celtic Face 25 actions regarding Historic Abuse

39 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Is it really that much of a coincidence for a player to be contacted by his coach?

So what's the link between Brian Beattie (the guy currently in jail convicted of Lawrence's murder) and any of the other deaths? What link is there between Lawrence's murder and a guy who committed suicide 18 years after Lawrence was killed?

I think it is a hell of a coincidence for him to be regularly visited and called by one nonce on the day that he is murdered by another nonce.

I have no idea if there is any link between them, I literally didn't know anything about the case until I looked it up an hour ago.

I honestly don't think that the point you are objecting to is overly damaging to their credibility though. I think your personal connection may be making you a little over sensitive to the case, and quite understandably so.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I think it is a hell of a coincidence for him to be regularly visited and called by one nonce on the day that he is murdered by another nonce.

I have no idea if there is any link between them, I literally didn't know anything about the case until I looked it up an hour ago.

I honestly don't think that the point you are objecting to is overly damaging to their credibility though. I think your personal connection may be making you a little over sensitive to the case, and quite understandably so.

he wasn't 'regularly visited and called' on the day he died. He was called once on the day he died. The nonce who called him was his football coach.

Using a child's murder to make suggestions - without actually having the courage to come out and say what they are hinting at  - is vile and disrespectful to both him and his family.

Given my 'personal connection' if there was a shred of evidence that Lawrence's death was anything other than the result of Brian Beattie, I'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

he wasn't 'regularly visited and called' on the day he died. He was called once on the day he died. The nonce who called him was his football coach.

Using a child's murder to make suggestions - without actually having the courage to come out and say what they are hinting at  - is vile and disrespectful to both him and his family.

Given my 'personal connection' if there was a shred of evidence that Lawrence's death was anything other than the result of Brian Beattie, I'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

Do you not find that McCafferty was contacting young boys at home worrying in itself?

31 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You will be about the same age as Lawrence Haggerty and stay a few miles away .I take it you played with him .

When it happened i stayed in Stirling at the time and I remember the whole area being shocked .

2 minutes ago, mrmojorisin said:

Do you not find that McCafferty was contacting young boys at home worrying in itself?

Not when you take it into the context of McCafferty being his coach, no. Certainly wasn't something that was that uncommon in my experiences growing up.

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

You will be about the same age as Lawrence Haggerty and stay a few miles away .I take it you played with him .

When it happened i stayed in Stirling at the time and I remember the whole area being shocked .

Wee bit younger and was closer in age to his younger brother Dennis but lived in the street next to them growing up and were all part of the same bigger group of scheme weans that all lived round about each other and played together. Lawrence was my sisters age. I was really pally with his cousin who lived nearby too and still remember the whole thing clear as day. Always forget it happened a few days after Dunblane and always wondered if there was any link between Beattie and Hamilton given the proximity and the fact Hamilton operated clubs in Denny (among a host of other places).

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not when you take it into the context of McCafferty being his coach, no. Certainly wasn't something that was that uncommon in my experiences growing up.

ive never heard of any coach contacting boys at home. Why would he even be bothering them at home  outwith the football arena? 

Given what we know now about mccafferty its plainly obvious. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Wee bit younger and was closer in age to his younger brother Dennis but lived in the street next to them growing up and were all part of the same bigger group of scheme weans that all lived round about each other and played together. Lawrence was my sisters age. I was really pally with his cousin who lived nearby too and still remember the whole thing clear as day. Always forget it happened a few days after Dunblane and always wondered if there was any link between Beattie and Hamilton given the proximity and the fact Hamilton operated clubs in Denny (among a host of other places).

Couldn’t remember if it was before or after Dunblane .And never heard any connection between Beattie and Hamilton .

In the years after from what I had heard and the amount of folk I now know that attended clubs all over the area that Hamilton ran and the amount of boys that left the clubs is crazy .Hamilton had connections at the top of Central Scotland Police who allowed him to have guns .It’s not surprising that a lot of what was going on at the time has been kept on the lowdown .

2 minutes ago, mrmojorisin said:

ive never heard of any coach contacting boys at home. Why would he even be bothering them at home  outwith the football arena? 

Given what we know now about mccafferty its plainly obvious. 

Without even thinkinging there's a couple of reasons he could have been calling him: Organise travel for upcoming training/fixtures, see how he'd got on at the internationals he'd just returned from with Scotland.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Without even thinkinging there's a couple of reasons he could have been calling him: Organise travel for upcoming training/fixtures, see how he'd got on at the internationals he'd just returned from with Scotland.

It’s easy to forget the changes in the world from back then to today .Communication is on a different level to what it was back then .

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

Couldn’t remember if it was before or after Dunblane .And never heard any connection between Beattie and Hamilton .

In the years after from what I had heard and the amount of folk I now know that attended clubs all over the area that Hamilton ran and the amount of boys that left the clubs is crazy .Hamilton had connections at the top of Central Scotland Police who allowed him to have guns .It’s not surprising that a lot of what was going on at the time has been kept on the lowdown .

We went to one of them. Never anything untoward (that I know of) but sure it would only have been a matter of time. Think he, like far too many others at the time, were just written off as being harmless weirdos who liked kids but weren't an active danger to the wider population.

Just now, magic8ball said:

It’s easy to forget the changes in the world from back then to today .Communication is on a different level to what it was back then .

Aye, 1995/6 it was in person or landline. As far back as when I was 7/8 I was playing with Milton of Campsie along with another boy from Denny. If training was cancelled/moved or they needed us to pick someone up, they'd phone one of us. There was nothing weird or creepy about it. It's just how the world was. Once I started playing with more local sides, it was much the same. There were no email newsletters, facebook pages and parent groupchats for this stuff all to be sorted out.

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We went to one of them. Never anything untoward (that I know of) but sure it would only have been a matter of time. Think he, like far too many others at the time, were just written off as being harmless weirdos who liked kids but weren't an active danger to the wider population.

I had an apprentice late 90s who went to one of the clubs in Stirling when he was younger .His mum pulled him and his brother out the club because she was uncomfortable with the No shirts policy ,I believe she was a social worker so might have had her eyes open a bit more than most .

3 hours ago, jamesy58 said:

The Facillitators need to be held to account Kelly , McGinn and every denier since 1967 ,their friend or should that be the fiend who  took control of their boys club.

Nobody can be sure how many weans suffered at the hands of this abominable  organisation. 

From McAfferty to Bennel,his links with Torbett and Lord McCluskey nobody can trust these pillors of society to do the right thing.

An inquiry  is the least you would  expect, but in the Republic of Scotland, the powers that be will continue to ignore and refuse to  investigate the Roman Catholic  Church, the  celtic football and athletic  club, but you  can bet your boots if it is a laddie singing a song that upsets their moral attitude they would be down on it like a ton of bricks or should that be price you have to pay to support  anyone but celtic. 

The two big elephants are sitting in the corner being conveniently ignored.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, BroonBear said:

Daily Record have this on today....

celtic Boys Club founder Jim Torbett to stand trial accused of repeated sexual abuse of boy

Torbett, 75, allegedly committed a series of sex attacks on the teen between June 1967 and December 1968 at various locations in Glasgow.

Cunt wants strung up by the baws with piano wire 

17 hours ago, BroonBear said:

Torbett, 75, allegedly committed a series of sex attacks on the teen between  1967 and December 1968 at various locations in Glasgow.

This culb should be stripped of every trophy won since then and thrown out of football forever and the ground acquired from GCC impounded and sold off for charity.