Elden Ring

CR3

1 hour ago, Iakona said:

Don't get me wrong i'm not saying this is cyberpunk bad and everyone should be refunding. If people can look by it then fair play. I just struggle with inconsistent frame rates and especially terrible frame pacing - it's super jarring and it's also why i gave up on Bloodbourne too.

For those unsure what frame pacing is, this is a great analogy.

"Johnny and Amanda take 60 steps over a minute to cross the length of a hallway.

Johnny takes one step per second. Every step would not look much different from one another so his motion is very smooth.

Amanda hops every other step. All the even steps take 1.5 seconds while all the odd steps take 0.5 seconds.

Both Johnny and Amanda are making the same number of steps per minute (frames per second), but the timing per step (frame pacing) differs. Johnny's steps would look very smooth but Amanda's are much more erratic, making the action feel less smooth and jittery."

From soft has came a long way, think anyone would be preaching to the converted right now to be honest with you. Did you play demon souls recently, was that a locked 60?

9 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

Had covid for a week there so got to play a good bit of this, the game is outstanding. The map is fucking huge, still to discover a lot of the underground places as well. 

Yas, on yourself Lido. That’s what we like to hear. Game of the year already. :lol: Put in 60 hours and could play it again and will. Need to get back to the gym, think I’ve put on a stone since this came out.

5 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Yas, on yourself Lido. That’s what we like to here. Game of the year already. :lol: Put in 60 hours and could play it again and will. Need to get back to the gym, think I’ve put on a stone since this came out.

It's unreal mate, I've got about 60 hours as well and I've only killed 2 of the main bosses (3 if you include that cunt on the horse right at the start). I've just been exploring, finding loot, killing the non-story bosses and leveling up. You lose so much time to it :lol:

1 hour ago, CR3 said:

From soft has came a long way, think anyone would be preaching to the converted right now to be honest with you. Did you play demon souls recently, was that a locked 60?

Demon Souls was basically a perfect 60 with no frame pacing issues, even in the 30 fps mode. However that game was rebuilt from the ground up by Bluepoint games and Japan Studio. Fromsoftware weren't directly involved in the development.

4 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Demon Souls was basically a perfect 60 with no frame pacing issues, even in the 30 fps mode. However that game was rebuilt from the ground up by Bluepoint games and Japan Studio. Fromsoftware weren't directly involved in the development.

Yeah, sometimes do get confused with the publishers involved and the actual studios themselves. That’s good to hear though. I could be wrong but I think from soft come under the Bandai Namco umbrella a lot, they do put out some amount of anime guff though I have to say. I did play code vein.

12 hours ago, CR3 said:

When you say usually does that mean any from software game or an RPG type? I’m not gonna lie it’s got one of the best scores for a game I’m sure across the board. Unforgiving as anything for the casual type but it’s exceeded all expectations 

The style of game, The Witcher, Skyrim rpg style, open world, levelling up. Love it all. Im also skint atm so that is playing a factor. GotG is on Game pass so im gonna give that a whirl :lol: 

22 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Why?

Cause I spent God knows how long reading a series of books that he is never going to complete, probably cause he was working on this game.

But after hearing more about the game I might buy it at some point but no the now cause I'm back in a huff about game of thrones turning to shit cause the cunt can't finish a book 😅

4 hours ago, Willis said:

Cause I spent God knows how long reading a series of books that he is never going to complete, probably cause he was working on this game.

But after hearing more about the game I might buy it at some point but no the now cause I'm back in a huff about game of thrones turning to shit cause the cunt can't finish a book 😅

Oft mate I really hope you’re ok, what a struggle 

10 hours ago, Willis said:

Mon tae fuck mate :lol:

16 hours ago, Willis said:

Was thinking of getting this till I realised it's by George RR Martin and I refuse to buy any of his stuff

I’d take his input to the story as a writer with a pinch of salt mate, the lore in these games is obscure at the best of times and not really their strong point. Didn’t like game of thrones myself. 

