sense

No point debating who should be our penalty taker from now on! 
the reason we were never going to win that penalty shootout was the fact that Clark was on a massive high and had a brilliant game 

we had to win the match in normal play 

3 hours ago, beararse said:

Anyone who takes a one step ‘run up’ or does a Ali type shuffle should be banned from taking penalties IMO.

That penalty from Roofe last night was fucking ridiculous. 

Reminded me of Fred Flintstone ten pin bowling.

My playing days are long behind me but i played with a Dutch guy over here years ago and he did the one to two step run up to a penalty and never missed and always fired it to where he wanted it to go. I asked him about it and he said as long as you know where your going to put it and hit it with power then the goalkeeper doesn't have time to think. He also said that they used to practice them like that in Holland and in the end it all comes down to confidence.

That penalty by Roofe yesterday was all about trying to embarrass the goalkeeper and making Roofe look good , arrogance personified , and he looked ridiculous because of it.

Look at St. Johnstones penalties yesterday , everyone of them hit with authority and McGregor wasn't getting near any of them.

6 minutes ago, Canabear said:

My playing days are long behind me but i played with a Dutch guy over here years ago and he did the one to two step run up to a penalty and never missed and always fired it to where he wanted it to go. I asked him about it and he said as long as you know where your going to put it and hit it with power then the goalkeeper doesn't have time to think. He also said that they used to practice them like that in Holland and in the end it all comes down to confidence.

That penalty by Roofe yesterday was all about trying to embarrass the goalkeeper and making Roofe look good , arrogance personified , and he looked ridiculous because of it.

Look at St. Johnstones penalties yesterday , everyone of them hit with authority and McGregor wasn't getting near any of them.

Any half decent keeper isn’t going to make a decision until the taker is about to strike the ball so all that tippy toe nonsense beforehand has little to no effect other than detract from the takers concentration.

There was a stark difference between our kicks and theirs unfortunately.

Archived