Tokyo Olympics

2 hours ago, JamieD said:

That 400m hurdles final must be, statistically, the greatest race in history. 

Gold, silver and bronze medallist would all have broken the pre-July 2021 world record, which stood for 29 years. Warholm breaks his own recent world record by 0.74 seconds. Silver medallist breaks Warholm's previous record by 0.53 seconds. Ludicrous.

Greatest sporting performance in history.

Fucking stunning.

1 hour ago, TheKingObv said:

Recorded it and watched it there without knowing the result.

Cannot believe what I have seen. Honestly incredible. I went mental.

Warholm is saying he doesn't use the super spikes too. Which is a high risk PR strategy, considering the reputation of track and field :lol:

17 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Warholm is saying he doesn't use the super spikes too. Which is a high risk PR strategy, considering the reputation of track and field :lol:

He doesn't have one of the glamour spikes (nike, adidas or New Balance) but from what I've read, Puma ones are better damn fast...

On 04/08/2021 at 02:32, Heshootshescores said:

Inspiring performance by Sifan Hassan in the 1500m heat. Having fallen, she got back up then stormed through the field, before winning and booking a semi final slot. A great lesson for all in facing adversity and kicking its butt.

Seen Alf Tupper doing it more than once. 😃

1 hour ago, Moody Blue said:

Carlin bronze, went to same primary and secondary as my two, year above my eldest.

Utterly dominant performance from Kenny and Archibald in the madison, well deserved golds. 

Yeah the performance by Kenny and Archibald was something else. No one could lay a wheel on them. They made it look incredibly easy. The crash of the Netherlands will have helped.

3 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Would think so mate. Anything he ran in, he and any groups he was involved in would be disqualified. His numbers seem questionable. 

Wasn't he barely in the top 40 runners last year now running away with Olympic Gold too?

3 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Would think so mate. Anything he ran in, he and any groups he was involved in would be disqualified. His numbers seem questionable. 

As suspicious as that link may seem, nothing will happen until he fails a drug test. And I'm fairly sure he won't (not saying he isn't juicing, but he probs won't get caught if he is).

8 hours ago, GabrielTomato said:

:craphead:

Is anyone surprised? Although his raise through the ranks is suspect,nothing can be done until he fails a test. 

5 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

Cycling cant seem to shake this crap sadly.

A lot of sports can't. It seems the cheats are way in front of testing at the moment. At least with cycling they have passports so abnormal levels show.