With what is available, how does Gerrard change it?

The Ibrox Derry

2 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

There was a better balance about the team with Davis, Kamara and Arfield together again in midfield. Even though we were 1 down for most of the first half we were in control of the game and played some decent football. 

Airfield’s legs might be going a bit but his first instinct is first instinct is always to go forward in some form. It makes the midfield so much more balanced.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Airfield’s legs might be going a bit but his first instinct is first instinct is always to go forward in some form. It makes the midfield so much more balanced.

No one, and i mean absolutely no one in the team manages to find the pockets of space in between opponents lines like arfield does, and the timing of his late runs into the box is something else we cannot get from any other midfielder, shame he is getting old

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

No one, and i mean absolutely no one in the team manages to find the pockets of space in between opponents lines like arfield does, and the timing of his late runs into the box is something else we cannot get from any other midfielder, shame he is getting old

He also made our high press more efficient and effective today. 

I think our best XI is today’s but Kent in for Arfield. Arfield looks like his legs are gone. I like how he offers something different but a lot of the play in tight areas breaks down through him.

Aribo is at his best at right wing. Sakala gives us pace and width.

And Kent has shown before he is a handful playing behind Morelos.

Davis Kamara

Aribo Kent Sakala

Morelos

Still buzzing after yesterday. Great to see us score a few goals and them slip up.

Midfield looked better balanced and Davis is still an incredible player for us. Positioning and awareness 2nd to none.

Big Joe in the front 3 is devastating and the pace of wee Sakala probably kills that high line teams were using against us. This gives the Midfield more space to play as not so congested.

Hopefully we awoken from our slumber.

22 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Some takeaways from yesterday:

- We need one midfielder in the 3 that is adept at running beyond the front 3 and breaking lines. Arfield gave us far more drive. 

- Aribo has done us a turn in midfield but is so much better as one of the front 3 where he can take players on.

- We need pace up front, and at least 1 player willing to run at people. A front 3 of Morelos, Hagi and Roofe isn't quick or incisive enough.

- When you're willing to take shots from outside the box you disrupt the concentration of the defending team and make them uncertain about whether to press or maintain their shape. That creates the sort of space we need.

I think Kent, Morelos and Roofe are our best 3 attackers, but they're not our best front 3. Would love to see Kent, Alfie and Sakala together.

That's the front 3 I want to see too - pace on both sides, a directness to both Kent and Sakala's play plus Morelos is more than willing to run channels or come short while 1 of the other 2 go in behind. 

Sakala yesterday was very different to Sakala a month ago. I remember he got subbed on and just refused to run channels, wanted everything played into his feet etc. Yesterday was much, much, much better from him. Seems like he has finally bought in to the way the team plays. 

On 27/10/2021 at 22:00, The Ibrox Derry said:

Simple question??, not so simple answer.

We have been way way short this season so far, nobody will argue that iam sure, we've got away with a few games by the skin of our teeth, mainly Hibs at home, stjohnstone, Dundee, St mirren away.

Any ideas on how he turns this round with what is available?

For me, Paterson in for Tav for starters.  And I would bin Goldson for a bit too, but I don't think Simpson is a good enough replacement and thats all we have just now.  Those 2 are winding me up week in week out.  I recon we will get a bit less from Paterson going forward, but enough to still get goals.  But we will lose less at the back, which will be the difference.  

2 hours ago, Gazza2258 said:

For me, Paterson in for Tav for starters.  And I would bin Goldson for a bit too, but I don't think Simpson is a good enough replacement and thats all we have just now.  Those 2 are winding me up week in week out.  I recon we will get a bit less from Paterson going forward, but enough to still get goals.  But we will lose less at the back, which will be the difference.  

We’ve found @falkirkNS second account guys :lol:

3 hours ago, tm91 said:

Some takeaways from yesterday:

- We need one midfielder in the 3 that is adept at running beyond the front 3 and breaking lines. Arfield gave us far more drive. 

- Aribo has done us a turn in midfield but is so much better as one of the front 3 where he can take players on.

- We need pace up front, and at least 1 player willing to run at people. A front 3 of Morelos, Hagi and Roofe isn't quick or incisive enough.

- When you're willing to take shots from outside the box you disrupt the concentration of the defending team and make them uncertain about whether to press or maintain their shape. That creates the sort of space we need.

I think Kent, Morelos and Roofe are our best 3 attackers, but they're not our best front 3. Would love to see Kent, Alfie and Sakala together.

Looks like you've just expanded on my points ya bam🤣🤣

4 hours ago, Gazza2258 said:

Loads of mental shite in there. You realise Tav scored a worldie and got two assists yesterday right? Love or hate Goldson there is nobody in the team fit enough or good enough to replace him just now. But aye, seemed to have emphatically bounced back yesterday but replace the captain and change things 

34 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Loads of mental shite in there. You realise Tav scored a worldie and got two assists yesterday right? Love or hate Goldson there is nobody in the team fit enough or good enough to replace him just now. But aye, seemed to have emphatically bounced back yesterday but replace the captain and change things 

I wouldn't replace him on just yesterdays performance, he's been poor for a while, and we have a capable replacement.  And I also said although I would want to replace Goldson we can't.  Catch up !!!!!

18 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

You heard something of an injury that’s not healing perhaps? 

Heard from somebody on here who I trust that he packed in the Scotland stuff because his back was fucked. Same posted also said that he seriously considered retiring in the Summer for the same reason. I imagine that’s why he isn’t playing twice a week now.

Just now, DBBTB said:

Heard from somebody on here who I trust that he packed in the Scotland stuff because his back was fucked. Same posted also said that he seriously considered retiring in the Summer for the same reason. I imagine that’s why he isn’t playing twice a week now.

Fair enough mate. 

It’s never really a popular opinion on here but Patterson does not deserve to start ahead of Tav right now. 

Patterson hasn’t really done that much to warrant a start, he was just about to be subbed at the Hibs game as he was fading really badly before he put an excellent ball in. He’s very energetic and willing but he hasn’t put in that kind of performance where you think yes he definitely needs a run of games. 

17 games and 12 goals or assists for Tav speak volumes.