With what is available, how does Gerrard change it?

The Ibrox Derry

51 minutes ago, Gazza2258 said:

I wouldn't replace him on just yesterdays performance, he's been poor for a while, and we have a capable replacement.  And I also said although I would want to replace Goldson we can't.  Catch up !!!!!

Fuck up haha. Who comes out and wants to change things up when we've just hammered a team 6-1. 

45 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Also the rotation of keepers is frustrating. If McGregor can’t play 2 games a week then he plays domestically or European and cup games. We’re rotating almost every single game. 

We are in a difficult position now. McGregor is clearly on the way out and I don’t think McLaughlin is good enough to be the first choice in the long term. Unless we are going to go with McCrorie in the long term then we 100% need to identify a new keeper this Summer. 

16 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We are in a difficult position now. McGregor is clearly on the way out and I don’t think McLaughlin is good enough to be the first choice in the long term. Unless we are going to go with McCrorie in the long term then we 100% need to identify a new keeper this Summer. 

Thought McCrorie might’ve got another couple of games after a double clean sheet week when he came in. 

I think he has to be 1st choice next year tbh, it’s been coming for a while and if we win the league this year there will be less “pressure” on us next year having won 2 in a row because last season and this are probably the two biggest in our history and for financial reasons too. 

7 hours ago, Gazza2258 said:

For me, Paterson in for Tav for starters.  And I would bin Goldson for a bit too, but I don't think Simpson is a good enough replacement and thats all we have just now.  Those 2 are winding me up week in week out.  I recon we will get a bit less from Paterson going forward, but enough to still get goals.  But we will lose less at the back, which will be the difference.  

Yeah, but There's only 2 chances of Gerrard dropping Tav and Goldson...... Naine and fuck all

4 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Heard from somebody on here who I trust that he packed in the Scotland stuff because his back was fucked. Same posted also said that he seriously considered retiring in the Summer for the same reason. I imagine that’s why he isn’t playing twice a week now.

Seemingly he was all set to retire after last season but wanted one more in front of fans as the whole of last season was a shut out

As much as he wont want to, he needs to be second choice now if he cant play every game, its not fair on the backline having to play differently each game due to swapping keepers about

13 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Turns out not being afraid to shoot is a big thing. Ball gets deflected, people miss it, keepers makes mistakes... refreshing to see

Also if teams think you’re taking shots. You start to get defenders jumping out of position to try and close down and make blocks which opens up gaps. Rather than let all the play be passive in front of them

9 hours ago, Prso's headband said:
9 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

It’s never really a popular opinion on here but Patterson does not deserve to start ahead of Tav right now. 

Patterson hasn’t really done that much to warrant a start, he was just about to be subbed at the Hibs game as he was fading really badly before he put an excellent ball in. He’s very energetic and willing but he hasn’t put in that kind of performance where you think yes he definitely needs a run of games. 

17 games and 12 goals or assists for Tav speak volumes. 

That is the top line. Take into account the fuck-ups which have cost us goals on a regular basis and you have a different bottom line. No reason why Patterson should not be given a run. Maybe a spell on the bench would do Tav a bit of good.

51 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

That is the top line. Take into account the fuck-ups which have cost us goals on a regular basis and you have a different bottom line. No reason why Patterson should not be given a run. Maybe a spell on the bench would do Tav a bit of good.

Tav has been in "indifferent" form this year, and pretty sure I've said a few times he should maybe be dropped for Patterson.

Stats don't lie though. Not just for us, but probably in the SPFL over the last 2/3 years he has the most assists over anyone. No mean feat for a right back/wing back. 

Still think Patterson is wasted on the bench, but what can you do.

6 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Tav has been in "indifferent" form this year, and pretty sure I've said a few times he should maybe be dropped for Patterson.

Stats don't lie though. Not just for us, but probably in the SPFL over the last 2/3 years he has the most assists over anyone. No mean feat for a right back/wing back. 

Still think Patterson is wasted on the bench, but what can you do.

Given that our play is built around the fullbacks putting the ball into the box more than anyone else, and that we have more of the ball than anyone else and that tav is on set pieces mostly, him having they stats isnt surprising tbh

If we are going by attacking stats alone, then ralston at the tarriers is up there is he not, or is it because they use their fullbacks kinda like we do? 

34 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Given that our play is built around the fullbacks putting the ball into the box more than anyone else, and that we have more of the ball than anyone else and that tav is on set pieces mostly, him having they stats isnt surprising tbh

If we are going by attacking stats alone, then ralston at the tarriers is up there is he not, or is it because they use their fullbacks kinda like we do? 

They use their full backs completely differently to us 

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The hoops people jump through to try and downplay Tav’s attacking contribution is incredible. :lol:

He showed on Sunday not only why he’s in the team, but also why he’s the captain.

Yup.

And, whilst I like him and think he has a big future, there is a considerable over-rating of Patterson's current level of ability on here.

28 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

They use their full backs completely differently to us 

Im meaning that they use them to attack, their tactics involve them in attack, whereas you don't see motherwell building a system that makes odonnell the focal point of their attacks etc 

35 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The hoops people jump through to try and downplay Tav’s attacking contribution is incredible. :lol:

He showed on Sunday not only why he’s in the team, but also why he’s the captain.

No one downplays it, him on form is essential to our system, but people use his attacking stats to disregard the fact he's a very poor defensive player, 

20 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

No one downplays it, him on form is essential to our system, but people use his attacking stats to disregard the fact he's a very poor defensive player, 

Hardly anybody says he’s a good defender though. People say he’s improved, but you don’t get people saying “yeah he’s a class defensive full back”.

16 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Hardly anybody says he’s a good defender though. People say he’s improved, but you don’t get people saying “yeah he’s a class defensive full back”.

I didnt say that i said they use his attacking stats to disregard the fact he's very poor, when his defensive ability is brought to light people will say "aye but he scores and assists" 

17 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I didnt say that i said they use his attacking stats to disregard the fact he's very poor, when his defensive ability is brought to light people will say "aye but he scores and assists" 

Because people are capable of weighing up the pros against the cons and the pros he offers us far outweigh the cons. You’ll never do that because you’ve pretty much always leaned on the negative when it comes to Tav.

42 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He’s definitely improved the  defensive side of his game but he ain’t no Sandy Jardine.