FIFA 22

Straight-Edge-Loyal

17 hours ago, CR3 said:

That has happened to me pulling a keeper to cover a counter the other night.

Opponent overhit a through ball so pulled the keeper out to cover it. Because it was on the edge of the box I think the game mechanics hit a rules blackhole and got confused between picking it up and kicking it. Instead the keeper just kind of randomly hopped over it and fell over and it went into the net :lol: 

Does anyone have any advice at all with this game. I'm genuinely so bad at the game it's no even funny anymore. Played maybe 50 online games since last Thursday and only managed 1 win towards the rivals rewards 😢😢

Really cannot defend for shit in the game and scoring goals forget it. My top score is aubameyang who has abiut 30 goals on about 150 odd games 

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

FIFA ending their relationship with EA Sports.

Huge news but could turn quite funny. Konami are a basket case so they are out but not sure there are many other credible companies out there that could develop a FIFA game to a good standard.

2k?

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah, that is a good shout. I forgot about them. Been years since I played a 2K game. Their NHL game was better than EA.

It's a big fucking risk to take on FIFA though isn't it :lol: Imagine fucking it up.

We need a genuine rival to it 

This is football, pro, even the later actua soccer's gave us something different.

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah, that is a good shout. I forgot about them. Been years since I played a 2K game. Their NHL game was better than EA.

It's a big fucking risk to take on FIFA though isn't it :lol: Imagine fucking it up.

Tbf, EA have shafted us since about 2016 :lol: 

Liking that there's a bit more variety in the teams played when playing seasons.

Playing as Rangers generally got Bayer Leverkusen, PSV, Sassuolo, Al Hilal, fenians, AC Milan, Arsenal and maybe a couple of others over and over on last years.

Played 15 or 16 games so far and not had the same team once.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Huge news but could turn quite funny. Konami are a basket case so they are out but not sure there are many other credible companies out there that could develop a FIFA game to a good standard.

Not really as EA Sports will still have all the same teams and licences they have now. They have contracts with the leagues so it doesn't make any difference really other than the name of the game. 

There is also 2 new football titles due out at the end of the year, one with the unreal engine that we have seen some screenshots of so all is not lost. Forget Konami, they are a mobile platform only these days for football. 

On 14/10/2021 at 19:51, rabc10000 said:

Does anyone have any advice at all with this game. I'm genuinely so bad at the game it's no even funny anymore. Played maybe 50 online games since last Thursday and only managed 1 win towards the rivals rewards 😢😢

Really cannot defend for shit in the game and scoring goals forget it. My top score is aubameyang who has abiut 30 goals on about 150 odd games 

Try and play a passing game, R1 passes to your striker are good for playing through the opponent midfield. Get yourself a rapid defence (all my defenders are 88 acceleration minimum). Look for strikers that are fast with good agility/ball control/dribbling, even low rated players like Malen (80) are way more useful than players like Haaland (88). Cutbacks are super easy this year so try and play for those more. Also keep an eye on your wingers when your countering, I find my winger on the opposite side of the pitch making really good runs all the time, R1/L1 through balls with a good bit of pace on them can have you in behind the defence for an easy tap in. 

16 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It's a shock that the companies have split apart though since fifa were looking for £250 million to renew seemingly it is understandable an dno one will pay that hell I don't think any one else could. 

If we go down this road I hope we get the Rangers game back. 

9 hours ago, lidorfc said:

Try and play a passing game, R1 passes to your striker are good for playing through the opponent midfield. Get yourself a rapid defence (all my defenders are 88 acceleration minimum). Look for strikers that are fast with good agility/ball control/dribbling, even low rated players like Malen (80) are way more useful than players like Haaland (88). Cutbacks are super easy this year so try and play for those more. Also keep an eye on your wingers when your countering, I find my winger on the opposite side of the pitch making really good runs all the time, R1/L1 through balls with a good bit of pace on them can have you in behind the defence for an easy tap in. 

Haaland is awful. I packed him and was very happy then it became apparent he is utterly useless for the game.