*****The Official Champions vs Alashkert Thread*****

graeme_4

Experience is Tav and Borna. Current form is Patterson and Bassey. I have the feeling that Gerrard will go with experience. But I am often wrong.

I note that the Armenians only beat that Welsh pub team 3-2 on aggregate (name escapes me but they knocked Killie out a couple of years ago) which suggests they are no great shakes. 

Game day and I am in a more optimistic mood. I reckon they are a bit better than Dunfermline but a side that we will swat aside. An early goal to settle us down and put the fear into them and the score could be anything (high press essential). But if we just we knock it about in front of them and they get through the first 30 mins at 0-0 then it could end up being a long night.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Give us Hagi and Aribo in the middle with Wright and Kent supporting Morelos. Davis doing the holding job, Helander back in and Bassey keeping his place. Tav will probably get he shout ahead of Patterson but doesn't deserve to right now.

Hagi is a must. 

10 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Experience is Tav and Borna. Current form is Patterson and Bassey. I have the feeling that Gerrard will go with experience. But I am often wrong.

I note that the Armenians only beat that Welsh pub team 3-2 on aggregate (name escapes me but they knocked Killie out a couple of years ago) which suggests they are no great shakes. 

Game day and I am in a more optimistic mood. I reckon they are a bit better than Dunfermline but a side that we will swat aside. An early goal to settle us down and put the fear into them and the score could be anything (high press essential). But if we just we knock it about in front of them and they get through the first 30 mins at 0-0 then it could end up being a long night.

Needs finished the night so next weeks a formality 

21 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I think manager goes with tav and Bassey tonight. 

Ideally we want this game over tonight so next week we can treat the 2nd leg as a bounce game. Leaving some players at home for Sunday 

38 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Give us Hagi and Aribo in the middle with Wright and Kent supporting Morelos. Davis doing the holding job, Helander back in and Bassey keeping his place. Tav will probably get he shout ahead of Patterson but doesn't deserve to right now.

He won't, he will play either Lundstram or Arfield.

14 hours ago, Swagger said:

Sakala not in squad ? Still injured ? 

11 hours ago, JM1872 said:

He was in the squad v Malmo & played. What has changed?

It’s a bit worrying that we have missed our new signings for parts of both these European ties.

2 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Boy in my work told me he’s just seen the Alashkert team suited up in Sainsbury’s raiding the confectionary aisle for as much ‘luxury’ chocolate as they could grab :lol: 

Preparations going well

Raiding a fucking Primark tae :lol:

Fucking hell are we qualifying for the Conference League?

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Christ no

It’s weird, but understandable, the last few seasons the Europa PO game has always had a massive build up and excitement in the lead up. Wheras this time after Malmö is all a bit subdued. 

Hoping we go out like we did in the first 45 of Malmö and Dunfermline and get the job done tonight.  

32 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Raiding a fucking Primark tae :lol:

Fucking hell are we qualifying for the Conference League?

You'd be surprised at some of the stuff you can't get in some places 😂

They'll have allsorts of lists to fill poor bastards 😂

7 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

I know fuck all about Alashkert but I don’t expect us to hammer them tonight. Poor start to the season with a few players off form. Anyway I’ll go 2-0 Gers but I obviously hope for more tonight. 

I also know nothing about this team and a bit wary of them being written off, but hoping for a good result to take away next week.

Archived