****Official UEFA Champions League 2021/22 Thread****

Athletico Madrid has been the dirtiest team in world football for as long as I can remember.

I didn't see tonight's game but the reactions are not surprising.

I'm old enough to remember the night they kicked the fuck out of Jimmy Johnstone, lol

1 hour ago, stuart1994 said:

I honestly don't see anything wrong with Atletico did, Man City players were doing as much rolling around and booting the ball away as them, Fillipe was an idiot and got rightfully punished, and the Savic incident is blown out of proportion, if anything Foden starts it by doing 6 rolls back onto the park. Will say one thing shot themselves in the foot because they were on top the second half and the incident killed any momentum. The BT pundits were making it out like they've committed mass crime.

Savic done exactly what I scream at our players to do when the opposition are rolling about like we lassies to kill time at  the end of a game . Quite enjoyed watching it all unfold 

2 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

The slimy Atletico cunts got the tables turned on them for a change. Fucking up them. Glad to see the back of them. Yaaasssss! 

No genuine football fan will be sorry to see them out. Horrible team. Horrible manager. Horrible football 

7 hours ago, folkestoneger said:

No genuine football fan will be sorry to see them out. Horrible team. Horrible manager. Horrible football 

Total myth they play horrible football. Maybe away in the CL but at home they attack very well and were unlucky last night. 

9 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

Savic done exactly what I scream at our players to do when the opposition are rolling about like we lassies to kill time at  the end of a game . Quite enjoyed watching it all unfold 

Exactly the amount of times I’ve heard “get him aff the fucking park” at ibrox. See nothing wrong with it 

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Total myth they play horrible football. Maybe away in the CL but at home they attack very well and were unlucky last night. 

Spot on.

Completely dominated the whole second half last night and had more possession than Man City, the best possession based team in the world.

Cunts used to praise Mourinho for parking the bus and having 20% possession. :lol:

59 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Spot on.

Completely dominated the whole second half last night and had more possession than Man City, the best possession based team in the world.

Cunts used to praise Mourinho for parking the bus and having 20% possession. :lol:

I think that’s why Simeone is underrated in all honesty. You’ve even got the “best” :lol: pundits running with the same narrative. 

Just because they go 5-4-1 or 5-3-2 without the ball and are extremely organised doesn’t make it horrible football. 

They were very unlucky not to get ET last night

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I think that’s why Simeone is underrated in all honesty. You’ve even got the “best” :lol: pundits running with the same narrative. 

Just because they go 5-4-1 or 5-3-2 without the ball and are extremely organised doesn’t make it horrible football. 

They were very unlucky not to get ET last night

They are a not a good football team. 

And he is a manager who acts like a spoiled child which transfers to his players who in turn act the same way. 

Good riddance to them. 

Can say all you want about their playing style, some hate it some don't mind it. Personally I don't mind it, there's no right or wrong way to play football and that's what I like about it, but It's utterly ridiculous to say they're not a good side :lol:. They were relegated as recently as 2000 and hadn't beat Real Madrid in as long. He took over them when they were plodding about mid table and has managed to win two leagues with them, get to two Champions League finals, win two Europa Leagues and a Copa del Rey. All that In the space of ten or so years. Add to the fact he did it in the same league as arguably the two biggest clubs in the world and he's turned them into one of Europe's biggest clubs as well, crazy to say there not a good team.

2 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

They are a not a good football team. 

And he is a manager who acts like a spoiled child which transfers to his players who in turn act the same way. 

Good riddance to them. 

They're 10x the club City could ever dream of being though lets be honest

• 2 weeks later...