• 1 month later...

I got this last Friday, been off work for a bit with an unknown illness but I just can't get into it.

I'd tried playing Bloodborne before and it wasn't for me, managed to get this for £40 on PS5 so though it'd be worth a punt - anyone got any tips for me to try and get into it more, other than watching videos on Youtube? I want to like it, just don't know if I'm wasting my time.

14 hours ago, ScottBF2 said:

I got this last Friday, been off work for a bit with an unknown illness but I just can't get into it.

I'd tried playing Bloodborne before and it wasn't for me, managed to get this for £40 on PS5 so though it'd be worth a punt - anyone got any tips for me to try and get into it more, other than watching videos on Youtube? I want to like it, just don't know if I'm wasting my time.

Alright mate they’re unforgiving games for a fairly new player to the series, but might end up your favourite if you persevere, it’s generally getting over the first hurdles and yourself levelled up before you start to really do damage and enjoy it properly like most character levelling/progression-type games. The Church of Elleh is where you upgrade your weapon with smithing stones then you go to a place called the roundtable after a certain amount, good hubs to get used to going to for upgrades. You could maybe use a farm at the start to get a boost but it’s repetitive. (which is generally finding an easy thing to kill or a bunch of guys that drop a lot of cash, then reset at a grace and rinse/repeat) but anyway this is what I said to someone in the gaming thread about starting a souls game:

736456E8-D38D-4F38-86EB-A3FAD0966B3D.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Pretty much you’re not staunch unless you start this game in your skants 

90 hours to beat the main final boss - one optional boss I couldn’t defeat (and probably a good few I never found).

incredible game thought it took all the best bits of previous FS titles and rolled it into one open world package that unusually didn’t cause open world fatigue. 

3 hours ago, Blue72 said:

Pretty much you’re not staunch unless you start this game in your skants 

90 hours to beat the main final boss - one optional boss I couldn’t defeat (and probably a good few I never found).

incredible game thought it took all the best bits of previous FS titles and rolled it into one open world package that unusually didn’t cause open world fatigue. 

Glad you joined the party mate. What optional boss you talking about? Wish @BridgeIsBlue was here tbh.

5 hours ago, CR3 said:

Glad you joined the party mate. What optional boss you talking about? Wish @BridgeIsBlue was here tbh.

Malenia - did the same thing as with ishin sword saint in sekiro where I’d played so much I ran out of steam.  I need to replay that too.

I’ve gone back to ds1 to start again (played remastered demons souls earlier in the year) and forgot how great that title is.

Malenia - did the same thing as with ishin sword saint in sekiro where I’d played so much I ran out of steam.  I need to replay that too.

I’ve gone back to ds1 to start again (played remastered demons souls earlier in the year) and forgot how great that title is.

Oh aye Isshin took me a good few hours but there’s a repetitive thing you can do in the last 2 phases running away from him until he jumps at you then mortal Blade him. Malenia is the Hardest I think in ER, combo is ridiculous.

16 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Oh aye Isshin took me a good few hours but there’s a repetitive thing you can do in the last 2 phases running away from him until he jumps at you then mortal Blade him. Malenia is the Hardest I think in ER, combo is ridiculous.

I’ll remember that when I replay - unfortunately/fortunately it’s on a different console so I’ll need to start again.  Not a bad thing it was an incredible experience first time around.

Malenia is harder than any other FS boss I can think of except maybe slave knight Gael in DS3.

overall ER was much easier because levelling up was a natural part of the game.  Though Mohg Lord of Blood was a tricky customer for me.

2 hours ago, Blue72 said:

I’ll remember that when I replay - unfortunately/fortunately it’s on a different console so I’ll need to start again.  Not a bad thing it was an incredible experience first time around.

Malenia is harder than any other FS boss I can think of except maybe slave knight Gael in DS3.

Gael’s one of my favourite fights in all the FS games. I actually find Midir harder because it takes ages. Heard you can use pestilent mist or whatever to help a lot.