Tokyo Olympics

15 hours ago, JamieD said:

Where are you getting this from? I'm not saying he was clean, but I have never seen anything from him admitting that he took gear. Here's an interview from 2014 where he says he never did. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2226821-wwe-mark-henry-interview-exclusive-haters-steroids-and-15-years-of-smackdown

He cut a promo on The Dudley Boys and he said it

It's on Youtube

19 hours ago, JamieD said:

What makes you think she knew she wasn't okay when she turned up for the Olympics?

Even if she did, if she had pulled out citing mental health problems before the Olympics began, I have a suspicion that you and her other critics would be making the same criticisms. Except with the added factor of saying "she has left her team in the lurch because now the best gymnast isn't in the team".

Well apparently she wasn't allowed her ADHD medication which I didn't know. So I can only apologise if that's the case. Although would have been best if she didn't compete based on that alone as I imagine it would effect her performance.

if it isn't true then I stick by my comments that she quit. If she quit before the Olympics on those grounds I wouldn't be critical. It would have allowed the US team time to fully assess the situation and see if they can manoeuvre a way to give them the best chance to win Gold.

The image of quitting in the middle of fierce competition isn't good. I know people are sensitive in society nowadays to that supposed harshness but that is how I look at it. Wouldn't be any different if it was a Rangers player. 

12 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

She defo looked injured and then pulled out. Could see she wasn’t going to go forward because of the injury. After that, she brought up the mental health thing. Hope she is ok for everyone’s sake. 

If she was injured then fair enough she gave it a go. Something probably was up. Maybe the ADHD story is true. 🤷

9 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Into a 0.6 wind whilst pointing at the clock 10m out.

The new generation of spikes are changing the game.

Just saw that the fastest time ever with a stronger headwind than today was Marion Jones with 10.77 :lol:

3 hours ago, JamieD said:

Can't decide if athletes screwing themselves out of even faster times by celebrating early is cool or stupid as fuck.

Mostly bonuses from sponsors and backers, every time they beat a record, more money in the back pocket. Why do it by miles, probably much harder for sprinters than for pole vaulted etc

12 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Mostly bonuses from sponsors and backers, every time they beat a record, more money in the back pocket. Why do it by miles, probably much harder for sprinters than for pole vaulted etc

You can't repeatedly beat an Olympic record though.

This isn't the same as Duplantis/Bubka breaking a world record by 1cm each time.

7 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

This isn't the same as Duplantis/Bubka breaking a world record by 1cm each time.

Sorry was referring to world records, they don't really care about games records, the gold is the goal

1 hour ago, Moody Blue said:

Not sure why Flo-Jo was never done performance enhancing drug taking, her rise and then quick retirement was unprecedented.  Thompson-Herah's time realistically the fastest, legally, ever seen. 

Why would you assume that Thompson-Herah's time is any more "legal" than Flo-Jo's? 

1 hour ago, TheKingObv said:

Pole vault is especially weird because often the actual jump is like, 20cm higher than the bar.

14 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Why would you assume that Thompson-Herah's time is any more "legal" than Flo-Jo's? 

I mean this is a fair point.

But when you weigh up the evidence, she is more likely to be 'legal' than Flo-Jo, which is all we can really do in athletics now isn't it? She is no doubt TUE'd out her box though - would love to see what medication these top athletes are on. I think some of the lists would be mental.

On a side note, Okagbare got done for HGH :lol: Mental. 

30 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

I mean this is a fair point.

But when you weigh up the evidence, she is more likely to be 'legal' than Flo-Jo, which is all we can really do in athletics now isn't it? She is no doubt TUE'd out her box though - would love to see what medication these top athletes are on. I think some of the lists would be mental.

On a side note, Okagbare got done for HGH :lol: Mental. 

The way I see it, of Flo Jo was obviously doped, and Thompson-Herah has run faster times than all but like, 3 Flo Jo performances, then spikes or not, if Flo Jo was doped then it's pretty likely anyone getting close to her was.